House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
detached

Gordon Brown's Record

Let us examine our next PM record :

- Taxed dividends paid to pension funds just as yields were falling which resulted in sharp fall in pensions for millions. This in turn put people off pension schemes and poured billions of private investors' funds into BTL properties. This caused HPI and its resulting social divide.

- Sold tons of gold before just before the great commodity price boom, thus losing billions to the UK.

- Set up SIPPS, a legal tax-avoidance scheme for the better-off, which furthered to HPI, before withdrawing the whole plan at the last minute - revealing in the process a complete lack of understanding of tax matters.

- Set up REITS (real estate investment trust), a gift to large property companies (check out British Land) as this will reduce their corporation tax by billions in the coming years - instead of this money being used for schools and hospitals.

- Despite dubious accounting and furious spin, now being forced to add future PFI liabilities (a lot of PFI deals being a complete rip-off for the country) to the national debt.

- Complete inaction in allowing consumer debt boom (more than doubled since 2000 to £1.2 trillion , ie 2.5 times more than in France) now resulting in debt misery for hundreds of thousands.

Now consider the above and enjoy the show as the UK economy starts unravelling just as Gordon takes over. Won't be able to pass the buck after 10 years in charge of the Treasury.

Let us examine our next PM record :

- Taxed dividends paid to pension funds just as yields were falling which resulted in sharp fall in pensions for millions. This in turn put people off pension schemes and poured billions of private investors' funds into BTL properties. This caused HPI and its resulting social divide.

- Sold tons of gold before just before the great commodity price boom, thus losing billions to the UK.

- Set up SIPPS, a legal tax-avoidance scheme for the better-off, which furthered to HPI, before withdrawing the whole plan at the last minute - revealing in the process a complete lack of understanding of tax matters.

- Set up REITS (real estate investment trust), a gift to large property companies (check out British Land) as this will reduce their corporation tax by billions in the coming years - instead of this money being used for schools and hospitals.

- Despite dubious accounting and furious spin, now being forced to add future PFI liabilities (a lot of PFI deals being a complete rip-off for the country) to the national debt.

- Complete inaction in allowing consumer debt boom (more than doubled since 2000 to £1.2 trillion , ie 2.5 times more than in France) now resulting in debt misery for hundreds of thousands.

Now consider the above and enjoy the show as the UK economy starts unravelling just as Gordon takes over. Won't be able to pass the buck after 10 years in charge of the Treasury.

And his obession with means-testing that penalises those who have saved for their retirement and rewards those who haven't. Also, unemployment benefit was more generous under the tories, can you believe, as I have found out to my cost. My gf was unemployed for six months and she could not claim anything. Back in 1996, she could have. This has cost me thousands.

I hate Gordon Brown, and I'm a labour party member.