House Price Crash Forum

Tony Blair To Be Homeless

HOLA441
HOLA442

Poor Tone will be out on his harse when he leaves No 10 - his Connaught Sq house is let until 2008 - his mortgage payments are an eyewatering £13k a month - still he's getting £2k a week in rent - is this the real reason he wont quit?

i thought it was empty - and the security services won't let him live in because of the "risk" :blink:

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

He needs to make himself a little more marketable before he quits

yes - i can see it now

war criminal for hire

-experienced at invading other countries and stealing their oil. (ongoing project)

-good cut and paste skills from the internet.

-economies wrecked to order - 'phone me for a quote.

-qualifications - 3rd class law degree

HOLA446

Don't forget the 2 Bristol BTL flats estimated by local EAs to be worth £50K less than what Cherie paid for them.

Will need that job from Rupert Murdoch more than ever. Perhaps Cherie could do a Hello exclusive about life in no.10 complete with revelations on GB's strange personal habits

HOLA447

When he does leave he will earn several million in his first year, so he is probably not losing too much sleep. I reckon he has a chart pinned inside his wardrobe that he looks at before bed with arrows and stickers all over it, entitled "MISSION: STOP GORDON" and he wants the plan to work.

HOLA448

yes - i can see it now

war criminal for hire

-experienced at invading other countries and stealing their oil. (ongoing project)

-good cut and paste skills from the internet.

-economies wrecked to order - 'phone me for a quote.

-qualifications - 3rd class law degree

He only got a third? That's pants. Bush did better than that

HOLA449

I was living in Bristol at the time the Blairs were property speculating - at the time Tony said he was buying a place for his son to live whilst at Uni - but why did they buy three properties? Surely son couldn't have lived in all three - and didn't - now he's in America - they have three prime properties in Bristol to sell.

Watch those - will there be some clever scheme in the next few months which props up the property market via Gordy - enabling them to recruit their assets - and buy a mansion in London enabling Tony to carry on getting planes to US to keep his relationship with Bush going?

I left this country when Maggie got her third term because it was so corrupt and came back when Blair got in thinking this would change. But I'm so dissapointed - it's as if Blair just carried on where Maggie left off - and has distroyed what little was left of society.

Sad bitch signing off.

HOLA4410

It would appear that Bliars "nest egg" has turned rotten.......losing 6k a month (ouch). No wonder Cruella is active on the "I'm the PMs wife and I'll do anything for people stupid enough to pay" public appearance/speech tour:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,17129-2351974.html

Edited by Smokeandmirrors

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I was living in Bristol at the time the Blairs were property speculating

the reason he - or rather Cherieeeee got into BTL was their horror at discovering their old house in Islington which they sold in 1997 and gone up in value some £750k by 2001 - ouch! Hence their desperate attempt to claw back some of that lost fortune with a BTL portfolio.

The Blairs have spectacularly misjudged the property market

HOLA4413

Maggie got her third term because it was so corrupt and came back when Blair got in thinking this would change. But I'm so dissapointed - it's as if Blair just carried on where Maggie left off - and has distroyed what little was left of society.

I agree, if anything Blair is worse than Maggie. Maggie was a wolf in wolfs clothing, Tony is a snake in sheeps clothing. Blair is certainly more Conservative than he is Labour.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

The Blairs have spectacularly misjudged the property market

So much for joined-up government. If he and Gordon had so much as been on speaking terms during the last nine years TB would have known that the early pensions tax grab plus dot com crash were practically certain to send huge volumes of money into property just by default.

HOLA4416

Blair will do very well for himself when he steps down, the americans love him, when he release his biography it will go down a storm.

I don't like him at all netherless he's a very shrewd businessman who been using his position to ensure that he'll be be able to say 'I'm alright jack ! '

I think that is the likely scenario, unless Knacker of the Yard can do his stuff. We can but hope