House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wemb

Madness In Bath

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-130...15&tr_t=buy

Was sold to sold, perhaps four months ago, for 89000. Now it's on sale for £137,500. Insane. All they've done is painted it white and upgraded the kitchen.

It's -still- got no bedrooms, -still- is on the groundfloor on the busiest road in Bath and is -still- opposite the Longacre Tavern, one of the roughest pubs in the area.

I'm surely tempted to visit the estate agents to try and establish exactly why the hell they think this dump is 50% better than it was six months ago.

That's the last sub-£100,000 property in central Bath gone now.

Dave

Well prices are obviously going up at 100% a year in bath, you better get in quick.

I'd love to know how. My income is about £25k, I've got savings of £10k, I'm 34 and that was the last sub-£100k property on the market in Bath anyway. Oh, and it was a shithole which is why I didn't buy it at £89k six months ago.

Godammit, I'd by happy not buying if I could find somewhere with a long-term lease - I just want security, not £££.

Dave

Bath is utterly ridiculous for house prices, i live in Bristol and it's bad enough here. :blink:

What galls somewhat is that Bath University (where I work) pay about 10-20% less that equivalent jobs at Bristol University. Which is barking considering the relative difference in the cost of living in two areas. I'd ask for a 'Bath weighting' if I didn't know what the HR dept. here was like already.

I have noticed increasing numbers of 'no chain' properties in the paper which suggests that the BTL's are beginning to leave the market - but no real sign of prices droping at all.

Dave

As I posted on a different thread, estate agents ads. in the local paper for Frome (15 miles from Bath) are beginning to carry those 'new price' or 'reduced price' flags on them. One place was reduced from £400k last week to £380k this.

As I posted on a different thread, estate agents ads. in the local paper for Frome (15 miles from Bath) are beginning to carry those 'new price' or 'reduced price' flags on them. One place was reduced from £400k last week to £380k this.

I saw that. I'm keeping an eye on Frome, as the prices are (approaching) sensible levels. The problem is the transport links to Bath, which is why the prices are saner. Even moreso with Trowbridge.

Dave

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-130...15&tr_t=buy

Was sold to sold, perhaps four months ago, for 89000. Now it's on sale for £137,500. Insane. All they've done is painted it white and upgraded the kitchen.

It's -still- got no bedrooms, -still- is on the groundfloor on the busiest road in Bath and is -still- opposite the Longacre Tavern, one of the roughest pubs in the area.

I'm surely tempted to visit the estate agents to try and establish exactly why the hell they think this dump is 50% better than it was six months ago.

That's the last sub-£100,000 property in central Bath gone now.

Dave

Goodo - following a murder at the stinking hole of a pub opposite. and the recent news of rising rates and inflation, the price is droping to merely 'vastly overpriced' rather than 'taking the mick':

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-596...=1&tr_t=buy

£110,000 now - still stupid, but I'm still hoping the flippers get slaughtered and end up selling for less than the 89K they brought it for. Trying to squeeze a 50% markup on it was obscene.

Dave