House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mustapha Loan

Eastbourne

Had a trip down there today (nice weather etc). Couldn't believe the development that has taken place down there shocking. Was there about 5 years ago and it seems to have changed a hell of a lot.

How are they going to sell all of those flats? Seen a Penthouse on Rightmove at 700k! Are they mad this is not Cannes! If anyone has (invested) down there they are in for a shocker. London maybe with a strong Job Market but Eastbourne?!

I have a friend with an investment property in Eastbourne marina. Its a 2 bed flat and cost £270,000, they are renting it out at £650 per month. Thats a yield of 2.8% . Prices seem to be static or falling now.

Is this a good investment?

I have a friend with an investment property in Eastbourne marina. Its a 2 bed flat and cost £270,000, they are renting it out at £650 per month. Thats a yield of 2.8% . Prices seem to be static or falling now.

Is this a good investment?

Is this a good investment ? Come on your having a laugh asking that , you can get almost double that in the bank/building society , the £ 8,100 stamp duty must of hurt as well , i don't even need to see the flat to now know it will have a SALE not asking price of well under £270K many of these coastal modern developments have lost the early buyers £ 1,000's . Has it got a nice view ? That might help :lol:

Sorry but i have no sympathy for mugs like your m8 who was probably sucked in by all the hype .