House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Civil Servant

Mystery: What Is The Little Rubber Tuby Thing In A Puncture Repair Kit For?

Guest grumpy-old-man

You know, the little whitish/yellowish hollow tuby thing. Never use it while mending a puncture, but there is always one in the little green box...

brilliant :lol::lol:

you clearly can't be a civil servant with a soh like that!

if you are being serious, please excuse me as you clearly are a civil servant.........

ps - where's my bl00dy planning application from 2005 ?

Guest grumpy-old-man

You know, the little whitish/yellowish hollow tuby thing. Never use it while mending a puncture, but there is always one in the little green box...

ps - what is it btw ? I don't actually know.........bu55er!!

pps - for eveyone else that's a conspiracy nut like me, the 911 liar things on @ 11:30 tonight on sky 3

ppps - sorry for hi-jacking your thread.

pppps - I like your avatar

ppppps - sorry for adding comments onto my replies :blink:

I think it is supposed to be used to repair the valve if it's leaking. Only works with certain types of bicycle tube valves, not bikes fitted with car valves. You can unscrew the valve, take the old holey tuby thing out out and replace it with the little yellow one.

Ok - I am only replying to this because I need to build up my reputation so I can post new threads.

A 'car valve' is known as a 'Schrader valve' and a bicycle valve is known as a 'Woods valve'. The little yellow tuby thing is to repair a 'Woods valve'.

Anyway, I reckon that you are secretly using the analogy of tyre valves as a secret code to tell us that the housing industry is going to go the same way as the the 'Woods valve'. Therefore I am going to sell all eleven of my BTL houses and become a renter myself.

Long live the Schrader valve is what I say!

Guest grumpy-old-man

why is it that a conductor's wood baton thingy never in rhythm with the music ? in fact why is he even there ? groups like queen didn't have one & they have drums, guitar etc......

been for a quick walk round the block with the missus to walk off the cider (hence my stupid replies :P ), comes back in & the proms in the park is on.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

comes back in & the proms in the park is on.

Absolutely fantastic. There you go that`s what Britishness is all about. Albert Hall, Hyde Park, Manchester, Swansea, Glasgow, and Belfast. :) What pretty girls all those violinists are. ;)

Ok - I am only replying to this because I need to build up my reputation so I can post new threads.

A 'car valve' is known as a 'Schrader valve' and a bicycle valve is known as a 'Woods valve'. The little yellow tuby thing is to repair a 'Woods valve'.

Anyway, I reckon that you are secretly using the analogy of tyre valves as a secret code to tell us that the housing industry is going to go the same way as the the 'Woods valve'. Therefore I am going to sell all eleven of my BTL houses and become a renter myself.

Long live the Schrader valve is what I say!

The wood or 'Dunlop' valve is ubber rare. All bikes made today are fitted with either a Schrader or a Presta valves. Generally Mountain bikes come with Schraders, while road/time trial/track bikes (i.e. anything with 700cc wheel) comes with smaller/lighter Prestas variant.

Presta's rock!!

Nice call on the Wood's valve!! :D

OK. OK. Interesting stuff. I now have another question. I was packing up the kids' swimming pool for the winter this weekend and noticed the pool's puncture repair kit (inflatable pool) also had the same sort of little rubber tuby thingies. But there is no valve on a pool in the same way as a bike inner tube. Just a rubber thingy where you insert the foot pump. Who then can solve the mystery of the little black rubber tuby thingy in the pool puncture repair kit? :blink:

Guest Shedfish

i think it's for constructing a rudimentary bong, should whatever is inflated choose to burst.

works for bike tyres, swimming pools, and many other asset classes :)

The rubber thingy supplied with puncture repair kit is a code to identify to Freemasons when the next meeting at the lodge will be. As the General Public have no idea as to what these little thingys do, they invariabley just disregard them by throwing them onto the floor.

Highly trained Freemasons familiar with their meaning, recover them and using their secret code books hidden in the lining of their leather posing pouches can identify on which date the lodge will next meet.

I trust this answers your question.