House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badlad1967

Newbie "neither Bull Nor Bear"

Evening all....

Poor BadLad has a stinking cold so I'm not down the pub tonight and will have to stick to a few "medicinal" scotches in front of the telly :)

OK - noticed a few comments on the flood of newbie posters claiming to be "neither bull nor bear" when they are clearly bulls (or just gormless :rolleyes: ).

There's also been a few comments on other threads about this so thought I would start a topic to post opinions in one place.

What does everyone think? IMPO if I was a property bull I would not bother trying to convince others to "buy, buy, buy" on a site like this. I would just sit back and enjoy the "profits". So what is the motivation? I have a few opinions on this but would like to hear what the rest of you think. It seems very childish to me...

And newbie posters in the "newbie" category - here's a chance to post your thoughts as well.

Cheers!

B)

Evening all....

Poor BadLad has a stinking cold so I'm not down the pub tonight and will have to stick to a few "medicinal" scotches in front of the telly :)

OK - noticed a few comments on the flood of newbie posters claiming to be "neither bull nor bear" when they are clearly bulls (or just gormless :rolleyes: ).

There's also been a few comments on other threads about this so thought I would start a topic to post opinions in one place.

What does everyone think? IMPO if I was a property bull I would not bother trying to convince others to "buy, buy, buy" on a site like this. I would just sit back and enjoy the "profits". So what is the motivation? I have a few opinions on this but would like to hear what the rest of you think. It seems very childish to me...

And newbie posters in the "newbie" category - here's a chance to post your thoughts as well.

Cheers!

B)

I agree, and stated this in a thread a couple of days ago.

The pure fact that they have been bothered to sign up and are on this site writing comments must mean that they are concerned about the crash. Like you say, otherwise there are plenty of other places to visit on the internet........ no not those sites, naughty!!! :blink::P

Ah the neither newbies. "I dont have a particular view about the house price issue, but for some reason l'm going to sign up on a site called housepricecrash and immediately argue with every bear l see. While l'm at it, l'll dismiss the site and its posters for its obsession with house prices"....and then post like the pig in Toystory 2 changing channels on the TV remote.

Guest grumpy-old-man

Ah the neither newbies. "I dont have a particular view about the house price issue, but for some reason l'm going to sign up on a site called housepricecrash and immediately argue with every bear l see. While l'm at it, l'll dismiss the site and its posters for its obsession with house prices"....and then post like the pig in Toystory 2 changing channels on the TV remote.

:lol::lol::lol:

Excellent!

But I think you've hit the nail right on the head....

No response from the "neither" crowd yet. Probably had their broadband connections hut off and the phone line is clogged up with calls from collections agencies :lol:

Guest grumpy-old-man

Excellent!

But I think you've hit the nail right on the head....

No response from the "neither" crowd yet. Probably had their broadband connections hut off and the phone line is clogged up with calls from collections agencies :lol:

I'm a "neither", but I don't count :P

I'm 51% Bear, 49% Bull, although the missus says I'm 99% Bull :o;)

Guest Cletus VanDamme

Was a bear, moving towards bullish. Currently 'neither bull nor bear'. But not a newbie, been here since Nov 04.

Guest grumpy-old-man

Was a bear, moving towards bullish. Currently 'neither bull nor bear'. But not a newbie, been here since Nov 04.

you must be a troll with that statement CVD.

ps - I hope that's not your real picture, you look like a 1970's eastate agent on the pull :o

I should have made myself clearer. I was trying to get some responses from the rather frustrated newbie neithers who are quite clearly not "neither".

I don't see anything wrong at all with being neither a bull nor bear: but I think it's very strange to go to the trouble of searching "house price crash" on the net, then registering for this site.... and then posting absolute drivel.

I would love to hear a really well thought out bull argument, but most of the uber-bull posts seem to be along the line of "look at my wad you bunch of losers..." This really doesn't add much to the debate :lol:

Grumpy - only 51% bear? Don't worry mate, we'll drag you the rest of the way out of the closet :lol:

Edit: 1970's EA on the pull? CHRIST - they weren't allowed to breed were they?

Edited by Badlad1967

Guest grumpy-old-man

I should have made myself clearer. I was trying to get some responses from the rather frustrated newbie neithers who are quite clearly not "neither".

I don't see anything wrong at all with being neither a bull nor bear: but I think it's very strange to go to the trouble of searching "house price crash" on the net, then registering for this site.... and then posting absolute drivel.

I would love to hear a really well thought out bull argument, but most of the uber-bull posts seem to be along the line of "look at my wad you bunch of losers..." This really doesn't add much to the debate :lol:

Grumpy - only 51% bear? Don't worry mate, we'll drag you the rest of the way out of the closet :lol:

Edit: 1970's EA on the pull? CHRIST - they weren't allowed to breed were they?

when I joined this site there were plenty of these bulls about, they have mostly dissapeared or had a "hpc change" to neither, I wonder why ;) BECAUSE A HHUUUGGGEEE CRASH IS HAPPENING.

yes, I started thinking I was a bear through'n'through, but then after speaking with my 17 yold son, we came to the conclusion that I am a realistic optimist :)

Im a newbie, but unfortunately im bearish, although I do speak a lot of bull most of the time. Dont know if that counts?

One thing that I always wonder - Being bearish, I understand that even though I think the market will drop at some point soon, I don't deny that the market may have a move upwards again before it drops and too be honest I half expect it. Yet many of the Bulls completely refuse to believe that house prices can drop. Surely even for long term bulls a correction in the market would be healthy and still not detract from there bullish trends.

or something like that.

Guest grumpy-old-man

Im a newbie, but unfortunately im bearish, although I do speak a lot of bull most of the time. Dont know if that counts?

One thing that I always wonder - Being bearish, I understand that even though I think the market will drop at some point soon, I don't deny that the market may have a move upwards again before it drops and too be honest I half expect it. Yet many of the Bulls completely refuse to believe that house prices can drop. Surely even for long term bulls a correction in the market would be healthy and still not detract from there bullish trends.

or something like that.

we are always 6 months behind USA (I think, or is it 12 ?), so what does that tell you AA ?

use an analagy to compare the situation we are in now...........

how about, you have just swam 9 miles out of a 10 mile swim across shark infested turbulent waters, would you have a more or less chance of being eaten/drowning for the final mile :rolleyes:

Guest pioneer31

I posted about this in another thread - about 'neitherbullnorbears' coming out with bullish c**p.

Now, they either

i) ARE worried to death about a HPC and are deperately trying to hide it, by rubbishing bear claims

OR

ii) they like stirring it up and annoying people.

If they are (ii), then they should try digital spy. That site has more than it's fair share of mentally challenged/whipper snappers/hermits who will argue all day (and night) with you. Make sure you sit on the PC side of the fence though or else you'll get banned.

Guest pioneer31

The bulls only EVER had one argument.

"The crash hasn't happened yet, so therefore it's not going to"

They probably believe in pyramid schemes, perpetual motion, chain letters, the readers digest prize draw.

They've probably never studied economics OR physics (conservation of energy?), so can't understand why a market can't exponentially increase forever.

Edited by pioneer31

Guest AuntJess

The bulls only EVER had one argument.

"The crash hasn't happened yet, so therefore it's not going to"

They probably believe in pyramid schemes, perpetual motion, chain letters, the readers digest prize draw.

They've probably never studied economics OR physics (conservation of energy?), so can't understand why a market can't exponentially increase forever.

Yes, they probably would have written to Horace Bachelor for his foolproof method of winning the Pools, as well ! :lol: