House Price Crash Forum

Another Shooting .....

backtoparents

HOLA441

I'm not a gun person (though I have in my time fired a variety of weapons both in the UK and abroad - no, not for the Taliban), but I remember at the time being frustrated by the opinion that banning certain firearms was somehow going to make us all safer.

On reflection, I think in the short term it may have helped, but I wonder if it is really going to be sufficient in future, or indeed at the moment. Are penalties stiff enough?

I have no opinion on how this might affect house prices.

btp

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Durch, with all due respect. The web page I mentioned is freely available to anyone on the internet. It is a NEWS item. The fact that a D notice has been issued on certain information relating to the Dunblane massacre IS relevant. How on earth can anyone sue another web site such as HPC that draws attention to that web page is absurd. HPC must be getting paranoid.

Even with Labour trying to control everything is this country we still have some semblance of free speech. This is turning into some sort of Orwellian nightmare when this type of action is taken.

Durch, you are not a member of the Thought Police yet!

HOLA445

Durch, thanks for your reply.

I find it very strange that little or no publicity has been given to the D notice that was issued by the British Government. A D notice that lasts for 100 years. Unprecedented! Lord Cullen, an establishment insider, also omitted and censored references to the documents in his final report. Parents and teachers were advised to concentrate their efforts on a campaign to outlaw handguns instead of focusing on how the mentally unstable Freemason, already known by the police to be a paedophile, had obtained a firearms licence for six handguns.

This whole affair stinks.

HOLA446
Parents and teachers were advised to concentrate their efforts on a campaign to outlaw handguns instead of focusing on how the mentally unstable Freemason, already known by the police to be a paedophile, had obtained a firearms licence for six handguns.

Banning handguns is easy - that's why!

btp

HOLA447

the thing is the people should be allowed guns to protect themselves from the goverment who are allowed to set dangerious dogs on to people and spray chemicals into peoples faces, chemicals that are banned for use in a war.

people having armys keeps the goverment in check and god they need it

HOLA448
HOLA449

I'm sure the moderators won't mind me posting a link to Wikipedia about Thomas Hamilton. Look at the last paragraph about how Hamilton killed himself. It is like something out of Monty Python. Can we as a nation believe anything our authorities tell us as the truth?

"Thomas Hamilton (allegedly) shot himself four times with his revolver, once in his stomach, once in his chest, once in the side of his head and once through his mouth."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Hamilt...blane_murderer)

HOLA4410

We have the right to defend ourselves against agression. It is one of the most basic human rights. The government tries to deny us the tools we need to defend ourselves effectively.

It is obvious that the governments firearms "laws" are simply victim disarmament laws as criminals have unlimited access to guns.

Unless you have complete faith in the police's ability to defend you from muggers, rapists and killers then you should take responsibilty for the defence of those nearest and dearest.

Firearms can easily be constructed from stock metal with a little skill and patience. There are plans for homebuilt firearms freely available on the internet. Alternatively you can purchase 80% receivers which require only the remaining 20% of the machining and drilling to be completed. Gun parts kits are also available on the internet. All without a license.

The component parts for ammunition and the reloading devices needed to assemble them are available in the uk without any license required.

Or you can buy a complete firearm and ammuniton fairly openly on the grey market in places like the Czech Republic.

You should be aware however that being caught in possession of a completed firearm, "gun parts" and assembled ammunition can land you with a fine or in jail. Still if you are in every other way a law abiding citizen the chances of the police detecting your weapons is low.

Better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it IMHO.

Archived