House Price Crash Forum
Tenantfromhell

Hpc? - Don't Hold Your Breath!

I visit here often and chuckle at the pessimistic tripe offered by the amateur 'economists' and housing 'experts'. The latest rubbish to be offered up to sooth the bitterness of the non-home owners is the comparison of the UK housing market with the US and Australian markets. It is with glee that some posters watch the trials and tribulations of other markets and assume that the UK will fall flat on it's face. The truth is that those bitter pessimists are wrong, and I will tell you why.

The UK differs from those other failing markets because of its policy on immigration. Ourselves and Ireland encourage virtually unlimited immigration from former eastern bloc countries as a means of filling an employment need. Hundreds of thousands of migrant workers continue to require accomodation so that they can work in food plants, assembly plants and agiculture. This immigration is increasing exponentially as food production remains strong.

Those BTL'ers who own property close to industry in Ireland, the North and East of England and Wales can be rest assured that their rentals will provide a good income over the next few years because of the new immigrant population. Low cost flats and houses will do very well indeed.

I believe, that in a short time, the novelty of house ownership for young people will diminish as they they realise that their money is better spent on having a life instead of becoming mortgage 'slaves' for most of their lives. As house rental loses it's perceived stigma and the government are forced to introduce strong new legislation to protect a much larger rental sector, we will see a housing model more like that of Germany and Switzerland.

So, those of you rubbing your hands with glee at the prospect of seeing others fail, should buy yourselves good strong gloves because you are going to be rubbing your hands for some time to come!

Finally - If your economical astuteness is that good, how come you missed out on the house buying roller coaster yourselves??

It is with glee that some posters watch the trials and tribulations of other markets and assume that the UK will fall flat on it's face.

<yawn>

Finally - If your economical astuteness is that good, how come you missed out on the house buying roller coaster yourselves??

TFH

are you concentrating? "It's" means "It is". You need to work on your literacy if you want to impress anyone.

Finally, some of us are roller-coasting all over the globe, thanks.

JY

I visit here often and chuckle at the pessimistic tripe offered by the amateur 'economists' and housing 'experts'. The latest rubbish to be offered up to sooth the bitterness of the non-home owners is the comparison of the UK housing market with the US and Australian markets. It is with glee that some posters watch the trials and tribulations of other markets and assume that the UK will fall flat on it's face. The truth is that those bitter pessimists are wrong, and I will tell you why.

The UK differs from those other failing markets because of its policy on immigration. Ourselves and Ireland encourage virtually unlimited immigration from former eastern bloc countries as a means of filling an employment need. Hundreds of thousands of migrant workers continue to require accomodation so that they can work in food plants, assembly plants and agiculture. This immigration is increasing exponentially as food production remains strong.

Those BTL'ers who own property close to industry in Ireland, the North and East of England and Wales can be rest assured that their rentals will provide a good income over the next few years because of the new immigrant population. Low cost flats and houses will do very well indeed.

I believe, that in a short time, the novelty of house ownership for young people will diminish as they they realise that their money is better spent on having a life instead of becoming mortgage 'slaves' for most of their lives. As house rental loses it's perceived stigma and the government are forced to introduce strong new legislation to protect a much larger rental sector, we will see a housing model more like that of Germany and Switzerland.

So, those of you rubbing your hands with glee at the prospect of seeing others fail, should buy yourselves good strong gloves because you are going to be rubbing your hands for some time to come!

Perhaps, if it's not too much trouble, you could tell us all what makes you a professional economist and a housing expert. Don't be too economical with the astuteness.

Surely 'how come you missed out on the house buying roller coaster yourselves??' is an oxymoron? :unsure:

I believe, that in a short time, the novelty of house ownership for young people will diminish as they they realise that their money is better spent on having a life instead of becoming mortgage 'slaves' for most of their lives.

I would agree with that statement

But disagree with that - many people will lose a lot of money in the coming years, or at best, get very poor yield on their investment and subsidise others to live

Because I can make more money tax-free in a few days dealing currencies than your average BTLer will do in the next 10 years

why are the quotes not working? -oh well, who cares anyway

Edited by the end is nigh

Because I can make more money tax-free in a few days dealing currencies than your average BTLer will do in the next 10 years

:lol::lol::lol: Tell me how I become an amateur! Please!!!

Edited by Xurbia

why are the quotes not working? -oh well, who cares anyway

Seeing as most of them are going to be making a huge loss, I could probably do the same bringing back empty Irn Bru bottles to the shop.

Guest Alright Jack

You will discover some of the members on here are in the long process of learning the lesson of humility. Until they learn it, they will continue to suffer it.

There are two ways of looking at values. One is the price of the asset in sterlings, and the other is the price of sterlings in assets.

For instance, the extreme conclusions are,

"House prices keep going up"

"The purchasing power of sterling keeps falling"

I think both are equally good questions even if neither is true in its entirety.

Okay, so if there won't be a HPC, how come you refer to it as a house buying roller coaster.

Where do all rollercoasters end after the big climb???

it's ........abbreviation of ''it is''

its.......... possessive pronoun like his, her, their, our.........so no apostrophe!....

why do only about 2% of the population know this???????

Edited by Michael

If this theory held property in London wouldn't have crashed in the early 90's. I could have seen it crashing in certain parts of the country if this theory held. The main factor to the crash was unemployment, thus people defaulted on their mortgages thus creating a glut of houses on the market. In this atmosphere and uncertainty there were alot more sellers than buyers. Supply and Demand theory. In effect everyone was moving to London from all over the country looking for work, thus like now there were 10 - 15 per 3 bedroom houses. There wasn't a flood of rental properties especially at the lower end.

If nearly full employment held and a feel good economy factor held yes I would agree with you. Also as houses are sold e.g deaths, defaulters, emigrants there has to eb a consistent base of buyers, this is not a problem in a good economy. The future depends on how good the economy is .

Why do you care so much anyway? You sound pretty bitter yourself actually.

I visit here often and chuckle at the pessimistic tripe offered by the amateur 'economists' and housing 'experts'.

Thank God experts like you take time out to set us right!

There are many reasons people missed out. Here is one.

1. They didn't want to buy a property until recently due to having been at school or university.

Edited by Peter Pumpkin

its.......... possessive pronoun like his, her, their, our.........so no apostrophe!....

Its snot a joke. Everyfing is falling on it's face.

I like to sh*t poo' and leave's.

But what really get's me is people using conjunction's to begin sentence's. And theres more. Why cant people spell loose on this site? Its one fing loosing an apostrophe but letting lose with poor spelling is just bad manners.

Guest pioneer31

isn't it funny how forum members who profess to be 'neither bull nor bear', always turn out to be bulls parroting bull****.

isn't it funny how forum members who profess to be 'neither bull nor bear', always turn out to be bulls parroting bull****.

Yes, weird how those who are "impartial" have such one-sided views!

I visit here often and chuckle at the hpc optimistic tripe offered by the uber professional 'economists' and housing 'experts'. The latest rubbish to be offered up to sooth the bitterness of the non-home owners is the comparison of the UK housing market with the US and Australian markets. It is with glee that some posters watch the trials and tribulations of other markets and assume that the UK will fall flat on it's face. The truth is that those bitter hpc optimists are wrong, and I will tell you why.

Boo Hiss, down with the Houseprice Naysayers & Doomongers!

Look at the recent mass protest from lending institutions upon hearing that people are starting to say that prices are to fall:

|

|

V

protestpp7.jpg

I wish I was you.

He He He -

If all you losers can do is pick me up on my English - then go spell 'I lost out because I am without commercial astuteness!'

You moaning, whimpering fools. I read your pompous and self-righteous ramblings about how all of us investors will fail. You are only here because you failed to spot an opportunity and are bitter that you know realise that you are financially inept. I have a great many friends who rent happily because it is their choice. They don't bitch or whinge about us investors because their lives are full of other things.

I bought years ago and will always survive because instead of trying to pull the successful down, I decided to join them.

I feel that the BTL bandwagon is now full and I am now investing in locally manufactured products. I will be employing loads of Lithuanians and Poles who know how to work hard and don't grumble about my riches.

Anyways - bye for now, I'm off to ask a Romanian to polish my Aston Martin!

Its snot a joke. Everyfing is falling on it's face.

I like to sh*t poo' and leave's.

But what really get's me is people using conjunction's to begin sentence's. And theres more. Why cant people spell loose on this site? Its one fing loosing an apostrophe but letting lose with poor spelling is just bad manners.

I try my best to be grammatically correct and to spell correctly incase some over paid knob is reading my post, but from now on I am going to make textual balls ups on purpose!!

Stick to the topic you loosers!