House Price Crash Forum
redwing

Cambridge Autumn Pub Meet

Following our massively successful last meet in May I promised to arrange the next session.

Looking back over the last quarter I'd say there is plenty for us to chew over. I felt the property market in CB was slow - particularly in August - maybe the holidays. I reckon by the end of this month we'll get a better idea of how things are shaping up for the key Autumn selling period.

I'm thinking of a Wednesday or Thursday

27/28 Sept, 4/5* Oct, 11/12 Oct

Location. I liked the Salisbury - plenty of room. But no food available.

Can anyone suggest a better location for the next get-together?

I think being near the station is a good idea for people from outlying areas to get in.

Please add your comments, ideas and availability below.

Cheers

Redwing

* if we picked the 5th we'd have the BoE rate decision that day. (And it's my half birthday).

Redwing

I'm beginning to think you have no interest in house prices and are instead keen to find drinking partners in your local area.

Well done

btp

Well, it works for me!

Good idea. The only of these dates I can do is Thurs 12 Oct. I may be able to take along a couple of non-hpc-er (well they said "why not" last time we discussed it). Kingston Arms sounds good but I'll go along with most venues.

Jayne

27/28 Sept, 4/5* Oct, 11/12 Oct

Location. I liked the Salisbury - plenty of room. But no food available.

Thanks for the mail.

Yes, I'd very much like to attend however my movements in late Sep to mid Oct are fluid. I won't know until then. So please set something up and I'll tell you later if I can come.

cheers

fp

Any news on this?

Hi all. Not much news. I've been pretty busy arranging a house move recently (to rented, in case you were wondering).

There is some news about the Salisbury Arms, which has changed hands recently and now offers food in the early part of the evening. I thought it a good venue - plenty of space.

I'm away during half term, so can't make that date (I hear Munro is unavailable then too).

How about next week??

Wednesday 17 Oct?

or

Thursday 18 Oct?

Or the beginning of November

Wednesday 1 Nov

Thursday 2 Nov

Good luck with the move.

Wednesday 17 Oct?

or

Thursday 18 Oct?

You probably mean Wed 18/10 and Thurs 19/10?

I can do 19/10 and 1/11, 2/11, with a preference for early Nov.

Are Tonester, Financial Planner, Terminatrix and Munro on? Can I take along a couple of HPCers? How about other Cambridge locals: Ianbe, King of Fools, bob_builder, fairygirl, msgin, Shouldbeworking, Zaranna, Camem', Sam?

How about Chilis? You can get food there, its got a bar and only about a 10min walk from the station depending on how fast you walk?

I definitely wouldn't recommend Chilis in Cambridge! Bloody awful service and very expensive bar!

You'd be better off eating at Nandos then pretending you're flash with cash and go to All Bar One which is spitting distance from Nandos (You can also eat at All Bar One, I never have so no idea what it's like).

Btw, I probably won't be coming.

Edited by Bug16

Good luck with the move.

You probably mean Wed 18/10 and Thurs 19/10?

I can do 19/10 and 1/11, 2/11, with a preference for early Nov.

Are Tonester, Financial Planner, Terminatrix and Munro on? Can I take along a couple of HPCers? How about other Cambridge locals: Ianbe, King of Fools, bob_builder, fairygirl, msgin, Shouldbeworking, Zaranna, Camem', Sam?

Hi -- I have really limited access to email at the moment (work stuff) so this is the first time I've popped on HPC for ages. I am working away from Cam a lot of the time, so won't be able to come to the pub meet, sorry :( but have a good time and I hope to make it to the next one!

Z x