House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Don't Surf

Gold - Ouch!

dont panic!

hang on its a white knuckle ride

One things for sure it is gonna be an interesting ride.

If Gold drops below $600 it could hit the 200 dma .. then what.

News is not good for gold. stronger dollar, cheaper oil, less speculative asian demand.

in the absence of a stock market crash, weaker dollar, middle east tension, stronger oil price - do not expect much on the upside for gold short - mid term.

if you're in it for the long term sit tight, do not feel down, stay in your raft and ride the white waters, this ride is gonna be bumpy - but the fundamentals are telling us it will/should rise long term.

Then again it might not, that's the markets for you.

Agree,

Painful times....good thing I am in for the long haul.....2010 house deposit methinks!

Silver is getting a good old spanking too.... I am hoiding 800 ozs of the damn stuff - what a week!!!! Some of the inheritance was ploughed into it...

Shame I don't have extra funds to sink in Gold as this might be a better buy price. Long term we can all see that it is a good long term punt - would rather have had my dosh in Brighthings (?) over the last coupleof days that Ozz mentioned - could have bought a house for cash on the gains!!! :-) Still wouldn't of though out of principle.

The beer is making things look better though!

SH

Edited by Social Houser

Agree,

Whilst it is painful looking at prices now I am in til 2010 or there abouts.........

The drop in price is just missed profits - helps me feel better anyway!

SH

i ve deliberately put funds into physical bullion so i m not tempted not to lose my nerve and click on the SELL button which i could do

2010 here we come

Overall fear of a commodity bubble? Best days are now behind gold as a speculative hedge?

As a dollar bull you would say that.

Better be carefull though. The US$ could crash with the US housing market.

Edited by Sine270

Guest Bart of Darkness
Overall fear of a commodity bubble? Best days are now behind gold as a speculative hedge?

If things pick up with the Iran "situation", gold may rise again.

Personally I'd settle for a quiet life.

in sterling terms it's no big deal.

gold may have fallen $20 this week but offset that against the correction in cable and it's about even.

...as I said,sub $600 is my entry point.I'm using this as a buying opportunity.

in sterling terms it's no big deal.

gold may have fallen $20 this week but offset that against the correction in cable and it's about even.

...as I said,sub $600 is my entry point.I'm using this as a buying opportunity.

I doubt it will drop below $600 during this period of the year. $609 is a good buy opportunity, I'm buying.

agree with oracle

if gold drops 10%

we are protected by the low value of the $

So in fact we lose a shade over 5% in £ value

It works both ways of course.

I don't ubderstand your logic.

Gold at $600 divide by 1.89 (exchange rate) = £317.5

10% drop

Gold at 540 divde by 1.89 (exchange rate) = £285.7

100 - ((285.7/317.5) * 100) = a 10% drop in sterling.

whilst i m finding that link

heres something to cheer you gold bugs up

Wrote in July when gold is about $630 - its optimistic on the grand scheme of things

The gold bullion price has recently fallen from $730oz to $630oz. That decline is, in the scheme of things, quite orderly.

http://www.moneyweek.com/file/13641/the-be...-gold-bull.html

Not much has changed since then i believe - read it and dont SELL up yet.

Have you seen www.goldmoney.com ?

It's saying $382 and it will let me buy it at that amount. A mistake? I wonder if they will honour it?

Edit: Corrected this morning

Edited by Jason

Surely the quickest way to buy physical gold is to go to a broker with cash. Not that I would do this as I might get robbed!

Is there anyway I can do it online using a sterling account? I am trying to avoid using my mother's account who lives in the US. If I do the problem is she will not let me reimburse her!!!!

Edited by Buffer Bear

Is there anyway I can do it online using a sterling account? I am trying to avoid using my mother's account who lives in the US. If I do the problem is she will not let me reimburse her!!!!

If you use goldmoney, fax your CAP documents and you will be verified within a day, then post the originals.

Then you can buy in sterling from your UK bank account, you transfer the money via CHAPS or BACS.

I have done it this way was very quick.

Rememeber goldmoney charge less to look after your gold than bullionvault so in the long term is a better source to purchase from.

when you buy GBS or any gold priced in $

as its priced in $

so a 10% fall in $, translates as a 5.2% fall in £ (1.9 $ to £ or thereabouts)

i ll find a link that explains this better

Errrr Sorry still don't make sense unless the exchange rate changes a 10% drop in $ is also a 10% drop in sterling.

I doubt it will drop below $600 during this period of the year. $609 is a good buy opportunity, I'm buying.

Looks like I was wrong and good job i haven't bought.. yet. waiting for gold to stabalise.

At this rate it will hit the 200 DMA. I will buy based on the MACD and RSI.