House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dog

Tax Abuser Of The Week

Golden trough award

Chief Executive (Designate) of The Education and Skills Authority

NORTHERN IRELAND CIVIL SERVICE

Northern Ireland, £140,000

You will be expected to provide dynamic and innovative leadership for more than 30,000 staff, and will have a strong track record.

Silver trough award

Director of Adult Services - Group Director, Health and Social Care

CALDERDALE METROPOLITAN BOROUGH COUNCIL

Yorkshire & Humberside

£98,000 - £112,000 per annum

Director of Adult Services - Group Director, Health and Social Care required.

'Lets give ourselves new job titles and big pay rises' abuser of the week

Assistant Director, Strategy & Performance, OLDHAM METROPOLITAN BOROUGH COUNCIL, £64,000

Service Director, Housing, OLDHAM METROPOLITAN BOROUGH COUNCIL, c£70,000

Service Director, Community Wellbeing, OLDHAM METROPOLITAN BOROUGH COUNCIL, c£70,000

Service Director, Supporting & Extending Learning, OLDHAM METROPOLITAN BOROUGH COUNCIL, c£70,000

Other tax abusers

Head of Service: School Improvement and Inclusion

WARRINGTON BOROUGH COUNCIL

Cheshire

up to £82k

You have the key responsibility of both driving up our already high standards and ensuring that all of our children have the educational chances they need.

Director of Corporate Services

MERTON BOROUGH COUNCIL

South London

c£110k

With responsibility for six divisions including finance, customer services, HR, IT and legal services this is a broad role. It includes ensuring that effective financial management underpins the Authority's strategies and informs its key choices.

Director of Environment & Regeneration

MERTON BOROUGH COUNCIL

South London

c£110k

You will need to innovate to create change whilst providing the visible leadership that will ensure key priorities, such as the major redevelopment of Mitcham town centre and a four borough landfill partnership are successfully delivered.

Executive Director of Diversity, Culture and Communications

CENTRE FOR EXCELLENCE IN LEADERSHIP, England, up to £70,000 plus benefits

The post holder will ensure that diversity is embedded across all CEL programmes and services and will lead on evaluation and impact measures and evidence.

Head of culture and learning

BUCKINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL

Buckinghamshire

£68,691 - £75,558 p.a.

Our vision for culture and learning in Buckinghamshire is to create an empowering agenda that involves and inspires all sections of our community. An agenda...

DIP Consultant

Morgan Hunt

South West

£1300 - £1800 per week

A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work in a leading DIP team for a national public sector organisation. You will be a part of a small, efficient team, that work closely to deliver the existing programme to the highest standard.

ah yes, millions of pounds spend on diversity officers. Great value.

If the centre for excellence in leadership was really about excellent leaders they'd succeed without having to be mollycoddled and hunted out by some £80k/year welfare officer.

ah yes, millions of pounds spend on diversity officers. Great value.

If the centre for excellence in leadership was really about excellent leaders they'd succeed without having to be mollycoddled and hunted out by some £80k/year welfare officer.

"Excellent" - this year's public sector work 'du jour', as in excellent services, excellence in delivery, excellence online.

Trans. We're cr@p, but if we keep pushing the excellent angle, no-one will notice I'll be the one to decide if you can do your job thank you!

Last year all those council 'officers' were "championing" things. Prior to that "plus" was the buzz word [as in Jobcentre "Plus"].

Going back further, that old favourite, which has now passed into common parlance, "celebrating", as in "I'm celebrating your diversity"

Edited by jp1

Blair says jump, we say how high?

The problem with constantly measuring performance (and changing the rules at least once a year) is that encourages local government to work towards delivering on the performance targets and forgetting everything else. I work in a bit that is quite effiecient (this is a relevant term I guess) and we get by without diversity officers and the ilk but I know from meeting these people that often it was a post that started out as a Finance Officer or Senior Admin post and just the name was changed to meet the expectations of central government.

Labours public sector splurge all adds to GDP whether they be Lesbian Co-Ordinators or Assylum Welfare Officers.And most of these pay 40% tax,more money for more co-Ordinators MORE GDP!!!!!!!!

God the Economy is a F***ing Miracle.

Blair says jump, we say how high?

The problem with constantly measuring performance (and changing the rules at least once a year) is that encourages local government to work towards delivering on the performance targets and forgetting everything else. I work in a bit that is quite effiecient (this is a relevant term I guess) and we get by without diversity officers and the ilk but I know from meeting these people that often it was a post that started out as a Finance Officer or Senior Admin post and just the name was changed to meet the expectations of central government.

When local councils change their names, I suspect it is mainly for ramping salaries. The Isle of Wight Council recently advertised for 8 jobs over £100K. I somehow doubt these were new appointments.

For once Dog, I am not disagreeing with you. It is sometimes surreal working in LG.

For once Dog, I am not disagreeing with you. It is sometimes surreal working in LG.

It must be very frustrating for the hard working and honest public servants (like being a bee in a colony of flies).

Head of culture and learning
BUCKINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
Buckinghamshire
£68,691 - £75,558 p.a.
Our vision for culture and learning in Buckinghamshire is to create an empowering agenda that involves and inspires all sections of our community. An agenda...

75k . :lol::lol::lol:

If the OAPs knew that their inflation busting council tax hikes were going on this nonsense they would all go to prison as a mass protest. This really is apalling and yet another product of a Miracle Economy that we are all going to pay for in the decades ahead.