House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Badger

Curry House Getting Tight

My local curry house, the Shanaz in Lewes has not only dumped it's full colour glossy take away menus in favour of a cheap black & white DIY job, but are no longer giving away a free bottle of wine with orders over £20! Does this mean my 'chicken' dhansak will be more akin to roadkill than tikka in future, or that I can expect to buy a house for a sensible price anytime soon??

My local curry house, the Shanaz in Lewes has not only dumped it's full colour glossy take away menus in favour of a cheap black & white DIY job, but are no longer giving away a free bottle of wine with orders over £20! Does this mean my 'chicken' dhansak will be more akin to roadkill than tikka in future, or that I can expect to buy a house for a sensible price anytime soon??

You gotta tikka the rough with the smooth, nan!

In that case why not pop down to a selected branch of Tesco and enjoy a Halal chocolate bar.

It just gets better doesn't it.

This is it! This is the trigger. :lol:

business must be good if they're no longer offering inducements or offers.

expect house prices to keep rising.

I was a looking at a place to buy last night. Went in the bathroom, but no toilet there. "Hang on," I said to the EA, "I can't vindaloo".

Sorry that was terrible. I'm going for a lay-down on the satay. I mean sittee.

Don't tikka the piss, I was just chicken out what you thought, but naan thinks its a valid observation. I do think cost cutting like this points to a wider tightening of belts though.

What's wrong with roadkill? Perhaps I can recommend the 'Badger' suasages :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/4660060.stm

"Roadkill fan penning recipe book

Arthur Boyt has been cooking roadkill for 30 years

A man from north Cornwall who regularly eats animals killed on the roads is set to share his unusual taste with others."

Yes, the missus is quite partial to my Badger sausage too :D

:D

Must put that book on the reading list in preparation for the coming depression / apocalypse. A good Xmas pressie for the super frugal, but perhaps not in the future when there will be less road kill as we'll all be riding cycles & horse carts :unsure:

In that case why not pop down to a selected branch of Tesco and enjoy a Halal chocolate bar.

It just gets better doesn't it.

Hey whistleblower, weren't you going to blow the whistle on an Estate Agents?

You should speak to the manager next time you fancy a curry and see what deal he can offer you.

If he has nothing to offer I'll send you some fab curry recipes. :)

Too many posters here are trying to curry some favour ,with whom I am not sure.

This threads cummin along nicely dahlings, we're having a raita laugh, I'm off now to biriany some money from the bank so I'll pakora my bags and make a balti for the exit. :blink: