House Price Crash Forum
labinot

Turkey Online Travel Forum

Hi everybody

Here is the new online travel forum. Travel and vacation advice on Dalaman, Fethiye, Marmaris, Gocek, Sarigerme, Dalyan and surrounding areas. Post a travel question and get unbiased, timely answers and insights from real travelers and locals.

Dalaman Travel Forum

Edited by labinot

Hi everybody

Here is the new online travel forum. Travel and vacation advice on Dalaman, Fethiye, Marmaris, Gocek, Sarigerme, Dalyan and surrounding areas. Post a travel question and get unbiased, timely answers and insights from real travelers and locals.

Dalaman Travel Forum

Which ones have least chance of being bombed by Kurdish terrorists?

Or planes flying through Manhattan and crashing into buildings,or releasing poisonous gas in the tube network of Tokyo,or London,or Madrid,or Bali or or or?

Terrorism is a global problem, and i feel a lot safer living in Turkey than i would in the UK at present.

Just my opinion

Ado

I know you're not very bright, but even you wouldnt seriously think there is a significant risk of being blown up by a bomb in Turkey. Next you'll be saying you're still frightened to take the tube in London.

As Ado says, Turkey feels like a safer place to live than the UK. I think its something to do with the strong family values and lack of drunks and druggies. People there have respect for each other.

I know you're not very bright, but even you wouldnt seriously think there is a significant risk of being blown up by a bomb in Turkey. Next you'll be saying you're still frightened to take the tube in London.

As Ado says, Turkey feels like a safer place to live than the UK. I think its something to do with the strong family values and lack of drunks and druggies. People there have respect for each other.

Not too bright yourself - And you clearly know nothing about some of the traditional Turkish family values in Eastern Turkey.

And, no, there's no danger at all on the tube. After all, I'm sure you're in the know about these things.

Summary

We advise you to exercise a high degree of caution in Turkey because of the high threat of terrorist attack. We continue to receive reports that terrorists are planning attacks against a range of targets, including places frequented by foreigners.

Domestic terrorist groups (some with links to international terrorists) have carried out attacks in Turkey. Recent credible reports indicate that terrorists could be planning to increase the level of attacks across Turkey in the period surrounding the 15 August anniversary of the commencement of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party’s (PKK) armed campaign. These attacks could occur at any time. There has been one violent demonstration, in Istanbul on 13 August, to mark the anniversary.

On 28 August 2006 a bomb in the shopping area of Antalya, killed three people and injured dozens, including European tourists. The blast followed four bombs in the resort city of Marmaris and in the Bagcilar area of Istanbul that wounded 28 people, including 10 British tourists. A percussion bomb exploded opposite the east entrance of the Blue (Sultanahmet) Mosque in Istanbul on 15 August 2006. An explosion on 14 August 2006 near the Hagia Sofia also in Sultanahmet injured three. On 12 August 2006 a bomb exploded outside an internet café in Istanbul injuring six people. On 4 August 2005 two explosions in the Mediterranean city of Adana injured 17 people.

The domestic terrorist group largely responsible for these attacks has recently called on foreign tourists to avoid Turkey or face unspecified consequences and threatened to stage further attacks against Turkey's tourism sector, targeting local and foreign tourist companies, hotels, travel and tourism agencies and all firms and companies in the tourism sector. Tourists and tourist interests have been targeted in the past and further attacks in areas popular with tourists, including Antalya, Adana, Izmir and Istanbul, are expected.

We advise you to reconsider your need to travel to provinces in the southeast of Turkey, including those in the border region between Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran, due to the unpredictable security situation. Since late March 2006 there have been a number of violent demonstrations in some south-eastern Turkish cities, resulting in a number of deaths and many injuries. If you do decide to travel to these areas, you should exercise extreme caution.

Edited by Casual Observer

Not too bright yourself - And you clearly know nothing about some of the traditional Turkish family values in Eastern Turkey.

And, no, there's no danger at all on the tube. After all, I'm sure you're in the know about these things.

Summary

We advise you to exercise a high degree of caution in Turkey because of the high threat of terrorist attack. We continue to receive reports that terrorists are planning attacks against a range of targets, including places frequented by foreigners.

Domestic terrorist groups (some with links to international terrorists) have carried out attacks in Turkey. Recent credible reports indicate that terrorists could be planning to increase the level of attacks across Turkey in the period surrounding the 15 August anniversary of the commencement of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party’s (PKK) armed campaign. These attacks could occur at any time. There has been one violent demonstration, in Istanbul on 13 August, to mark the anniversary.

On 28 August 2006 a bomb in the shopping area of Antalya, killed three people and injured dozens, including European tourists. The blast followed four bombs in the resort city of Marmaris and in the Bagcilar area of Istanbul that wounded 28 people, including 10 British tourists. A percussion bomb exploded opposite the east entrance of the Blue (Sultanahmet) Mosque in Istanbul on 15 August 2006. An explosion on 14 August 2006 near the Hagia Sofia also in Sultanahmet injured three. On 12 August 2006 a bomb exploded outside an internet café in Istanbul injuring six people. On 4 August 2005 two explosions in the Mediterranean city of Adana injured 17 people.

The domestic terrorist group largely responsible for these attacks has recently called on foreign tourists to avoid Turkey or face unspecified consequences and threatened to stage further attacks against Turkey's tourism sector, targeting local and foreign tourist companies, hotels, travel and tourism agencies and all firms and companies in the tourism sector. Tourists and tourist interests have been targeted in the past and further attacks in areas popular with tourists, including Antalya, Adana, Izmir and Istanbul, are expected.

We advise you to reconsider your need to travel to provinces in the southeast of Turkey, including those in the border region between Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran, due to the unpredictable security situation. Since late March 2006 there have been a number of violent demonstrations in some south-eastern Turkish cities, resulting in a number of deaths and many injuries. If you do decide to travel to these areas, you should exercise extreme caution.

I am sorry but you are so PREJUDICED

I am sorry but you are so PREJUDICED

Property inTurkey is so over the top expensive nowadays. Turkish vendors should be ashamed of themselves for asking so ridicoulous prices for

crammed apartment buildings at kilometeres away from the beach.

[i don't believe there is any need for rudeness about this issue...this is about attitude to risk...& in this, everyone is different & must make their own (informed) decisions.

We have had a place in SW Turkey for 5 years & have always met with great kindness & hospitality.

We were in Istanbul earlier this year (despite bird flu scares) when PKK bomb exploded & yes we did continue our holiday, just as we went out shortly after the attack on Marmaris later. I don't consider myself a massive risk taker but I am not going to cower in a corner either....otherwise what kind of life would that be?

Yes there is a deal of concern in SE Turkey & I would not choose to holiday there at the moment, but the main holiday area is 100s of miles away from there on the western coast.

Property inTurkey is so over the top expensive nowadays. Turkish vendors should be ashamed of themselves for asking so ridicoulous prices for

crammed apartment buildings at kilometeres away from the beach.

Is there anywhere that you do like at the moment catara...cos I've seen you scomplain about prices on other property string ...is there no area that you can see value for money at the moment?

Is there anywhere that you do like at the moment catara...cos I've seen you scomplain about prices on other property string ...is there no area that you can see value for money at the moment?

Honestly? NO.

Spanish overpriced properties have dragged all the markets after them. Everything is 50% overpriced nowadays.

But the big problem is that places like BUlgaria and Turkey will fall harder because Spain will always have appeal whereas Turkey is an insecure country and BUlgaria is a place from where 50% of the native population wants to leave.

[i don't believe there is any need for rudeness about this issue...this is about attitude to risk...& in this, everyone is different & must make their own (informed) decisions.

We have had a place in SW Turkey for 5 years & have always met with great kindness & hospitality.

We were in Istanbul earlier this year (despite bird flu scares) when PKK bomb exploded & yes we did continue our holiday, just as we went out shortly after the attack on Marmaris later. I don't consider myself a massive risk taker but I am not going to cower in a corner either....otherwise what kind of life would that be?

Yes there is a deal of concern in SE Turkey & I would not choose to holiday there at the moment, but the main holiday area is 100s of miles away from there on the western coast.

BY the way, I think Turkey is going to kiss EU goodbye as the French decided to condamn Armenian genocide.

Turkey will probably protest hard.

People who bought houses in Turkey thinking that Turkey was going to join EU soon are going to be severly burned!

This happens when one falls prey to the real estate sharks.

BY the way, I think Turkey is going to kiss EU goodbye as the French decided to condamn Armenian genocide.

Turkey will probably protest hard.

People who bought houses in Turkey thinking that Turkey was going to join EU soon are going to be severly burned!

This happens when one falls prey to the real estate sharks.

well we didn't buy because we thought they would get in the EU, we bought because we liked the place, the people, the music & the food...and our estate agent was actually very nice & is now a very good friend.

well we didn't buy because we thought they would get in the EU, we bought because we liked the place, the people, the music & the food...and our estate agent was actually very nice & is now a very good friend.

Good for you. I also love Turkey.

BUt many people were dragged there by false promises.

[Maybe old catarrh is jealous because we managed to buy properties for £30,000 that would cost 400,000 in the Uk.

Terrible mistake that lol.

Sticking a £150,000 in the turkish lira account and lliving like a king on the interest.

Eating and drinking for a ittance on the beach 40 metres from my home.

Yes cattarh we and other s really cocked up didnt we.

Some greta bargain s to be had when you know the place well.

Places like Altinkum ,Didim etc are well over demand but other places around the Kusadasi area are fantastic.