House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Waiting Patiently

Michael Winner Talks About House Prices

He's an "unusual" character but he comes out with some straight talk about the property market in a question and answer session in today's Daily Mail, though he may have got the exact year mixed up (not online yet):

WHAT WAS YOUR BEST FINANCIAL MOVE?

Selling all my real estate before the 1986 property crash. There's a mistaken belief that property is a magical investment. But every so often the market crashes. It normally takes five to six years to recover.

I had a large portfolio of 200 properties ranging from Shepherd's Bush Shopping Market to commercial and domestic property. They had been bought by my father. I ran them for 15 years after he died.

I sold them all, apart from my Holland Park house, and I'm delighted I did.

He's an "unusual" character but he comes out with some straight talk about the property market in a question and answer session in today's Daily Mail, though he may have got the exact year mixed up (not online yet):

Good grief. This is plunging depths previously unchartered on HPC. Michael Winner - in the Daily Mail - talking about how well he timed the property crash of, er, 1986. It's time to take to the hills. :o

Winner is not someone I'd especially like to dinner with (unless it was in some posh Norf London place and the Times was paying), but he does seem to be one of life's survivors, a rogue, a cunning chancer.

Think about it - he has precious little talent, except for winding people up. He must also know when to cut his losses and run, otherwise he'd never got this far.

I think he's actually quite popular with the sort if ****s that read the Daily Mail, and also made some films that proved to be very popular with those members of society with a negative IQ. Put that together with a big inheritance and Bob's your uncle, and Michael Winner's your complete **n*.

He must also know when to cut his losses and run, otherwise he'd never got this far.

.............err perhaps he got "this far" as a result of his dad leaving him 200 properties! inherited wealth and all that....doh !

Winner is not someone I'd especially like to dinner with (unless it was in some posh Norf London place and the Times was paying), but he does seem to be one of life's survivors, a rogue, a cunning chancer.

Think about it - he has precious little talent, except for winding people up. He must also know when to cut his losses and run, otherwise he'd never got this far.

I like what Bernard Manning called him when he met Winner for the 1st time - ' the most hated jew in Western Europe'.

Edited by murpaul

Got chatting to a restaurantuer in a bar last night.

After a few drinks, the conversation got funny. I asked about 'chefs special sauce'.

He told me that 'in the trade', it's known as

WINNER SAUCE

I almost fell off my chair laughing. The ugly fat **** has spent the last 15 years yumming up unspeakables donated by every kitchen porter from here to Provence.

Got chatting to a restaurantuer in a bar last night.

After a few drinks, the conversation got funny. I asked about 'chefs special sauce'.

WINNER SAUCE

I almost fell off my chair laughing. The ugly fat **** has spent the last 15 years yumming up unspeakables donated by every kitchen porter from here to Provence.

Good to see that Winner is being put in the right pigeon box, i.e. world's biggest ****. I thought the entire planet was going insane for a few moments.

Good to see that Winner is being put in the right pigeon box, i.e. world's biggest ****. I thought the entire planet was going insane for a few moments.

It's funny how neitherbullnorbear and Cuckoo form a "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" type double act whenever someone questions the sustainability of the economy/house price bubble.

This morning it was poor old Jeff Randall on the end of their highly personal, school-playground style abuse on this thread: jeff randall and now it's daft old Michael Winner who's copping for some pretty crude insults just for saying that house prices crash every so often. I notice they also like to team up to have a go at RealistBear increasingly regularly for his prolific posting of some of the increasingly bearish news coming out at the moment.

What's up nbnb and Cuckoo, you seem to be getting a bit "tired and emotional" ?

Are things not going your way any more ?

Never mind, even Winner says that after a crash the market eventually recovers after 5 or 6 years. Well, that's when it *started* to recover after the 89 crash.

He must also know when to cut his losses and run, otherwise he'd never got this far.

.............err perhaps he got "this far" as a result of his dad leaving him 200 properties! inherited wealth and all that....doh !

But we don't know how much more additional lolly he made from selling up then and buying other assets, do we? The point isn't what he started off with, it's his character and his ability to see when the music's about to end.

QUOTE(me)

You are right.

There are a few people who create lots of sock-puppet characters and then use them to insult people. It puts nice ordinary people off posting, which is the idea. In effect, it is bullying.

The loss of this forum, although sad, won't stop the crash - it will just mean a few more innocent FTBs/BTL newbies buy at the top, and a few more VIs get to unwind their postions - which is what they want to achieve.

(Note: Some of the seemingly OK people are also sock-puppet "sleepers", waiting to turn nasty, or fake an anecdote at a critical moment. It's a mess really. There are ways to spot them - the easiest way is that they are occasionally really cruel - way beyond how normal people might behave.)

I think you may have hit the nail right on the head there, Durch

It's funny how neitherbullnorbear and Cuckoo form a "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" type double act whenever someone questions the sustainability of the economy/house price bubble.

This morning it was poor old Jeff Randall on the end of their highly personal, school-playground style abuse on this thread: jeff randall and now it's daft old Michael Winner who's copping for some pretty crude insults just for saying that house prices crash every so often. I notice they also like to team up to have a go at RealistBear increasingly regularly for his prolific posting of some of the increasingly bearish news coming out at the moment.

What's up nbnb and Cuckoo, you seem to be getting a bit "tired and emotional" ?

Are things not going your way any more ?

Never mind, even Winner says that after a crash the market eventually recovers after 5 or 6 years. Well, that's when it *started* to recover after the 89 crash.

Who knows, maybe they are one and the same..? The bulls are certainly starting to sound a little desperate ;)

Who knows, maybe they are one and the same..? The bulls are certainly starting to sound a little desperate ;)

I'm not a bull (there's a subtle clue in the name which you, understandably, seem to have missed.) Unless of course, a bull is someone who is sskepticle of the notion that a house price crash, and indeed armageddon, are 100% guaranteed to happen by next Tuesday lunch time at the latest. :ph34r:

I'm not a bull (there's a subtle clue in the name which you, understandably, seem to have missed.) Unless of course, a bull is someone who is sskepticle of the notion that a house price crash, and indeed armageddon, are 100% guaranteed to happen by next Tuesday lunch time at the latest. :ph34r:

I have to say that, in general, people with "Neither" in their profile, write bull.

I have to say that, in general, people with "Neither" in their profile, write bull.

As oppossed to the sensible discussions about whether Adam and Eve existed, why civilization is about to come to and end, and the economic musings of Michale Winner in the Daily Fail that we have on here, you mean. :ph34r:

As oppossed to the sensible discussions about whether Adam and Eve existed, why civilization is about to come to and end, and the economic musings of Michale Winner in the Daily Fail that we have on here, you mean. :ph34r:

Sorry, that should have been bull..ishly

P.S. Your long unbroken location is very irritating.

Edited by redalert

Guest Shedfish

WINNER SAUCE

Winner is not someone I'd especially like to dinner with...

nor me. from the bottom of my heart :D

While there is undoubtedly a house price correction underway, I object to the notion that Winner can be insulted.

He's an abomination against man and God.

true but the laydeez love him.

who was that 15 year old bint from grange hill he was shagging???