House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
purplemonkey

An Idea For A Graph, Can Anyone Help?

I remember reading or hearing recently that there are 750,000 registered homes for sale in the UK at the moment, and 1.5mil registered buyers. Thats interesting because it means there are 2 people ready to look and maybe buy everyhouse thats on the market. I can't remeber where I heard that news, but it would be awsome to keep tabs on that data and see which way that ratio is going month by month.

Anyone know if they can get there hands on that data?

I remember reading or hearing recently that there are 750,000 registered homes for sale in the UK at the moment, and 1.5mil registered buyers. Thats interesting because it means there are 2 people ready to look and maybe buy everyhouse thats on the market. I can't remeber where I heard that news, but it would be awsome to keep tabs on that data and see which way that ratio is going month by month.

Anyone know if they can get there hands on that data?

Some of these buyers will also be sellers, and some sellers will also be buyers. And some won't be. (Apologies for making this more complicated)

If you were refer to EA spin, they say there are lots of buyers for each property. But most buyers register with more than one EA. I don't think you will be able to get any worthwhile information.

You could however look at the likes of Hometrack, viewings to sale ratio.

I wonder where the information came from that I had, probably simply made up by a journalist. The one interesting thing that was said in the same artical was that most people upgrading thier houses now tend to look and choose a house before putting there own home on the market. So this makes the figures stack in bias of more buyers then houses because most of the buyers have houses to sell but aren't advertising them.

But yeah any data in this would be subject to a lot of spin quite easily.