House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

This Seems To Be Shaping Up Into Another Bear Week

Service sector set to lose 15,500 jobs in the next couple of years, service sector contracting for 4th month, OECD suggesting BoE do not forget to remain vigilante, BBC reporting car related inflation up 7.2%, BoJ in a hiking mood again, US economy headed toward recession, input prices still rising .............................

:)

Best Bear news so far this week IMO:

http://www.dti.gov.uk/files/file32496.pdf

It's always a bear week just before the MPC meeting. Then after the meeting the papers realise we were actually at war with Eastasia all along, and the bull stories come out for the next three weeks.

It's always a bear week just before the MPC meeting. Then after the meeting the papers realise we were actually at war with Eastasia all along, and the bull stories come out for the next three weeks.

Not far off the truth. Should get an interim HPI report from one of the VIs out soon to say houses are going down again. :D

CBI usually have some doom and gloom the day before.

there's a chap on Bloomberg saying it's a Turtle Market :)

Shedfish, is a Turtle market one in which prices rise slowly and steadily, i.e. stagnate in real terms? I've tried Googling it but can't find a definition.

I think it's this kind of market:

gbr0013.jpg

Guest Shedfish

Shedfish, is a Turtle market one in which prices rise slowly and steadily, i.e. stagnate in real terms? I've tried Googling it but can't find a definition.

I think it's this kind of market:

gbr0013.jpg

:lol:

i think the chap coined the phrase on the spot, hoping for his place in economic history - if the vid pops up on Bloomberg later i'll post it

ostrich market is much better :)

Guest Shedfish

I got a turtle of my own l could show you that better reflects the VI claptrap.

a kind of 'turtle neck sweater'

OECD suggesting BoE do not forget to remain vigilante

Just wanted to say the image of middle-aged bankers turning vigilante has really tickled me :lol:

I can just imagine Mervyn putting on a Rambo bandana and shouting, 'DAMN I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS BS. RIGHT YOU MOFOS WE GONNA CLEAN UP THIS SLEAZY DAMN POS COUNTRY - INTEREST RATES UP TO 20%!!!'

Just wanted to say the image of middle-aged bankers turning vigilante has really tickled me :lol:

I can just imagine Mervyn putting on a Rambo bandana and shouting, 'DAMN I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS BS. RIGHT YOU MOFOS WE GONNA CLEAN UP THIS SLEAZY DAMN POS COUNTRY - INTEREST RATES UP TO 20%!!!'

in your wet dreams.

there will be another half percent rise in November (if there's to be another this year) and then nothing til next March.

mid 2007 everyone on here will still be clutching at straws and saying..........."will this be the week we look back and say great crash 2 began?".

Guest pioneer31

in your wet dreams.

there will be another half percent rise in November (if there's to be another this year) and then nothing til next March.

mid 2007 everyone on here will still be clutching at straws and saying..........."will this be the week we look back and say great crash 2 began?".

How come you aren't on the MPC committee. You seem to know exactly how the economic future pans out

in your wet dreams.

Another half per cent?

I reckon another quarter per cent this year (althoiugh I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't), and then stable for a long period. Who knows after that, but if I had to gamble I would bet that rates would come down again in 2008.

Another half per cent?

I reckon another quarter per cent this year (althoiugh I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't), and then stable for a long period. Who knows after that, but if I had to gamble I would bet that rates would come down again in 2008.

I think today's news on input price inflation, and the fact that this is being passed down the food chain, pretty much guarantee a 0.25% hike in November. Outllook for first half next year pretty uncertain IMO. Crash or some sort of significant downturn still unlikley, but more likely than it was a year ago.