House Price Crash Forum

Is There A Cheap Place In Wales That Has Potential?

dogbox

HOLA441

Ive been searching for another foreign property investment and had almost completed a deal in Estonia but it fell through so Im back to square one.

Before I continue in Estonia (or Slovenia for example) I wondered whether good old Wales had any prospects?

Perhaps a town left - out of the recent boom but which is about to experience change due to infrastructure / business investment?

Any ideas?

HOLA442

IMHO slovakia is a good place to buy, they are getting the euro soon and already a member of europe..... very cheap cottage in the mountains near a ski resort? but i might be biased....

Gf is slovakian she has saved 20k over the past year and half working in the uk, and she is buying a nice three bedroom flat in the captial for 30k.

Edited by moosetea

HOLA443

Ive been searching for another foreign property investment and had almost completed a deal in Estonia but it fell through so Im back to square one.

Before I continue in Estonia (or Slovenia for example) I wondered whether good old Wales had any prospects?

Perhaps a town left - out of the recent boom but which is about to experience change due to infrastructure / business investment?

Any ideas?

The Welsh "Riviera" (Port Talbot region) will be cheap this time next year as the sheeple realise the tourists still prefer the South of France or a decent bit of sunshine. With the electronics industry collapsing in wales some bargains will be available soon. Not too sure if the unemployed will be able to afford much rent though.

I would wait and follow the old maxim: buy low selll high. Time to buy is at the bottom of the cycle not near the top--IMO that is.

I would try India or Sri Lanka as industry and jobs are moving Eastward not westward.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Ive been searching for another foreign property .....I wondered whether good old Wales had any prospects?

Perhaps a town left - out of the recent boom ....

Any ideas?

I know of just such a place in the Scotish Highlands. It's a bit hard to find on a map, but it's called Brigadoon.

HOLA446

Any ideas?

I kind of think in some ways that the last things wales needs at the moment is more people from outside buying in- its starting to head again down the route of local communities being destroyed by people from outside buying up property and renting them out/ and or the old holiday home saga- its not good and wales will end up going down the even further down the road that devon and cornwall have gone down, that is no-one born and bred in the area can afford even a garage as property has all been bought up by outside investors. These issues are probably of no concern to a property developer though!! Just my rant.. ;)

HOLA447
HOLA448

Any ideas?

Can I recomend Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

HOLA449

Can I recomend Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

Are you sure that is spelt correctly - recommend has two ms. :D

You could look at Wrexham for investment potential - 900 flats on the way apparently.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=7413

They will build them - they will sell them - and somebody will make money on them, Wrexham investment property isn't an oxymoron - not yet anyway.

HOLA4410

Any ideas?

You should get in touch with Kirsty and Phil, I'm sure they could help you. Just tell them you want a town where property prices are likely to go up 500%+ in the next hour and preferably where the streets are quite literally paved with gold. Shouldn't be too much of a stretch for K and P.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

The Welsh "Riviera" (Port Talbot region) will be cheap this time next year as the sheeple realise the tourists still prefer the South of France or a decent bit of sunshine. With the electronics industry collapsing in wales some bargains will be available soon. Not too sure if the unemployed will be able to afford much rent though.

I would wait and follow the old maxim: buy low selll high. Time to buy is at the bottom of the cycle not near the top--IMO that is.

I would try India or Sri Lanka as industry and jobs are moving Eastward not westward.

Oh Great One! Please enlighten us mortals/morons/sheeple as to where the bottom of the cycle is!!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Thanx for the recommendations :rolleyes:

Ive seen a 3 bed flat in Harlech (an English stronghold since the castle went up) for £77000. Renting to a tenant for £4369 pa. Maintenance is high at £465 pa.

Its just behind the dunes on Harlech beach. Looks like lego land.

Leveredge is attractive in that I only need to part with £11550 deposit plus c £3000 total purchase costs.

Edited by dogbox

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Thanx for the recommendations :rolleyes:

Ive seen a 3 bed flat in Harlech (an English stronghold since the castle went up) for £77000. Renting to a tenant for £4369 pa. Maintenance is high at £465 pa.

Its just behind the dunes on Harlech beach. Looks like lego land.

Leveredge is attractive in that I only need to part with £11550 deposit plus c £3000 total purchase costs.

How long is the remaining lease?

A mate of mine reckons he may have a look at Poland having had a chat with a Polish Chemist he met whilst having his car serviced

- (Apparently this guy is employed by Boots who had a recruitment drive in Poland due to a shortage of home-grown Chemists!)

HOLA4418

WHy don't you just go and get proper jobs you no-mark speculators - human bacteria the lot of you.......

God, first you enslave half the world politically, and now you're busy enslaving the world again through property speculation. Jasus! What a bunch of p*** artists!

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA4419

WHy don't you just go and get proper jobs you no-mark speculators - human bacteria the lot of you.......

God, first you enslave half the world politically, and now you're busy enslaving the world again through property speculation. Jasus! What a bunch of p*** artists!

Oh well - You seem to be jumping to wild assumptions

Looks like you summed yourself up adequately in just those last couple of words!

HOLA4420

Hmmm, real jobs;