House Price Crash Forum

Ni House Prices Show Sharp Rise

pod

HOLA441
HOLA442

Has Northern Ireland been attracting a lot of inward investment recently?

Are companies from the Republic of Ireland clinching important deals with counterparts in the north?

Are high-tech electronic, biochemical and nano-technology plants in planning or under construction.

If yes, then I can understand the rise in prices.

If no, then this really is irrational exuberance at its most absurd.

Edited by Caledonian-Emigre

HOLA443

Are companies from the Republic of Ireland clinching important deals with counterparts in the north?

Are high-tech electronic, biochemical and nano-technology plants in planning or under construction.

If yes, then I can understand the rise in prices.

If no, then this really is irrational exuberance at its most absurd.

The simple answer is no

HOLA444
HOLA445

I actually thought that article was an old one, because the same headline of increases of £600 a week was used in last quarters report. I guess its still steaming on then.

Responses from a local...

i) No

ii) No

iii) No

I dont know whats causing it here, but it's going absolutely crazy. I honestly see no end, I just see 'Sold' sign after 'Sold' sign.

Luckily Im still in a position where I can stay at home with my folks, although a time will come within next year or so that I'll want my own space (well, I want it now, but problem of £££). I live in an area with a 'modest' average of 148k, so by time i move out in 2yrs at the current rate it'll be a 'modest' £210k average. Nice.

I also posted on the forum a few weeks ago about how my brother was telling me about 2 houses in his development, same style as his, went for 190k, which is nearly 50k more than he paid for his 8months ago.

Edited by FocusBoy

HOLA446

I actually thought that article was an old one, because the same headline of increases of £600 a week was used in last quarters report. I guess its still steaming on then.

Responses from a local...

i) No

ii) No

iii) No

I dont know whats causing it here, but it's going absolutely crazy. I honestly see no end, I just see 'Sold' sign after 'Sold' sign.

Luckily Im still in a position where I can stay at home with my folks, although a time will come within next year or so that I'll want my own space (well, I want it now, but problem of £££). I live in an area with a 'modest' average of 148k, so by time i move out in 2yrs at the current rate it'll be a 'modest' £210k average. Nice.

I also posted on the forum a few weeks ago about how my brother was telling me about 2 houses in his development, same style as his, went for 190k, which is nearly 50k more than he paid for his 8months ago.

You never know, things may be totally different in two years time once this madness ends - and end it must :)