House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dog

Spin Is Replaced By Mockery

What a load of shi**

People are delaying families because housing takes up two wages now and there is no (or little) wage growth!

What a tosser!

"Many people have suggested that the first-time buyer has been in decline due to the price of property, which must be true to some extent; however, it is not the only reason. The twentysomethings are getting married and starting families later in life out of choice, not obligation. This trend has been developing over recent generations and is evident from a CML Housing Survey which shows that the declining trend for early home ownership for the under 25s began in the 1980s, not recently as some suggest."

Anger level rising :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Guest pioneer31

"Nigel Terrington is chief executive of the Paragon group of companies. Paragon, listed on the London Stock Exchange, is the UK's third-largest buy-to-let lender"

Enough said

At the foot of the article, you just have to see the word "Paragon" and you know that the article is just another VI lie-a-thon. :angry:

Yep...

The buy-to-let sector looks set to continue its upward march.

ยท Nigel Terrington is chief executive of the Paragon group of companies. Paragon, listed on the London Stock Exchange, is the UK's third-largest buy-to-let

Just ignore the article - more mainstream manipulation of the market...

Edited by dnd

This goes beyond spin. Nigel Terrington seems to be blowing a huge rasberry at people on low wages or those who cannot afford to buy a home.

Observer

OK this is VI crap, but what I find worse is that it is so badly written! If you're going to spin, do it with style! Many 12 year olds could do better than this!

I agree with these comments. I have little respect for the Guardian but I would have thought that they would have slightly more journalistic integrity.

OK this is VI crap, but what I find worse is that it is so badly written! If you're going to spin, do it with style! Many 12 year olds could do better than this!

not trying to be funny here, but Ol' Nige didn't go into estate agency because he was intelligent.

I agree with these comments. I have little respect for the Guardian but I would have thought that they would have slightly more journalistic integrity.

Why? I think you find many an amatuer BTL-er is a baby-booming Guardianista. I think they view property investments as more "ethical" than the nasty raw capitalism of the stock market

not trying to be funny here, but Ol' Nige didn't go into estate agency because he was intelligent.

Good point! So if they want to print advertorials they should at least get them professionally written and include the fact that although it looks like a comment it is in fact an advertising feature.

Why? I think you find many an amatuer BTL-er is a baby-booming Guardianista. I think they view property investments as more "ethical" than the nasty raw capitalism of the stock market

It's a big joke isn't it! And they sneer at Americans for not recognising irony! :rolleyes:

Research from the Council of Mortgage Lenders shows only 20 per cent of immigrants become homeowners within five years of entering the UK. This means demand from immigrants could boost the private rented sector by 55,000 homes every year .

The government had better get some new tower blocks up and ready----quick! Better get in quick