House Price Crash Forum
penbat1

Stock Market Bears

Nope. It may not fall today or tomorrow, but this latest rally has been on absolutely pathetic volume. The OBV chart on SPY and DIA look absolutely dire - way down from the May peak. At the moment sentiment is still a bit too low for ideal crash conditions, but another few weeks and it could well have improved enough to set up a really big fall.

FTSE's bellwether stock, BP, is heading down - the rest of the market will follow.

:D

please be serious penbat. are you saying a rise from 5700 - 5900 in 8 months is a cause for mass celebration???

carry on day trading, muppet :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Milkshock

please be serious penbat. are you saying a rise from 5700 - 5900 in 8 months is a cause for mass celebration???

FTSE100 now 5,986. Anyway the FTSE250 has had a bigger rise 8900 to 9757 and has been flying like crazy for the last few days.

Last week had low volumes. There is potential for more rises this week with higher volumes.

Edited by penbat1

There is potential for more rises this week with higher volumes.

Or maybe not. How much upside did you think the market had left vs potential downside? Whenever you start neglecting risk it usually comes right back to bite you.

Or maybe not. How much upside did you think the market had left vs potential downside? Whenever you start neglecting risk it usually comes right back to bite you.

Given up yet ? :D

hate to say it,but penbat is right.

I had the ftse at 5300 year end....but was counting on a bigger reversal

I got the pullback right in may....down to 5500,but we now have new highs on the dow.

we are going to reach 6500 by the look of it!

this is significant......we are now in the run up to presidential elections,the bull rate on this next 2 years is usually very good.....somewhere like 50%+gains in 2 years.

there's still a lot of risk to be taken,lots of complacency in the market now,but if history follows the standard pattern we'll see some good gains.

you wont be saying that at the end of october, this is a suckers rally

I think not!!!...this rally has come about in the face of a supposed demolition of the housing market.

people are rotating from property to stocks,and asia is taking up the slack.

good support here....I wen't long of the US when dow broke 11500 and stayed there.

hate to say it,but penbat is right.

I had the ftse at 5300 year end....but was counting on a bigger reversal

I got the pullback right in may....down to 5500,but we now have new highs on the dow.

we are going to reach 6500 by the look of it!

this is significant......we are now in the run up to presidential elections,the bull rate on this next 2 years is usually very good.....somewhere like 50%+gains in 2 years.

there's still a lot of risk to be taken,lots of complacency in the market now,but if history follows the standard pattern we'll see some good gains.

I think not!!!...this rally has come about in the face of a supposed demolition of the housing market.

people are rotating from property to stocks,and asia is taking up the slack.

good support here....I wen't long of the US when dow broke 11500 and stayed there.

Seems strangely like a repeat of last year. The market does well in the first few months of the year then turbulance and then it flies in the last few months. Any comment on the FTSE250 ? It seems to be on drugs. The FTSE250 sunk badly when the market dropped a few months ago and I partly bailed out but since the market recovery it has flown !

I am going short on the Dow Jones today.

Those in the know reckon a correction is due.

Remember when Roman goes short ,everyone else sits up and takes notice.

YOU HEARD IT FIRST HERE FOLKS.

well everyone knows prices go up when you have inflation !!! if you deflate the ftse100 by the growth in M4 you will see we are already in a bear market and have been for years. this is just a blip on anotherwise downward path. we need real interest rates or this ******** will go on for ever.

well everyone knows prices go up when you have inflation !!! if you deflate the ftse100 by the growth in M4 you will see we are already in a bear market and have been for years.

That's the thing - many bear markets look like bears only when you look back.

What has the SM done for this year, even including dividends, when adjusted for inflation?

One phrase if I may? - NOT WORTH THE RISK!!

That's the thing - many bear markets look like bears only when you look back.

What has the SM done for this year, even including dividends, when adjusted for inflation?

One phrase if I may? - NOT WORTH THE RISK!!

I've just been reading through a few econ releases, Taiwan and Korea exports are down sharply, why, I'm thinking (US) consumer spending slowing a lot faster than currently showing up..

I've just been reading through a few econ releases, Taiwan and Korea exports are down sharply, why, I'm thinking (US) consumer spending slowing a lot faster than currently showing up..

That's one of the problems we face - data should always be treated as suspect - but I don't think we should trust any "official" or VI data at the moment.

That's one of the problems we face - data should always be treated as suspect - but I don't think we should trust any "official" or VI data at the moment.

spot on. you can trust the continuous and massive growth in M4 however, which unfortunately makes it easier for people to fall for the ******** that they are fed.

Edited by Milkshock

This morning the FTSE started off in positive territory and now the red pens are out !!

TIME TO GO SHORT METHINKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning the FTSE started off in positive territory and now the red pens are out !!

TIME TO GO SHORT METHINKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus. The FTSE is currently down 0.15% and the FTSE250 is currently up 0.05%.

Its hardly a meltdown situation. Daily fluctuations of plus or minus 1% are quite common.

My dear chap, Penbat,

Who mentioned anything about a crash? Not me guv.

A daily fall of 1% in the FTSE from now until Xmas will do nicely thanks !!

You are most welcome to join the BEARS and start to get a life

My dear chap, Penbat,

Who mentioned anything about a crash? Not me guv.

A daily fall of 1% in the FTSE from now until Xmas will do nicely thanks !!

You are most welcome to join the BEARS and start to get a life

Are you any relation to that other bear Dr Bubb ? :blink: