House Price Crash Forum

Bbc Conflicted

The Colour

HOLA441
HOLA442

The thing is they are only reporting the surveys. I agree there is no analysis, where they could mention the earlier survey result in the later article, but it just shows how the BBC are spoon fed information, and they happily report it.

HOLA443

The thing is they are only reporting the surveys. I agree there is no analysis, where they could mention the earlier survey result in the later article, but it just shows how the BBC are spoon fed information, and they happily report it.

.. there is also the small worry of what the remaining 86% are doing! :lol:

The study by the Engineering Employers Federation (EEF) said 14% of the 1,000 firms it questioned reported a rise in export orders in the past three months

It would seem highly improbable that the remaining 86% held exports constant! Extraordinary reportage.

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA444

.. there is also the small worry of what the remaining 86% are doing! :lol:

The study by the Engineering Employers Federation (EEF) said 14% of the 1,000 firms it questioned reported a rise in export orders in the past three months

It would seem highly improbable that the remaining 86% held exports constant! Extraordinary reportage.

Damn right, terrible reporting. Maybe we should send them a letter,they could report that 56% of HPC forums users thinks the BBC talks out of it's starfish.

HOLA445

Damn right, terrible reporting. Maybe we should send them a letter,they could report that 56% of HPC forums users thinks the BBC talks out of it's starfish.

As I just posted on the parallel thread, it occurs to me that this 14% is probably a net figure, as that is the usual way of reporting such data. None the less, pretty sloppy reporting from the beeb.

As I just posted on the parallel thread, it occurs to me that this 14% is probably a net figure, as that is the usual way of reporting such data. None the less, pretty sloppy reporting from the beeb.

Yep, as I thought:

The survey highlights the increasing divergence between export and domestic order books which have now been on different tracks for the best part of four years. Whilst a balance of 14% of companies saw export orders increase in the last three months, the domestic order balance fell to zero, the lowest for a year.

EEF Survey

Edited by Sledgehead