House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gone baby gone

Many Happy Returns!

CW4022_Correction.jpg

A little scan of this morning's Sunday Times' Homes supplement's front page.

Any thoughts? :D

Just posted a note on this simultaneously, Durch.

As I said, I haven't been able to keep my head out of

the bog for long enough to make any rational comment on this

self-absorbed journalistic bilge

William Shakespeare would be turning in his grave if he could read this latest banality of journalistic tripe.

I mean, how low has English language and culture fallen that we have to be subjected to this repulsively cretinuous and mass-hysterical celebration of people who own houses so they can rent them to other people, i.e. landlords.

How much money do these morons get paid to produce this abyss of nothingness?

:angry:

BTL has an "anniversary?" :blink:

What kind of sick perverted society would come up with a reason to celebrate such an evil pox that is choking the likeblood out of our economy and laying waste to the lives of many no longer able to afford a roof over their heads?

What kind of sick perverted society would come up with a reason to celebrate such an evil pox that is choking the likeblood out of our economy and laying waste to the lives of many no longer able to afford a roof over their heads?

The "anniversary" seems to be based on some

scabby buy-to-let seminar attended by the noxious

Ms Millard in 1996, which propelled her into the

BTL stratosphere.

In other words, the "anniversary" and accompanying 3 pages

of propaganda, are all about HER and her cronies, and

presumably aimed at keeping their evil empire afloat.

Journalism? Blatant PR I'd say.

If the Spanish Armada or Napoleon, Hitler or Stalin came along today, they could walk into the UK

The BTL landlords would be too busy fretting about their portfolios to offer any resistance

The hoodie chavs would be too p"ssed to know what was going on

And everyone else would be too interested in buying a new pair or shoes on their credit card or a DIY home improvement kit to double the value of their house to give a monkeys who or what their new rulers were.

Britain´s decline into reality TV moronism and shopkeeper nimbie decadence has been truly remarkable.

Edited by Caledonian-Emigre

The ARLA started BTL in 1996. From http://www.arla.co.uk/info/overview.htm

The extremely successful ARLA Buy to Let scheme which succeeded in persuading lenders to reduce interest rates for investors wishing to purchase properties to let. As a result of this, some £12 million was invested in the private rented sector within its first 12 months of operation in 1996.

over the years I have become gradually less militant, but I would gladly spend a night in the cooler for disturbing that photo shoot in the most unseemly fashion.

William Shakespeare would be turning in his grave if he could read this latest banality of journalistic tripe.

Not to mention George Orwell. It has a "freedom is slavery" feel to it on so many different levels.

That smiling face reminds me of a communist propaganda poster. How ironic that it is celebrating the festering sore of capitalist overconsumption and greed that has plagued our land in recent years.

Rosie Dullard truly is a disgrace. I have no hesitation in wishing a tidalwave of interest rate rises upon her.

That should wipe the smile off of her miserable face :)

Have you tried Rosie's landlords quiz ?

Here are a couple of the questions....

Question 8

Your prospective tenant is dithering about whether to sign up for a year. Do you:

a) invent a rival offer and insist a decision is made?

B) slash the rent by 20% — that should reel her in?

c) leave vague messages about a deadline on what you think is her phone?

Question 9

You come into a windfall of £10,000. Do you:

a) take it off your mortgage?

B) immediately invest in a penthouse in Notting Hill with a 95% mortgage?

c) rigorously research the yields in Scotland and buy a modest apartment in Aberdeen?

Answers;

8. a) This may not sound terribly ethical, but sometimes you need to play on human psychology.

9. c) Property prices in London have risen far faster than rents, making it difficult to cover borrowing costs. Therefore you may have to look outside the capital for the best deals.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2098-2336444.html

CW4022_Correction.jpg

A little scan of this morning's Sunday Times' Home supplement's front page.

Any thoughts? :D

Is there a significance in the candles which look like burning arrows (?) on the roof of the house ? Are we being told something here ? I know durch would not bring the subject up in order to avoid another theological argument but perhaps it says...

Become and landlord and go straight to HELL !

Have you tried Rosie's landlords quiz ?

Here are a couple of the questions....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2098-2336444.html

I was more than a little amused by this bit:

4. c) Under regulations that came into force in April, rental properties occupied by two or more unrelated tenants sharing a kitchen or bathroom are classified as HMOs. The owners of such properties may have to apply to their local authority for a license, which could cost several hundred pounds.

This could have a hell of an impact on the buy-to-let market around here in Bristol. A fairly large percentage of the flats being rented out are rented by 2 people sharing - it's the only way you can afford the £700+ a month 2 bed flea pit in Clifton on the cruddy wages most of the office jobs around here pay.

Presumably most of the landlords around here will simply ignore it, but that could land them in more than a spot of bother.

Thought: Rosie Millard has a face you just want to slap!

There's even a handy expression in French for exactly that: a "tête à claques". (Someone who has a face that's crying out to be smacked.) :lol:

Edited by Zaranna