House Price Crash Forum

Tony's Vision Of The Future

HOLA441

Appologies if this is off topic, but...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5301824.stm

Tomorrow's potential troublemakers can be identified even before they are born, Tony Blair has suggested.

Mr Blair said it was possible to spot the families whose circumstances made it likely their children would grow up to be a "menace to society".

He said teenage mums and problem families could be forced to take help to head off difficulties.

Presumably, pregnant mum goes to her GP who then enters the fact that she is pregnant into the NHS computer system. Mum has had to hand over her ID card to get to see the GP, so it is then very easy for a computer to check through her personal details, NHS history and police record to look for any signs that she may have comitted a crime, taken drugs, had problems with alcaholism or depression or not paid her council tax and whether anybody in her immediate family has done the same. If a certain number of points, say, are accumulated against her then a letter is sent requiring her to attend 'citizenship awareness counciling'. If she fails to go then she is not 'meeting her social obligations' and risks losing her working family tax credits, benefits or council house, having her child taken away or even a spell in prison.

So after another couple of decades of inflation, unaffordable housing, buy-to-let and authoritarian government is this going to be our future?

At the top a feudal landlord class. They all bought houses by the late 90's or are descended from people who did the same. They are required to do little work but collect a small fortune from their buy-to-let empire.

In the middle, the worker class. They supply labour for the civil service, letting agents and the few economically useful jobs left. They have little to show for this but dream of one day owning a buy-to-let property of their own. Most of their income is taken away in tax but they have the comfort of knowing that at least they are middle class.

At the bottom there is a vast peasent underclass made up of principly chavs and immigrants. They alternate between low paid minimum wage jobs and the dole. They are utterly dependant on government handouts and are kept happy with a constant diet of Big Brother and binge drinking. If any of them step out of line then they get clobbered with an ASBO or the like and are made to attend 're-education' classes. They are constantly monitored via their ID cards for any signs of more serious trouble making and are subject to summary justice without trial.

Anyway, sorry to be such a gloomy b*****d but I'm back to school on Monday (teacher) and thought I'd try and bring everybody else down as well!

Edited by ImA20SomethingGetMeOutOfHere

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Appologies if this is off topic, but...

Presumably, pregnant mum goes to her GP who then enters the fact that she is pregnant into the NHS computer system. Mum has had to hand over her ID card to get to see the GP, so it is then very easy for a computer to check through her personal details, NHS history and police record to look for any signs that she may have comitted a crime, taken drugs, had problems with alcaholism or depression or not paid her council tax and whether anybody in her immediate family has done the same. If a certain number of points, say, are accumulated against her then a letter is sent requiring her to attend 'citizenship awareness counciling'. If she fails to go then she is not 'meeting her social obligations' and risks losing her working family tax credits, benefits or council house, having her child taken away or even a spell in prison.

So after another couple of decades of inflation, unaffordable housing, buy-to-let and authoritarian government is this going to be our future?

At the top a feudal landlord class. They all bought houses by the late 90's or are descended from people who did the same. They are required to do little work but collect a small fortune from their buy-to-let empire.

In the middle, the worker class. They supply labour for the civil service, letting agents and the few economically useful jobs left. They have little to show for this but dream of one day owning a buy-to-let property of their own. Most of their income is taken away in tax but they have the comfort of knowing that at least they are middle class.

At the bottom there is a vast peasent underclass made up of principly chavs and immigrants. They alternate between low paid minimum wage jobs and the dole. They are utterly dependant on government handouts and are kept happy with a constant diet of Big Brother and binge drinking. If any of them step out of line then they get clobbered with an ASBO or the like and are made to attend 're-education' classes. They are constantly monitored via their ID cards for any signs of more serious trouble making and are subject to summary justice without trial.

Anyway, sorry to be such a gloomy b*****d but I'm back to school on Monday (teacher) and thought I'd try and bring everybody else down as well!

I'm sorry - I thought you were going to talk about the future? Your observations seem to relate to the now.

HAL

HOLA443
HOLA444
Just stop giving extravagant benefits to single mothers and others to live off the state

But that wouldn't give Blair justification for building his total control police state. You see, this is how it works: first government creates a problem, then it imposes an expensive and draconian 'solution' to that problem which increases government power.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Apologies if this is off topic, but...

Presumably, pregnant mum goes to her GP who then enters the fact that she is pregnant into the NHS computer system. Mum has had to hand over her ID card to get to see the GP, so it is then very easy for a computer to check through her personal details, NHS history and police record to look for any signs that she may have committed a crime, taken drugs, had problems with alcoholism or depression or not paid her council tax and whether anybody in her immediate family has done the same. If a certain number of points, say, are accumulated against her then a letter is sent requiring her to attend 'citizenship awareness counseling'. If she fails to go then she is not 'meeting her social obligations' and risks losing her working family tax credits, benefits or council house, having her child taken away or even a spell in prison.

At the bottom there is a vast peasant underclass made up of principle chavs and immigrants. They alternate between low paid minimum wage jobs and the dole. They are utterly dependant on government handouts and are kept happy with a constant diet of Big Brother and binge drinking. If any of them step out of line then they get clobbered with an ASBO or the like and are made to attend 're-education' classes. They are constantly monitored via their ID cards for any signs of more serious trouble making and are subject to summary justice without trial.

Next terms curriculum? Go on I dare you! Love to see it on the front page of the Daily Mail. School teacher spreads message of future nu Labour totalitarian regime to indifferent class!

Judging by the other posts I'd say what you describe would be very popular with the majority of wage slaves. Or should I call them inner party members?

I heard they were removing 'that book' from schools?

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Tony Blair is losing his marbles.

The longer you are in power the more paranoid, meglomanic and detached from reality you become.

He will be passing a law to stop abortion soon and have us all learn creationism at school.

Why not genetically manufacture a race of "Blair Youth" who are brainwashed / hard-wired to willingly go off and get blown to peices fighting Tony´s wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and probably Iran or Saudia Arabia next.

HOLA4411

Next terms curriculum? Go on I dare you! Love to see it on the front page of the Daily Mail. School teacher spreads message of future nu Labour totalitarian regime to indifferent class!

Judging by the other posts I'd say what you describe would be very popular with the majority of wage slaves. Or should I call them inner party members?

I heard they were removing 'that book' from schools?

Might make a change from the mindlessness of the new GCSE science curriculum <shudder>.

What's 'that book' exactly?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I can't imagine that Cameron will be able to help any of us either - inflation or housing...

Well, it's nice to see that David Cameron is standing up to the evil Blairite juggernaught and turning himself into the champion of all those who have suffered under Nu Labour. Unceasing in his desire to right the many wrongs caused by nearly a decade of Labour misrule, he has recently left a weakened prime minister reeling from one body blow after another, putting forth policy after policy on housing, immigration, the economy, crime, health and education and in the process showing just what a difference voting for him will make at the next election.

Maybe not then.

Never mind, group hug everybody.

And as for this lot...

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest Shedfish

....just what a difference voting for him will make at the next election.

Maybe not then.

Never mind, group hug everybody.

And as for this lot...

yeh, hardly Ming the Merciless, their new chap...

maybe everything's such a shitty mess after nearly 10 years of Big Brother, no one else wants to win.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guest Shedfish

Anan's job is coming up at the UN--I wonder if that could be TB's graceful way to exit? A scary thought nonethless.

"fast track" resolutions (i.e. post-it notes, stuck on the Big Red Button)

HOLA4421

More of TB's waste:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,1863468,00.html

Labour's £2bn army of consultants

Investigation finds massive bill for Whitehall advisers

David Hencke, Westminster correspondent

Saturday September 2, 2006

The Guardian

The annual bill for Whitehall consultants advising government departments is running at more than
£2.2bn
, an investigation by the Guardian reveals today.
Our findings paint a disturbing picture of millions of pounds wasted on controversial or abandoned schemes and huge differentials in pay between civil servants and consultants brought in to do similar jobs. Data drawn from internal Whitehall sources, ministers' answers to MPs, and freedom of information requests shows:
· Revenue and Customs is paying £750 a day to consultants to design IT schemes, alongside civil servants doing the same work for £120 a day.

HOLA4422

Simple solution

Just stop giving extravagant benefits to single mothers and others to live off the state

Let's define our terms - what do you mean by extravagant?

The level of benefit received by most single mums allows them to feed and clothe themselves and their family. They are given a roof over their head, usually not in the most salubrious areas of town. And that's it. Not what I'd call extravagant. If you've evidence that single parent families are living off the state in significantly exalted circumstances to what I've described, then I stand corrected.

That said, the current benefits system is clearly counterproductive to what must be the ultimate aim of getting people to support themselves and make a positive contribution to their neighbours. All the current system does is keep people in state-subsidised poverty.

So what's your plan? Eliminate all benefits immediately? Or would you reduce them gradually to wean people off? What about the related issue of education and training? To me, this is the root problem - millions of people leave our education system with no useful qualifications. Would you be willing for a significant chunk of taxation to go on well-resourced vocational training so that people have the skills to support themselves?

Quantinghome

HOLA4423
The level of benefit received by most single mums allows them to feed and clothe themselves and their family. They are given a roof over their head, usually not in the most salubrious areas of town. And that's it. Not what I'd call extravagant.

Something that's difficult for a worker on an average wage to do, particularly if they're actually paying to buy that flat in the scummy part of town, and not renting it.

Meanwhile that same worker who's struggling to get by is being taxed to fund his chav single mother neighbour and her six kids (by six different boyfriends) who's never worked in her life.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425