House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hedi

They Have No Choice But To Raise Rates.

the poor old boe is really in a pickle. even leaving aside the raising of rates worldwide. merv has to keep the rates up and up. our economy lives on cheap imports, and that is helped by a highly rated currency. if the markets suspect that the boe is turning a blind eye to inflation they will move their money somewhere else. thus driving up import prices and uping inflation.

but even more critical are the energy prices. we import huge amounts and if we have a weak currency then energy costs will really get out of controal.

they have a really double edged sword. a strong currency keeps prices down, but means interest rates must firm up. or let the currency slide and imports bring on higher inflation, especially energy costs. higher inflation means rates must go up.

dont worry about the cpi figures. there is not much that is getting cheaper now. i think that most prices have really got to rock bottom. this will out over the next few months. it seems that everything is on the up. except wages.

for those of you who are still doubting and loosing patience. all bubbles burst and no govenment has ever been able to stop it or do anything about it, its the nature of economics. and the housing situation at present is almost a text book description of a bubble.

i beleive it was either dr johnstone or sir christopher wren who fought hard explaining the fool hardyness of the great tulip bubble, and was proved wrong and wrong again. finally he could take being left out no longer. he lost everything.

next year will be interesting

You are of course right, however in previous history nobody in their right mind was prepared to destroy the nation in order to keep the myth of a miracle economy going.

He can of course keep interest rates low, simply by importing many many millions of immigrants to lower wages even more. For sure we would all be looking at the extinction of any form of public services, hospitals would not exist and it would become a luxury to live in a shared property with three families as is the case abroad where these people come from.

But it is do-able and I am sure that the two clowns in Downing Street would stop at nothing to destroy this nation and return to their homeland of Scotland glorious in the fact that they have destroyed this nation in a decade, something their ancestors could not do over a century.

You are of course right, however in previous history nobody in their right mind was prepared to destroy the nation in order to keep the myth of a miracle economy going.

He can of course keep interest rates low, simply by importing many many millions of immigrants to lower wages even more. For sure we would all be looking at the extinction of any form of public services, hospitals would not exist and it would become a luxury to live in a shared property with three families as is the case abroad where these people come from.

But it is do-able and I am sure that the two clowns in Downing Street would stop at nothing to destroy this nation and return to their homeland of Scotland glorious in the fact that they have destroyed this nation in a decade, something their ancestors could not do over a century.

Unfortunately Laurejon I think you may be right. I can see this c*ckhead getting more immigrants in and I can seriously see RIOTS returning to our streets. I am not being dramatic here. From a city that had riots (Liverpool) I can tell you that they DID work. The "black" commmunity in our city were being harrassed and treated like sh*t and IMHO they were right to riot. These people were 80% or more BORN AND BRED IN THE UK!

The relevance of this is that the only difference was the colour of their skin. THIS WAS WRONG AND IMMORAL. The immigrants NOW may be here on a free ticket to get supported by our NHS. Get jobs and cause the NATIONALS more unemployment and then take their money back to their own country. This has gone TOO FAR!!!

Not getting into the immigration thing again, coz its been debated to death. My point is, these c*cks that runs our country and its finances will go this route to stop the blame going on them. They are here for now - not the future. God knows what mess these incompetent SPIN DOCTORS have done to this country.

TB

You are fooling yourself.

The next change will be a cut. Jan or Feb 2007.

It is fixed. Just like horse racing.

they can fix it so everyone has a first class degree, they can fiddle and fix all they want, but you cant fix money. remember the erm. all the banks in the usa and europe could not stop it. money will do what it will do, and while gorden may wish it one way, it will go its own way in the end, and dont think that anyone is going to come to his resuce. just think how the europeans will laugh.

Imagine a population of 120 million in the UK in a decade against a population of 60million today (That is what is reported we all know it to be much more).

It comes as no suprise that already in the space of just 5 years we are being told we will have to work till we drop before we get a pension, the pension we paid for, and that hospitals are closing weekly. Its the thin end of the wedge, we have the worst roads in Europe and they are now thinking of taxing us to drive on those, on top of the astronomical 1,000% tax they put on petrol, and then the roadtax that goes to pay for their holidays in Barbados and Croquet lessons.

Not getting into the immigration thing again,

The result of any debate on immigration, culture, race or gender relations in this country has been and always will be to the detriment of white people, British people or males as appropriate.

they can fix it so everyone has a first class degree, they can fiddle and fix all they want, but you cant fix money. remember the erm. all the banks in the usa and europe could not stop it. money will do what it will do, and while gorden may wish it one way, it will go its own way in the end, and dont think that anyone is going to come to his resuce. just think how the europeans will laugh.

This government would rather see inflation at 10000000% per minute than risk alienating those who have a mortgage to pay. For they are the mondeo men. They are sacrosanct. We are merely a small sect of fanatics to be sneered at and monitered by special branch.

It is all fixed. Just like horse racing.

This government would rather see inflation at 10000000% per minute than risk alienating those who have a mortgage to pay. For they are the mondeo men. They are sacrosanct. We are merely a small sect of fanatics to be sneered at and monitered by special branch.

It is all fixed. Just like horse racing.

then just put your money overseas thats what every one else will do. unlike the seventies they cant stop you.

then just put your money overseas thats what every one else will do. unlike the seventies they cant stop you.

soon....

its what i will do if i think they are going to let inflation rip. the pound is high at the moment , a good time to buy. swiss francs is always a good bet. and i dont think that they will let the euro go either.