House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Interest Rates Going To Rocket

U.K. Rental Prices Reach Record, Chartered Surveyors Say
By Brian Swintknickers
Aug. 31 (Bloomberg) -- The cost of renting property in the U.K. rose the most in at least eight years in the three months through July, driven in part by immigration from Eastern Europe, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors said today.

EAs/RICS ramping again after the articles saying yields were hitting a 5 year low. Not sure how much rent a lot of the E Europeans can affoird to pay. With all the HMO regs coming into force the idea of cramming ten to a room might not work for long.

i reckon we're in for interest rate hell for the newbie ftbs, btls etc. petrol is soaring, gas is soaring counsel tax is soaring, now rents are soaring as well

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...Ew&refer=uk

the bank of england must be worrying that its loosing control

Here's an interesting little nugget from that Bloomberg piece :

the number of first-time home buyers dwindled to a 25-year low of 320,000 last year as surging home values limited affordability, according to estimates by HBOS Plc, Britain's largest mortgage lender.

U.K. Rental Prices Reach Record, Chartered Surveyors Say
By Brian Swintknickers
EAs/RICS ramping again after the articles saying yields were hitting a 5 year low. Not sure how much rent a lot of the E Europeans can affoird to pay. With all the HMO regs coming into force the idea of cramming ten to a room might not work for long.
What kind of a name is SWINTKNICKERS??????
....THIS IS PURE FICTION,JUST LIKE HIS DICKENSIAN SURNAME!!!!!!
....once the sheeple WAKE UP and realise that all is not rosy in the garden and their job is under threat from some(very hard working) eastern european who will do it for half the cost,it will not take their tiny little minds long to work out that they are getting a raw deal.
skill yourselves up people,the bar has been raised and you will survive and prosper if you find a niche that this influx of labour(or the illiterate populus) cannot enter,or at least keep a competitive edge over them.
managerial posts are not safe!!!......the 50+BTL have not figured this out yet.Any pole who displays talent will instantly make their boss a HUGE saving,and cast the poor(but lazy and too settled)indigenous manager of present onto the scrap heap.
I hope the government realise that 10 years worth of benefits for these guys is a price NOT worth paying before they retire.
to be frank I think they need to completely abolish minimum state retirement benefits,what you put in you should get out.....that should shake up a few of the chavs!!!!!

GB/BOE have hidden high real inflation from us for years and we haven't complained - why would they change their tune?

I reckon a couple of IR rises - we call their bluff and keep borrowing/spending - they backoff and they redefine/hide inflation again (CPI)

IMO they will NOT raise IR to the point at which it could crash the housing market (only enough to stop us borrowing/spending to curb real inflation)

Only a sudden, global event is going to crash the market...

Edited by dnd

I think people are finally waking up to the fact that inflation in real terms is much higher than reported.

Bring into the equation the reality that wages are heading downward due to mass immigration then you have a double edged sword that will ensure the living standards of the working population are going to suffer a drastic setback.

Living in an owned property these days is now considered the ultimate in luxury, and will be impossible if interest rates rise further as indeed they will.

In essence the figures for a reasonable quality of life in the UK no longer stack up.

If this is what the populas descibe as progess, then they are well and truly mistaken. Roll forward a decade and you will find that poverty breeds crime, social unrest, and a Government that has to take off the kid gloves to control it. Thank Fuc* I am not 18 and looking to have to make a future in the UK.

If I were an educated teenager today in the UK, I would get the hell out whist they can.