House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Prude

I Didn't Know This

I do two jobs and in my evening role yesterday I was talking to a new guy who also works 2 jobs. His day job is working for the DSS.

Got talking to him about immigration and benefit entitlement and what he thought about all the press attention etc..

He painted a far worse picture than than the Xpress/Mail have yet done.

His most shocking revelation surrounded the Tax Credit system.

He claims that 10s of thousands of new EU citizens (Poles etc) have cottoned on to the fact that if they legally come over here to work in any job then they will be entitled to claim Working Families Tax Credits for their wife and 5 kids who are still at home in Poland or wherever. Poorly framed UK law means that upto the maximum award is then sent 'Home'.

This means that £7k+ is sent out of the Uk for every single immigrant to the UK who has a large family not even resident here. I found this totally shocking.

More over he talked about the tax system which makes the award for the year. He indicated that some workers come over, work a month, make a claim and then disappear back home when it is awarded! No check is then made until next year when packs are sent out meaning that thay can pick up a years payments without even being here. Some even have the cheek to then return next year to pick up the renewal pack and make a legitimate new claim!

Can anyone confirm this stuff? Did we already know this?

It would be sad if true, but why don't you write to the papers, i'm sure they would have the resources to investigate further, and they love this sort of stuff.!

Wouldn't normally sully my mouse pointer with the DM, but here is an interesting link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...amp;expand=true

There we are then. The article doesn't mention the much more lucrative TAx Credits system however, just child benefit. But its clear he's telling the truth and that the same rules apply. Unbelievable.

As if we haven't got enough problems with our own scumsh1tes putting nothing in and taking everything out!

Correct, considering the average monthly wage is about £40 over where they come from, it is clear there is hugh benefits to sending cash from here to over there, their family is living the high life in their own country at OUR tax costs.

No wonder more and more people want to emmigrate

I have long wondered how much of an effect this (and things like this) makes to inflation – Ie the bank of England prints extra money which one way or another will find it’s way abroad – there fore the more immigration we have the more money can be printed as a larger percentage every year will just leave the country and kept as savings

Does this mean if I emigrate, taking my nipper with me, that I can claim child benefit for her and maybe tax credits too?

You claim it in the country you emmigrate to. If that's outside of the EU, then you are out of luck, if it's inside the EU you must choose carefully as some EU countries have a less generous (than the UK) benefit system and some are more generous than the UK.

Again, you can see precisely why Germany and Austria did not allow an unlimited number of migrants from the new EU accession countries across. They knew that European legislation would allow them to claim some types of benefit and due to the difference in cost of living, benefit that allows you to live on the breadline in one country will permit a very reasonable standard of living in another!

Our government are trying to forget that they forcast about 20,000 Poles coming over as being the extent of immigration in the first year, and now look like the 'hard men' by suggesting we take a look at the problem.

You claim it in the country you emmigrate to. If that's outside of the EU, then you are out of luck, if it's inside the EU you must choose carefully as some EU countries have a less generous (than the UK) benefit system and some are more generous than the UK.

Again, you can see precisely why Germany and Austria did not allow an unlimited number of migrants from the new EU accession countries across. They knew that European legislation would allow them to claim some types of benefit and due to the difference in cost of living, benefit that allows you to live on the breadline in one country will permit a very reasonable standard of living in another!

Our government are trying to forget that they forcast about 20,000 Poles coming over as being the extent of immigration in the first year, and now look like the 'hard men' by suggesting we take a look at the problem.

Cheers.

Does anyone have any reliable figures on the cost/benefit of being within the EU as opposed to outside it. Tony Bliar has always taken the stance that membership is good for this country. If there is a compelling economic case for arguing this is not true then we should be lobbying for withdrawal (or voting UKIP in our millions)

"....and now look like the 'hard men' by suggesting we take a look at the problem."

The Government now tell us we have to take a 'mature' look at the immigration scenario. Mature?.....whenever any other body other that Bliars cronies have raised the issue of immigration, they are immediately deemed to be racists.....

Edited by The Dude

Cost of EU membership.

Does anyone have any reliable figures on the cost/benefit of being within the EU as opposed to outside it. [tuffers]

'How Much Does the EU Cost Britain?' [August 2006]:

http://www.ukip.org/ukip_news/gen12.php?t=1&id=2481

Since Britain joined the 'European Economic Community' in 1973, Parliamentarians have time and again called for a cost-benefit analysis to prove or disprove the benefits of membership; successive Conservative and Labour governments have consistently refused on the grounds that the benefits are 'self-evident'.

Set out in the latest Bruges Group research by Gerard Batten MEP the full costs to Britain have now been calculated.

The facts:

Britain has given nearly £200 Billion to the EU since we joined.

In 2007 UK taxpayers will be forced to pay £14.2 Billion to the EU.

The EU costs every man, woman and child £873 per year.

The EU is costing the British economy £50.6 Billion this year, by 2007 this will rise to £52.4 Billion.

If there is a compelling economic case for arguing this is not true then we should be lobbying for withdrawal (or voting UKIP in our millions) [tuffers]

I prefer to use the phrase 'reclaim our freedom from the EU'. It's a positive action.

Correct, considering the average monthly wage is about £40 over where they come from, it is clear there is hugh benefits to sending cash from here to over there, their family is living the high life in their own country at OUR tax costs.

No wonder more and more people want to emmigrate

What? Your remark of "the average monthly wage is about £40 over where they come from" Who are they? Does "they" refer to anyone outside of the UK? And if by "They" you mean Eastern Europeans, do you REALLY think the avearge wage in Eastern Europe is £10 a week.

I wish you bloody would emmigrate. Would raise the average IQ across the UK by about 10% by the sound of it.

After all, you could live for 2 years on £1K if you go to where "they" come from.

Muppet

Edited by Pond321

What? Your remark of "the average monthly wage is about £40 over where they come from" Who are they? Does "they" refer to anyone outside of the UK? And if by "They" you mean Eastern Europeans, do you REALLY think the avearge wage in Eastern Europe is £10 a week.

I wish you bloody would emmigrate. Would raise the average IQ across the UK by about 10% by the sound of it.

After all, you could live for 2 years on £1K if you go to where "they" come from.

Muppet

i know . these prejudiced and borderline racist immigration threads are often started by these old fashioned little englanders, thankfully a dying breed who just want to stir up prefudice. i wish they would emigrate too!

Guest pioneer31

i know . these prejudiced and borderline racist immigration threads are often started by these old fashioned little englanders, thankfully a dying breed who just want to stir up prefudice. i wish they would emigrate too!

let's start hurling labels around in order to detract from the OP's thread, which is a cause for concern!

let's start hurling labels around in order to detract from the OP's thread, which is a cause for concern!

well its true, all everyone seems to do on here these days is talk about how awful immigrants are . I am puzzled and depressed why all our woes are supposedly Polish cleaners, or Latvian bricke k q

Guest pioneer31

well its true, all everyone seems to do on here these days is talk about how awful immigrants are . I am puzzled and depressed why all our woes are supposedly Polish cleaners, or Latvian bricke k q

The thread is criticising this s**t govt's policies, from where I'm standing.

Of course immigrants will exploit it, wouldn't anybody?

Immigration is costing Britain.

Its time we closed the doors and sent them all packing.

Why should British Familes pay for spongers in Poland?.

The game is up now, we need an extreme party to win the next election and get rid of the spongers and the liberal loonies who are hell bent on destroying this nation to mix us all up with the poverty stricken Europeans who have spent decades taking handouts from the EU and putting nothing back in.

Shut the doors, and then look around to see who else we can remove legally.

You really don't understand do you ? Is English your first language ? The thread is about why is it fair that if someone has children why should they get £10k when they arrive in the UK ?

The OP did not attack immigrants rather their entitlement to recieve a large sum of money.

Of course now we know why you are so pro immigration, you are one. Go to the local council and enroll on an English course, good luck with it, come back you are able to undertand as well as write it.

I think Cukoo is the Cleaner, and he would love to be the master he scrubs bogs for at 1 quid and hour.

The internet is his opportunity to fantasise that one day he will become English and live like the Lords he cleans for.