House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The time is nigh

'firm' Growth In Uk House Prices

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5300744.stm

Annual house price growth increased in August, with the market remaining "firm", the Nationwide has said.

The building society's housing survey found that prices rose by 0.8% during the month, the same as in July, lifting the annual rate of growth to 6.6%.

This was the fastest yearly growth rate since April 2005, and the average UK property now costs £167,721.

The three-monthly trend showed prices rose 1.4% in the three months to August compared with the previous quarter.

Annual house price growth increased in August, with the market remaining "firm", the Nationwide has said.

The building society's housing survey found that prices rose by 0.8% during the month, the same as in July, lifting the annual rate of growth to 6.6%.

This was the fastest yearly growth rate since April 2005, and the average UK property now costs £167,721.

The three-monthly trend showed prices rose 1.4% in the three months to August compared with the previous quarter.

Another 0.8% rise. :D

Life is great.

Here I am living in Thailand just eating, drinking and enjoying bedroom olympics, :P

and all the time my properties back in good old Blighty are going through the roof. B)

Sure as hell beats working my nuts off back in the UK, and paying rent to some landlord while waiting for a house price crash that never comes. :lol:

Clubman.

Life is great.

Here I am living in Thailand just eating, drinking and enjoying bedroom olympics, :P

and all the time my properties back in good old Blighty are going through the roof. B)

Sure as hell beats working my nuts off back in the UK, and paying rent to some landlord while waiting for a house price crash that never comes. :lol:

Clubman.

You're a sick ****** and stand for everything thats wrong wit hthe economy today. I hope you get a dose

Life is great.

Clubman.

Broadcasting your personal details in this way suggests that you are a bit insecure. The fact that you have to go to Thailand to find sex might also suggest that the girls over here don't think too much of you.

(grammar edit)

Edited by dog

Guest The_Oldie

Following a second and particularly vulgar post which has been removed, clubman is banned from these forums.

Life is great.

Clubman.

And you my son are todays classic example of Blairs Britian, i and find you vulgar and repulsive.

Propertys that should be used to home familys are being used to fund your sordid little life you sad little man.

Can anyone believe it, Nu Labour has created a class system that rewards scum like you and dumps on the working man, what a sick culture we live in these days.

Following a second and particularly vulgar post which has been removed, clubman is banned from these forums.

I can see why people would want to remove clubman's post, but do not. His posts are an education as to what is happening in this Country today.

Guest The_Oldie

I can see why people would want to remove clubman's post, but do not. His posts are an education as to what is happening in this Country today.

An education in vulgarity and how to circumvent the forum bad word filter perhaps :rolleyes:.

Annual house price growth increased in August, with the market remaining "firm", the Nationwide has said. The building society's housing survey found that prices rose by 0.8% during the month, the same as in July, lifting the annual rate of growth to 6.6%.

Hmm. Spinning out of control again; and I do not mean the prices ;)

Just checked Nationwide report details. And what has gone up 0.8% is their seasonally adjusted index.

nationwidespin

If you look at the (presumably unadjusted) average house prices that they report

July 167,733

August 167,721

Flat at best!

Hmm. Spinning out of control again; and I do not mean the prices ;)

Just checked Nationwide report details. And what has gone up 0.8% is their seasonally adjusted index.

nationwidespin

If you look at the (presumably unadjusted) average house prices that they report

July 167,733

August 167,721

Flat at best!

How can I find out what the ACTUAL July / AUgust 05 figures were?

Here I am living in Thailand just eating, drinking and enjoying bedroom olympics,

how are those ladyboys, Clubman? And hows the dyssentry these days? And does 'faux' bud really taste as good as real bud?

:-)

How can I find out what the ACTUAL July / AUgust 05 figures were?

All the previous reports are here:-

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/archive.htm

YOY is genuine ( well so far as any of this stuff is) but increase happened earlier in year.

If you really want to understand what is happening in the market the graphs on the link below are the best. Although they say they are for regions, they also show England and Wales increases for market but also for bottom of market and top. It is very revealing. Shows most growth in last couple of years has been cheap end- a clear sign that property is unaffordable.

http://www.mouseprice.com/property-stats/b...erty-bs6-3.aspx

Someone will no doubt respond that houses are affordable as people are still buying. But only 5% of property changes hands each year. See link below which has the national market liquidity since 2000 ( 5/6 years x5%)

http://www.mouseprice.com/property-stats/b...erty-bs6-1.aspx

So in 2002 probably 30% people could afford to buy, by 2005 maybe only 10% ( and it looks as if they could mainly only afford the cheap stuff), 2006 5% ( ie still keeping market ticking over just fine, at least at the bottom end anyway) But by 2007 even that last 5% can't afford the 5% of property on the market so nobody but the odd Russian billionaire will be buying.

I've no idea what that will mean. :rolleyes: Any takers?