House Price Crash Forum

The Big Papers Saying Crash Is Here!?

Guest pioneer31

So your saying the UK would benefit from a housing crash and mass unemployment and povety?? That stress, worry, pain and despair for thousands of households across the country would be a good thing??????????

Just so you can get on the ladder!! (Best I don't post my comments on that one, I will get chucked off the forum)

and the alternative?

A whole generation (the young ones who keep this county going) permanently unable to buy a place to live

Sounds like the perfect recipe for a MASS brain drain

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A crash doesnt necessarily mean mass unemployment, i think unemployment would only reach (at worst) 10 or 11% in a crash. A sharp correction is better as once prices reach a floor and start rising the consumer and house buyers will regain confidence and economy will emerge stronger and more competitive. A long drawn out correction is more likely to create a substained economic recession due to uncertainty , and peoples reluctance to buy houses cars clothes and "stuff". The pound would lose a lot of its value and make the country more competive on the world markets and create more jobs in uk or prevent many being lost.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy?? What's happy about a housing market crash?

Trust me, you don't want a house price crash, I promise you. For both people with or without property.

Can't you see? If houses crashed, it would bring down the whole of UK economy with it!!

Oh yes, there be plenty of cheap houses about. Hell, you could probably buy a couple!! Great your thinking.... err no, not quite...

You see, a broken economy means it's highly likely you won't have a job left and be unemployed. So you see you still can't get on the ladder and now don't have a job at all!!!

Do you still want a housing market crash? Ahh, I thought not.

Let's all prey, it doesn't happen!

Answer...yes, I still want a crash.

I dont give a sh*t about the economy. Yes, I might lose my job, but I would rather try and hold on for the ride.

Its not our generations fault that this ar*ehole of a government has relied on house prices holding the economy up. There will be no "easy way out" for the UK now, thats what you get from living in a false economy for the last decade!

CRASH AND BURN is what I say!

So your saying the UK would benefit from a housing crash and mass unemployment and povety?? That stress, worry, pain and despair for thousands of households across the country would be a good thing??????????

Just so you can get on the ladder!! (Best I don't post my comments on that one, I will get chucked off the forum)

Im sorry, but the "stress, worry, pain and despair" you mention has been bought on by thousands of people themselves. If they think that these people are going to live off the equity in their houses and we are going to pay the pathetic house prices to pay for it then they are wrong. Dont ask me for sympathy for people who have made this decision.

Happy?? What's happy about a housing market crash?

Trust me, you don't want a house price crash, I promise you. For both people with or without property.

Can't you see? If houses crashed, it would bring down the whole of UK economy with it!!

Oh yes, there be plenty of cheap houses about. Hell, you could probably buy a couple!! Great your thinking.... err no, not quite...

You see, a broken economy means it's highly likely you won't have a job left and be unemployed. So you see you still can't get on the ladder and now don't have a job at all!!!

Do you still want a housing market crash? Ahh, I thought not.

Let's all prey, it doesn't happen!

ANDY 75180 , you is de man , you've got an answer for everything what you gonna be like when you've done 1,000 posts ???????? and i just luvvvvvvvvvvvv the golf ball it's so cool baby B)

I'm STR and i'm wanting a HPC big time , the economy might survive better than you think , many recent immigrants will go home , mosts jobs will still be there it is unlikely houses will crash more then 30% imo it might be a quick crash or it might take a few years but most people will survive , most will keep there jobs and houses , and the world will not end .

please now explain your main argument that a long slow drawnout house price decline is better, or the other side of your argument that a gradual increase or stagnation is better than a short sharp correction.......

a short sharp correction is going to be better everyone on this site with half a brain cell could tell you that. I dont think that prices will half but 30% is viable. And it will happen soon possibly end of next year, we only need another couple of rate rises and then its all over.

Andy what is your purpose for joining this site you are either a disgruntled guy who has maybe bought at the wrong time? maybe an EA who knows something nasty is going to happen soon possibly next year.

If you dont have anything important to add to the site please dont bother. I find your posts boring argumentative and not very factual.

And i have one thing to say to you. "When America sneezes, we catch a cold"

After reading these I am happy I didnt dive in when tempted! :D

Deano

Don't want to dive in here either!

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/business/cont...sales_0816.html

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/pbccentral/co...tybud_0908.html

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/con...TORS__0521.html

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/...eeze/index.html <<<<< nice council tax bill of 17k on a 850k house

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/business/cont...3homesales.html

At least petrol came down a bit last week....