House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buffer Bear

Nationwide Figures For August +0.2%

I'll put you all out of your misery!!!

http://www.lse.co.uk/FinanceNews.asp?share...Thursday_Aug_31

"-Nationwide Building Society's house price index is seen rising by 0.2 pct in August from July for an annual gain of 6.0 pct. A significant number of analysts predict bigger gains, however.

In July, prices were up 0.8 pct on the month for a 5.9 pct annual increase.

David Page at Investec predicts steep house price gains and bases his expectations on the robust findings of the last Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors poll where the net balance of surveyors reporting price increases rose to +31 in the three-months to July -- the fastest pace recorded in more than two years.

'Given the forward-looking nature of the survey, this combines with mortgage approvals to point to a firm start to the fourth quarter. We would not be surprised to see the annual house price growth rate rise still further,' he added. !"

Good guess Bearfacts!

Guest wrongmove

well according to wrongmove's "neverfail" chart, we can read off the HPI from the approvals, so that means it will be 15% next month.

:-)

It's actually Spline's chart - I couldn't take the credit. And if you actually read the posts you would realise that it takes about 6 months for approvals to translate to reported HPI.

However quantinghome's research (http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...st&p=438237) shows that the chart may be becoming out of date if you look at new data. Maybe 8-10% is a better estimate. Still bad news though.

I'm renting and really don't want to see higher prices. But I try to be as objective as I can. A jump of 0.8% to 6.6% would bear out this correlation. It will take 6 months before we know. But the chances of decent drops over the next 6 months look pretty slim, IMHO.

edited to correct nationwide data

Edited by wrongmove

Guest wrongmove

Here are the graphs for Haliwide, but without the latest Nationwide figures:

_41825386_house_prices_june3_203.gif

10% by the New Year doesn't look totally impossible :blink:

post-210-1156979166_thumb.jpg

I'll put you all out of your misery!!!

http://www.lse.co.uk/FinanceNews.asp?share...Thursday_Aug_31

"-Nationwide Building Society's house price index is seen rising by 0.2 pct in August from July for an annual gain of 6.0 pct. A significant number of analysts predict bigger gains, however.

That story is all balls

Edited by Jason

+0.2%...the crash has started.

:lol:

I'm certain RB would point to this being definitive proof that we are in a recession and house prices are going down the pan (despite the positive figure for a weak time of year).

:lol:

:rolleyes:

Hey! What is it? +0.2% or +0.8%? You guys are making it up as you go along.

;)

Edited by Golden Shower