House Price Crash Forum

Yet Another Reason To Stay Well Clear Of Wales!

Guest UK Debt Slave

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Why not just privatise the police and be done with it?

If only... I'd love to be able to wave bye-bye to the government police and hire private security instead.

Unfortunately if the government did do that, they'd create a police monopoly which got to keep all the money from fines, ensuring total police state control overnight. Heck, they'd have to hire 90% of the population just to enforce all the laws on the rest.

HOLA444
Guest mattsta1964

Another absolute gem of an idea takes shape in komrade Antonov Bliar and Gordioski Brown's NuTotalitarian state.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/5298208.stm

From last July, officers were given a monthly points target of 200 in relation to motoring offences.

Arresting a drink-driver gained them 25 points, while catching a speeding motorist was worth five.

At the time the police federation described the scheme as "ludicrous".

How many points do you get for starting an illegal war? Or bankrupting your own country? Or for robbing and thieving 50% of peoples' incomes to pay for a bunch of worthless pen pushers to retire at 50 on a final salary pension?

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest mattsta1964

I see there's no reference to points for muggers, drug dealers, illegal immigrants, vandals etc. Nice to see they've gone for the easy target of the motorist again :angry:

Yes. I noticed that too. They can rest assured, I wont be making any contribution. I never went walking in Snowdonia again after the last speeding ticket. I shall continue to deprive the Welsh economy of my hard earned cash indefinitely. I will shortly repeat this exercise by leaving the UK.

HOLA447

One fringe benefit of points systems like this is that they can bring predicable patterns to police behaviour. The US traffic cops have similar quota systems and when they need to meet their quota at the end of the month they start to get tough and pull people for the vaugest of offences.

So if you want to speed, you check the date and don't if it's towards the end of the month, if you want to test the top speed of your 1200cc motobike, you do it on the 1st :lol:

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest mattsta1964

Slow day on the HPC news front, eh?

Bit quiet today isn't it! :D

Even doom mongers like me are having a day off! I'm feeling quite cheerful actually!

HOLA4411