House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
beaky

Where Does All The Money Come From

Has anyone noticed how the million plus house price is spreading. There were at least four properties in the Morpeth post code area with asking prices topping a million and one topping 3 million. Two have been sold or are under offer.

As far as I understand it around 25% of the working work force up here are in the public sector. Since Newcastle is the regional centre I would guess that the percentage there is even higher. The view used to be (when we manufactured things) that every production job supported two/three other jobs. I wonder if this applies to the public sector jobs. It must to some extent. If you add in state pensioners, unemployed, people on disability support etc etc I guess Tyneside works for one man - good old Gordon.

My friends and I who are all retired or close to and who all originate from mid-tyne towns took a straw poll on people we know in work. We could think of one in manufacturing - Nissan. There could have been two but the other emigrated to Australia.

The point is if the money essentially comes from Government what happens when he can't squeeze any more taxes and the country starts importing oil and gas on a serious scale. What happens to the house price bubble in this area?

The point is if the money essentially comes from Government what happens when he can't squeeze any more taxes and the country starts importing oil and gas on a serious scale. What happens to the house price bubble in this area?

You're starting to think there Beaky.

You shouldnt do that. It'll only make you unhappy.

Go and get a loan out and buy a flat screen TV or something.

Distract youself from the reality of the situation.

Thats what everyone else is doing.