House Price Crash Forum

Business Leaders Seek 'unlimited Immigration' From New Eu States

HOLA441

Nothing in principle. I think you will be in a very small minority of posters on this forum that have one. How can you not have time to clean? Are you a complete scruff or do you see cleaning as being below you?

Yeah, unless you have a very big family, you should have time to clean, or time to be more tidy. Having a cleaner makes you sound a little too 'bourgeoisie'.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

You have a cleaner? I think you've lost any credibility that I doubt you ever had. Lazy!

If you can afford to waste money on a cleaner, then I doubt very much that being able to afford a house in which to live is an issue for you.

What's wrong with having a cleaner.? We have one. She comes once a week, does 2 hrs [£15], including ironing the shirts that my partner wears every day for work. We both work hard, partner commutes 3.5 hrs a day, we hate ironing, and have better things to do in the 2 days we have free at weekend than cleaning the [rented] house.

The £60 we spend on her is not much more than many households spend on Sky, with all the sports/movie channels

Edited by jp1

HOLA443
Guest pioneer31

They only wnat em in so they can pay em peanuts whilst btl's cram five of em to a room and of course it will be allowed.

A very simple yet straight-to-the-point comment,

I agree.

build more capacity in terms of schools hosiptals roads houses infrastructure and services for the new taxpayers with the money they bring in! bingo - the economy keeps growing and HPC never materialises! yippee!

More this, increase that

Gosh it's so simple. Wonder why nobody else though of that :rolleyes:

HOLA444

Yeah, unless you have a very big family, you should have time to clean, or time to be more tidy. Having a cleaner makes you sound a little too 'bourgeoisie'.

both me and my partner work and its nice to come home to a freshly cleaned house once a week and have all my shirts ironed.

loads of people do this, particularly in London. maybe not in Bradford!

HOLA445
Guest pioneer31

Fear of change and xenophobia. Generally results from a low intellect. The problem I have with people like this is not really their politics. They are just so goddam dumb. And dumbness is irritating.

just counting down the minutes until you scream 'racism'

and what makes you an expert in human intelligence?

Ummmmm, the Dutch have perceived problems with (mainly) Muslim people who do not or cannot adapt rapidly to life in a western, Christian democracy. They will adapt, but it will take several generations. Like the bulk of Bangladeshi/Pakistani immigrants over here. I come from Bedford and I remember my mum telling me how much ‘scandal’ there was when a load of Italians came over after WW2 to work in Stewartby brickworks. They are now one of the best integrated and prosperous groups in Bedford. It takes time!!!! Stop being so short term.

But more importantly, the Poles are mobile. They are here on a short term basis while their economy is poor and ours is strong. They will leave when that is not the case. Do you remember Auf Wiedersehen Pet? About English builders working in Germany? How many do you think there are still over there? About none I expect. If (and in my view, when) the UK economy goes tits up, they will leave to find new opportunities. Unlike a whole bunch of immigrants from other countries who will be forced, by circumstances and lack of other options, to stay and consume benefits.

Your whole viewpoint is flawed and influenced by the media. Poles and other Eastern Europeans are by far and away the best types of immigrant. They share similar belief systems, are educated and are young and active. If we are to address the challenge of an aging UK population, we need immigrants and these people represent the cream of the crop. In my view, we should be wary of more unskilled Pakistanis/Bangladeshi’s – who are the alternative. This is not because I have anything against Pakistanis/Bangladeshi’s, but as a group they do seem to under achieve economically, thus we get more ‘bang for our buck’ with the Poles.

careful now

racism, xenophobia, stereotyping, all creeping in there

Edited by pioneer31

HOLA446

just counting down the minutes until you scream 'racism'

and what makes you an expert in human intelligence?

careful now

I agree. The prejudice people show on here is not at all related to how intelligent they are.

It’s more of an illness, a desease in the brain if you like. I feel sorry for them!

HOLA447

I agree. The prejudice people show on here is not at all related to how intelligent they are.

It’s more of an illness, a desease in the brain if you like. I feel sorry for them!

i love immigrants and the more the merrier. The sooner the old britain dies the better.

HOLA448

Do you understand the word prejudice ?

"Prejudice is, as the name implies, the process of "pre-judging" something. In general, it implies coming to a judgment on the subject before learning where the preponderance of the evidence actually lies, or formation of a judgement without direct or actual experience. Holding a politically unpopular view is not in itself prejudice, and not all politically popular views are free of prejudice. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prejudice"

Looking at your train/bus/tube/rush hour traffic house prices etc and thinking where is the space for unlimited immigration (up to 5 million, 10 , 50 ?) is not prejudice, it is just common sense.

I feel sorry for people who do not understand the English language and use words who they do not understand.

i love immigrants and the more the merrier.

All of them ? Even Germaine Lindsay ? Personally I wish he had stayed in Jamica.

HOLA449

That is rubbish. Only the xenophophic, paranoid dutch talk about the poles/turks in the same breath. You get ignorant fools everywhere - and holland is no exceptioon. Anyhow, it is hardly open warfare on the streets of Rotterdam anyway.

This is one of my points. You fail to calculate the resistance you will meet. There were enough of these 'xenophophic, paranoid dutch', as you call them, to vote the EU constitution out of existence.

I am not against immigration per se. But I am against the open-door policy. It affects my daily life and my livelihood now. I don't care much for the good of the country if I don't profit also. What would be the point? Only dreamers sacrifice their own lives for a greater good they will never benefit from.

HOLA4410

both me and my partner work and its nice to come home to a freshly cleaned house once a week and have all my shirts ironed.

I think you're right. North-South divide anyone? You may want rid of the "Old Britain" as you put it, but a lot of us that can actually be bothered to Iron our own shirts do not want Britain to change.

HOLA4411

What has Bradford got to do with anything?

I lived in London for 6 years between 2000 and late 2005, held down a job as a software developer for a city bank (while my wife was also working) and we managed to clean a flat and iron our own clothes. If you are so busy, surely you can't be spending enough time in the flat (2 bed?) to really mess it up.

Sounds like you have poor time management skills to me!

HOLA4412

Do you understand the word prejudice ?

"Prejudice is, as the name implies, the process of "pre-judging" something. In general, it implies coming to a judgment on the subject before learning where the preponderance of the evidence actually lies, or formation of a judgement without direct or actual experience. Holding a politically unpopular view is not in itself prejudice, and not all politically popular views are free of prejudice. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prejudice"

Looking at your train/bus/tube/rush hour traffic house prices etc and thinking where is the space for unlimited immigration (up to 5 million, 10 , 50 ?) is not prejudice, it is just common sense.

I feel sorry for people who do not understand the English language and use words who they do not understand.

All of them ? Even Germaine Lindsay ? Personally I wish he had stayed in Jamica.

Dude, you need to take a chill pill.

I know what Prejudice means thank you very much!!!!!

I was refering to the numerous posters who seem to judge all immigrants under the same breath with their sweeping generalised statements.

If this is you, then i'm talking about you! - If not, then i am not.

HOLA4413

What has Bradford got to do with anything?

I lived in London for 6 years between 2000 and late 2005, held down a job as a software developer for a city bank (while my wife was also working) and we managed to clean a flat and iron our own clothes. If you are so busy, surely you can't be spending enough time in the flat (2 bed?) to really mess it up.

Sounds like you have poor time management skills to me!

cash rich , time poor. and i'd rather not spend 1/2 a day a week of my leisure time doing chores such as cleaning my flat and ironing. For around £25 a week its a simple cost benefit analysis and provides an immigrant with much needed work!

HOLA4414

Nothing in principle. I think you will be in a very small minority of posters on this forum that have one. How can you not have time to clean? Are you a complete scruff or do you see cleaning as being below you?

Who cares if he has a cleaner or not? I prefer not to spend my spare time scrubbing the shitter so I pay an illegal immigrant a pittance to do it while I do something else.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

cash rich , time poor. and i'd rather not spend 1/2 a day a week of my leisure time doing chores such as cleaning my flat and ironing. For around £25 a week its a simple cost benefit analysis and provides an immigrant with much needed work!

Someone give this person a medal. How nice of you to help out an immigrant by asking them to scrub the $hit from your Y-Fronts.

I bet you tell them to know their place too don't you?

It's becoming clear now. You and Jackalope just want immigrants so they can clear up after you. I bet you leave nice skids in the pan for them don't you?

This argument about the natives not willing to do the jobs that immigrants will do is true. We aren't willing to degrade ourselves by cleaning up for you whilst you go meet your leftie mates for a £4.50 mug of chocha mocha latte.

HOLA4417

Dude, you need to take a chill pill.

I know what Prejudice means thank you very much!!!!!

I was refering to the numerous posters who seem to judge all immigrants under the same breath with their sweeping generalised statements.

If this is you, then i'm talking about you! - If not, then i am not.

Like whom ? Most people seem to take the view that we have a space shortage -I have had problems walking on the street it was so crowded - Personally I have no problem with immigration just a) it can not be unlimited B) no chavs (we have too many of our own) and c) as there number of potential immigrants is unlimited perhaps we should only have people who are not likely to blow us up.

Sadly there are a lot of people who think that this is racist.

HOLA4418

This argument about the natives not willing to do the jobs that immigrants will do is true. We aren't willing to degrade ourselves by cleaning up for you whilst you go meet your leftie mates for a £4.50 mug of chocha mocha latte.

very funny! the reason why we need immigrants is because of chippy attitudes like that. what's wrong with being a cleaner - its not slavery! And its good that somepeople are willing to do it.

and i don't go and meet "my leftie mates" . i'm a Tory , it doesn't mean i'm against immigrants. Don't assume. or maybe i'm part of the metropolitan elite, yes that's it, it's all fancy coffee and people with foreign cleaners down here.

not like that up north is it?

i think you'll find many people in Yorkshire also have immigrant cleaners, i don't get what's so bad about it!

HOLA4419

Don't assume. or maybe i'm part of the metropolitan elite, yes that's it, it's all fancy coffee and people with foreign cleaners down here.

He's pulling your leg there. You can't move for brand name coffeeshops in central London, in fact just emerge from any tube station in Zone 1 and there is sure to be (at least) one within 200m of the station exit!

I don't think everyone has cleaners in London. It must be 50% or less, otherwise the cleaners would be cleaning each others houses (hey, I might send that one into Gordon, might keep him in office another couple of days)! Maybe people in London are so dirty they need cleaners as they can't physically shift all the grime by themselves ;)

HOLA4420
I can't think of a single other nation that would have accepted the kind of mass immigration we've seen without riots in the streets, but even the British won't put up with it forever.

Thats because you are stupid..

Most western European nations have MORE immigrants than the UK..

I getting tired of repeating myself so..

From: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;#entry370219

Germany

======

German 91.5%, Turkish 2.4%, other 6.1% (made up largely of Greek, Italian, Polish, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish)

UK

==

white (of which English 83.6%, Scottish 8.6%, Welsh 4.9%, Northern Irish 2.9%) 92.1%, black 2%, Indian 1.8%, Pakistani 1.3%, mixed 1.2%, other 1.6% (2001 census).

Netherlands

========

Dutch 83%, other 17% (of which 9% are non-Western origin mainly Turks, Moroccans, Antilleans, Surinamese, and Indonesians) (1999 est.)

Switzerland > 20% of residents are foreigners..

France has similar numbers to the UK

"Within Western Europe in 2000, migrant stocks as a percentage of the total population of key countries

were the following: the United Kingdom (6.8 percent); France (10.6 percent); Germany (9 percent);

Denmark (5.7 percent), Iceland (5.6 percent); Sweden (11.2 percent); Norway (6.7 percent); Italy (2.2

percent); Netherlands (9.6 percent); Ireland (8.1 percent); Spain (3.2 percent); Portugal (2.3 percent);

Austria (9.4 percent); Belgium (8.6 percent); and Switzerland (25.1 percent) (United Nations Population

Division 2002). Although for most of countries listed here (save for Sweden and Switzerland), the

percentage of migrants are not as high major migrant destinations like Australia, the United States, or

Canada, these migrant stock levels are at (or approaching) historical peaks."

Yes the Uk is one of the few countries which has allowed citizens of the new EU-countries the right to work/live here.. But that is pretty recent and still doesnt mean that the Uk has a higher overall proportion than most other European countries.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;#entry350484

"Top 10 Negative Net Migrant Annual Flow (Annual Average 1995-2000)

(-381,000) China

(-340,000) Democratic Republic of the Congo

(-310,000) Mexico

(-280,000) India

(-200,000) Kazakstan

(-190,000) Philippines

(-180,000) Indonesia

(-100,000) Ukraine

(-91,000) Iran

(-80,000) Egypt and Burundi

Top 10 Positive Net Migrant Annual Flow (Annual Average 1995-2000)

(1,250,000) United States

(395,000) Rwanda

(287,000) Russia

(185,000) Germany

(144,000) Canada

(118,000) Italy

(103,000) Australia

(100,000) Bosnia and Herzegovina

(99,000) SAR Hong Kong

(95,000) United Kingdom"

http://www.yorku.ca/yciss/publications/WP2...tandGrayson.pdf

For example, while

the developed world was home to almost 60 percent of the world’s migrant stock in 2000, less developed

regions absorbed 81 percent of the world’s refugees (UN Populations Division 2002). In 2000, Pakistan

was host to 2,001,000 refugees and Iran 1,868,000. Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia have over 1,172,000

refugees combined (UN Populations Division 2002). Rwanda has had the second largest average annual influx of migrants (395,000) in the world over the past five years (UN Populations Division 2002).

Countries like Saudi Arabia (25.8 percent); Bahrain (39.8 percent); Qatar (72.4 percent); Kuwait (57.9

percent); and the United Arab Emirates (73.8 percent) have large migrant stocks due to labour needswhich are filled by foreign guest workers from countries like India, Pakistan, and the Philippines (UN

Populations Division 2002).

Edited by Wuluf

HOLA4421

Ummmmm, the Dutch have perceived problems with (mainly) Muslim people who do not or cannot adapt rapidly to life in a western, Christian democracy. They will adapt, but it will take several generations. Like the bulk of Bangladeshi/Pakistani immigrants over here.

you really are having a laugh!!!!

My mum lives in Luton and one family friend lives there and is in the army.

Because of the Iraq stuff there are now districts of Luton where if he were to set foot he will be killed....this is no joke.I'm being deadly serious.

so don't think for one minute we have happy-clappy harmony over here.some of the guys I went to college with have been filmed on (bbc)TV touting their views for al-mahajaroun.

houston,we have a problem.

HOLA4422

Thats because you are stupid..

Most western European nations have MORE immigrants than the UK..

I getting tired of repeating myself so..

From: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;#entry370219

Germany

======

German 91.5%, Turkish 2.4%, other 6.1% (made up largely of Greek, Italian, Polish, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish)

UK

==

white (of which English 83.6%, Scottish 8.6%, Welsh 4.9%, Northern Irish 2.9%) 92.1%, black 2%, Indian 1.8%, Pakistani 1.3%, mixed 1.2%, other 1.6% (2001 census).

Netherlands

========

Dutch 83%, other 17% (of which 9% are non-Western origin mainly Turks, Moroccans, Antilleans, Surinamese, and Indonesians) (1999 est.)

Switzerland > 20% of residents are foreigners..

France has similar numbers to the UK

"Within Western Europe in 2000, migrant stocks as a percentage of the total population of key countries

were the following: the United Kingdom (6.8 percent); France (10.6 percent); Germany (9 percent);

Denmark (5.7 percent), Iceland (5.6 percent); Sweden (11.2 percent); Norway (6.7 percent); Italy (2.2

percent); Netherlands (9.6 percent); Ireland (8.1 percent); Spain (3.2 percent); Portugal (2.3 percent);

Austria (9.4 percent); Belgium (8.6 percent); and Switzerland (25.1 percent) (United Nations Population

Division 2002). Although for most of countries listed here (save for Sweden and Switzerland), the

percentage of migrants are not as high major migrant destinations like Australia, the United States, or

Canada, these migrant stock levels are at (or approaching) historical peaks."

Yes the Uk is one of the few countries which has allowed citizens of the new EU-countries the right to work/live here.. But that is pretty recent and still doesnt mean that the Uk has a higher overall proportion than most other European countries.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;#entry350484

"Top 10 Negative Net Migrant Annual Flow (Annual Average 1995-2000)

(-381,000) China

(-340,000) Democratic Republic of the Congo

(-310,000) Mexico

(-280,000) India

(-200,000) Kazakstan

(-190,000) Philippines

(-180,000) Indonesia

(-100,000) Ukraine

(-91,000) Iran

(-80,000) Egypt and Burundi

Top 10 Positive Net Migrant Annual Flow (Annual Average 1995-2000)

(1,250,000) United States

(395,000) Rwanda

(287,000) Russia

(185,000) Germany

(144,000) Canada

(118,000) Italy

(103,000) Australia

(100,000) Bosnia and Herzegovina

(99,000) SAR Hong Kong

(95,000) United Kingdom"

http://www.yorku.ca/yciss/publications/WP2...tandGrayson.pdf

For example, while

the developed world was home to almost 60 percent of the world’s migrant stock in 2000, less developed

regions absorbed 81 percent of the world’s refugees (UN Populations Division 2002). In 2000, Pakistan

was host to 2,001,000 refugees and Iran 1,868,000. Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia have over 1,172,000

refugees combined (UN Populations Division 2002). Rwanda has had the second largest average annual influx of migrants (395,000) in the world over the past five years (UN Populations Division 2002).

Countries like Saudi Arabia (25.8 percent); Bahrain (39.8 percent); Qatar (72.4 percent); Kuwait (57.9

percent); and the United Arab Emirates (73.8 percent) have large migrant stocks due to labour needswhich are filled by foreign guest workers from countries like India, Pakistan, and the Philippines (UN

Populations Division 2002).

Those figures are really dubious. Do you really believe that more people from a 3rd country migrated to Bosnia in the UK during that time ? I think they are confusing returnees with migrants which are slightly different.

Though it is true that we have a lower percentage of immigrants, particulary muslim immigrants than France or Holland and considering what happened in France last year and considering what happened to Theo Van Gogh I am very pleased about that ! Aren't you ?

Also a lot of the countries you mentioned France, Germany, Sweden etc have lower population densities than England.

Of course we do have a lot more immigrants particulary muslim immigrants than some European countries eg Poland I have a friend who teaches there and he told me they are not at all worried about suicide bombers unlike us - I wonder why ? Strangely no one ever mentions this - you will not see anywhere on MSM.

HOLA4423

I live in a city with a very large international college, and a university.

In the past British Students subsidised their grants by taking a part time job, sometimes two partime jobs.

Today, Students have to pay their way, they do not get a grant unless they are from overseas, or Europe in which case the EU pays for them.

However in the past two years they have found it impossible to get part time work to fund their studies, and the reason is that there are no jobs.

No casual jobs, or part time jobs, yet the place is overun with foreigners just like many other cities working for low wages in our shops, cafe's and farms.

The result of this is that many British Students are now giving up the idea of further education.

Is it any suprise that now have an illiterate workforce?.

And who's fault is that?.

Get this shambles of a Government out of this country before Enochs vision of the future comes true and we all pay the price.

HOLA4424

i love immigrants and the more the merrier. The sooner the old britain dies the better.

Yup, could not agree more.

And you know what? This site is not supposed to be a 'socialist love in' - it is supposed to be about the ecomonics of the housing market.

Cuckoo has a cleaner. That does not make him/her bourgeoisie. It means however that he/her can AFFORD one. Which most of the people whining here about immigration cannot. Because they have rubbish jobs. Because they are dumb and act like victims all the time. In fact, they are the very people that will be out competed by immigrants. How ironic.

HOLA4425