House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chiefduffer

Hinckley- Birmingham-leicester Area Help!

Anyone know anything about Hinckley or any other towns in between Birmingham-Leicester-Coventry area? May be considering a job near Leicester and I just want to get the lowdown on the market around this area. Basically, need to look for something with good schools, reasonable size (preferably town or suburban), good train links etc. etc. Budget could be anything between 170K-350K (depends on whether I sell existing or move to a BTL). Prefer older style houses- pre 1930.

Anyone know anything about Hinckley or any other towns in between Birmingham-Leicester-Coventry area? May be considering a job near Leicester and I just want to get the lowdown on the market around this area. Basically, need to look for something with good schools, reasonable size (preferably town or suburban), good train links etc. etc. Budget could be anything between 170K-350K (depends on whether I sell existing or move to a BTL). Prefer older style houses- pre 1930.

Hinckley is a typical British town with not alot going for it. It has a station I think its just on the line from Leicester and Birmingham. The town used to be known for its hosiery and shoes but the factories have nearly all closed, where the factories were they've put up lots of apartments much like any other town. I cant comment on schools . If you bought you'd come under Leicestershire county council , what a shower.

If you like football you can get to Leicester or Coventry pretty quickly. Hinckley Town have a nice new ground off the A47.

I hope this helps.

Try Loughborough. J23 of the M1, with rails good rail links. Not too expensive either and has good amenities.

Thanks to both posters. Question- What's Loughborough like for families tho? I imagine its got a lot going on for students but is it a bit rowdy for young kids?

Is Hinckley really quiet?

What about Market Harborough or Kirby Muxloe?

What's the problem with Leicester county council?

Questions questions.

Coming from South East I can't believe how cheap houses are in East Midlands!!!

Thanks to both posters. Question- What's Loughborough like for families tho? I imagine its got a lot going on for students but is it a bit rowdy for young kids?

Is Hinckley really quiet?

What about Market Harborough or Kirby Muxloe?

What's the problem with Leicester county council?

Questions questions.

Coming from South East I can't believe how cheap houses are in East Midlands!!!

Its me again , dont know much about Market Harborough its not my area , Kirby Muxloe is very nice but pricey , youll get a lot of noise from the M1 , and its going to get worse because they are going to widen it to 4 lanes very shortly. Why not try a village like botcheston or Desford . Kirby Mallory is nice as well.

Leicestershire County Council are arseholes, they couldnt run a piss up in a brewery , i hope youre job is not with local government or I ve upset you.