House Price Crash Forum
Civil Servant

Take A Holiday Realist Bear

Although Realist Bear has put some useful stuff on this site, I can't help feeling that there are way too many topics being started by one poster at the moment with the result that the site suffers somewhat. Just as we get annoyed with PermaBulls twisting every story to suit their view, so its equally annoying with a PermaBear twisting everything to their view.

If the number of mortgage applications drops from July to August, its because its the summer! Its what last August's figure was that is important.

If the BBC hasn't reported some 'vital' story within an hour, its not a conspiracy, its because some lazy toe-rag at the Beeb is chatting up the blonde from across the hall over a coffee in the canteen.

And if the Western Mail prints a gloomy story about the economy its because we Welsh are a gloomy lot (I am Welsh so should know). Its you English beating us at Rugby all the time that gets us down.

Get out a bit more. Or at least get over to Singing Pig a bit where you might see the other perspective from time to time.

Can't we have flow control or a limit to the number of topics one can start on any single day? Sometimes the endless flow of new topics from the most prolific posters means that more thoughtful contributions slip down the page into obscurity - to the detriment of debate on this site.

Although Realist Bear has put some useful stuff on this site, I can't help feeling that there are way too many topics being started by one poster at the moment with the result that the site suffers somewhat. Just as we get annoyed with PermaBulls twisting every story to suit their view, so its equally annoying with a PermaBear twisting everything to their view.

If the number of mortgage applications drops from July to August, its because its the summer! Its what last August's figure was that is important.

If the BBC hasn't reported some 'vital' story within an hour, its not a conspiracy, its because some lazy toe-rag at the Beeb is chatting up the blonde from across the hall over a coffee in the canteen.

And if the Western Mail prints a gloomy story about the economy its because we Welsh are a gloomy lot (I am Welsh so should know). Its you English beating us at Rugby all the time that gets us down.

Get out a bit more. Or at least get over to Singing Pig a bit where you might see the other perspective from time to time.

Can't we have flow control or a limit to the number of topics one can start on any single day? Sometimes the endless flow of new topics from the most prolific posters means that more thoughtful contributions slip down the page into obscurity - to the detriment of debate on this site.

freedom of speech.

are you a moderator? what's your beef, carry on posting RB it saves me looking for articles on the subject they can all be found here through RB.

keep up the good work!

I like RB post's because in the main they are links to sources of info, thankfully not from VI's.

You could ignore his slant on the item and read the article and make your own mind up?

There has been a lot of bearish news coming from the US of late.

All in all a good source of info I think.

Guest wrongmove

I have to agree with much of what you say CS - I have made similar comments on other threads today. Surely the news stories could be placed in the news blog or grouped together in less threads. At the time of wriring, 6 of the top 12 threads are from one poster.

RB is a very dedicated member of this forum and supplies many interesting links, but his attempts to dominate the board with his point of view are tedious and undemocratic IMHO.

I know that many here are big fans of RB, but a forum should be for discussion, so that posters/lurkers can perform research and make up their own minds, not just to have one posters "party line" rammed down their throats.

However, I don't believe in censorship. If this is to become the RB blog, rather than the HPC Forum it used to be, then so be it. There are other forums where discussion and true debate do still exist, and where RB's tactics would soon get him ridiculed, banned, or at the very least, his threads would be merged. (No I don't just mean 'the other place' :P )

I like RB post's because in the main they are links to sources of info, thankfully not from VI's.

You could ignore his slant on the item and read the article and make your own mind up?

There has been a lot of bearish news coming from the US of late.

All in all a good source of info I think.

With all respect, if you didn't like RB's posts, you would have already voted with your feet. I personally have no problem with him posting links, it's just the amount of board space he consumes. Any visitors here will assume that RB is the "party line". If they like it, they will stay, if they don't they will move on. This is undemocratic and not, IMHO, what the HPC forum was set up for.

Hmm, the rebellion begins.

I much prefer reading RBs different posts than you lot making the same boring posts last 7-8 pages long.

I'm not trying to censor anyone - RB included (and no I'm not a mod). I welcome his posts and his views.

But if one were limited to starting say, 5 threads in one day, then it would enable other's views to be seen and heard a little more clearly rather than drowned out by the continual flow of new threads from a few of the same posters.

Sometimes an 'unknown' poster plucks up courage and pins a new thread but it disappears within 15 minutes because of the continual barrage of new threads.

Some of the most prolific posters have views I want to hear, but they might be more interesting still if they were condensed into a smaller number of more considered posts.

I'm not trying to censor anyone - RB included (and no I'm not a mod). I welcome his posts and his views.

But if one were limited to starting say, 5 threads in one day, then it would enable other's views to be seen and heard a little more clearly rather than drowned out by the continual flow of new threads from a few of the same posters.

Sometimes an 'unknown' poster plucks up courage and pins a new thread but it disappears within 15 minutes because of the continual barrage of new threads.

Some of the most prolific posters have views I want to hear, but they might be more interesting still if they were condensed into a smaller number of more considered posts.

I’ve personally been coming here more regularly because of the excellent posts of RB. The info here at present is second to none. I feel at present we are at an important turning point in sentiment and I for one applaud RB for his/her tireless efforts.

Thank you

Ade :D

Guest wrongmove

Why don't we give RB their own forum area?

I am tempted to say thet he already has one - The Main Forum :P - but I think you have a very good idea.

I cannot agree with you on this one Civil Servant. Realist Bear starts plenty of topics but they are consistantly good. Do you also condemn Bach for being prolific?

I cannot agree with you on this one Civil Servant. Realist Bear starts plenty of topics but they are consistantly good. Do you also condemn Bach for being prolific?

Indeed..........Woof, woof!

A tad unfair, he's a prolific poster and uncovers the odd gem, consider his find today from fortune mag/cnn. Yes he may have countless subscriptions with google email alerts running, but his finds are good IMHO. Ocassionally he saves me a bit of graft too.. ;) Duller resource without him on here and he always argues his corner well without stooping to the petty name calling others are often guilty of when disagreeing with him, top poster.

Guest wrongmove

RB keep up the good work it saves us lazy b****** doing the leg work and as another poster said FREEDOM OF SPEECH !

If you swallow anyone's view whole you are, dare a say it, a sheep. Once HPC was a refuge for free thinkers but it is becoming home of crash VI "sheeple".

DYOR !! :P

RB is a very dedicated member of this forum and supplies many interesting links, but his attempts to dominate the board with his point of view are tedious and undemocratic IMHO.

Seconded.

RB makes good posts. He also makes poor ones where he spins as badly as any VI (he thinks it's anti VI spin but spin is spin and 2 wrongs don't make a right) and where he displays terrible logic.

I like the limit idea not because I feel RB dominates too much but because it would hopefully force him to improve the overall quality of his posts.

Edited by Bucephalus

Who cares, you don't have to read his stuff. Personally l think he's wired into the site server, just a brain in a jar with a usb port for company.

Wrongmove..drop the undemocratic stuff eh, its a website not a parish council. If we all voted for you to sod off, would you go? j/k but a site is what the posters make it. If you wanna have more influence, no-ones stopping you post.

Guest wrongmove

Wrongmove..drop the undemocratic stuff eh, its a website not a parish council. If we all voted for you to sod off, would you go? j/k but a site is what the posters make it. If you wanna have more influence, no-ones stopping you post.

Make your mind up DH. I am posting my view !

By undemocratic, I mean that RB effectively pushes other posters efforts down the board so his view can dominate. I have repeatedly said that I do not support censoring RB, I just think that the debate here is drying up to be replaced by RB's newsblog.

I feel this is a shame because over the years I have learnt much from this board. I already know that RB is a biased VI (he wants to buy a cheap house, like me), I do not need it repeated in literally ever other thread.

Things aren't 'twisted' when links are provided to the original source material.. for the flip side of the argument, if there is one left, go to a site without the word 'crash' in its URL.

If you swallow anyone's view whole you are, dare a say it, a sheep. Once HPC was a refuge for free thinkers but it is becoming home of crash VI "sheeple".

DYOR !! :P

Did i say that i agrred with all his views? no what i did say is that there should be no restriction on the his posts as far as being a sheep far from it made a fortune lost a fortune learned a lot of lessons on the way but i will always listen to someone's point of view. :)

Guest wrongmove

Did i say that i agrred with all his views? no what i did say is that there should be no restriction on the his posts as far as being a sheep far from it made a fortune lost a fortune learned a lot of lessons on the way but i will always listen to someone's point of view. :)

I have repeatedly said that I am against censorship.

BTW, if you want to"dig up" lots of articles on housing, just set up an alert at Google news - it isn't rocket science !

http://www.google.com/alerts?hl=en&q=house+prices

:lol: