House Price Crash Forum

North Manchester

dave14

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

What areas Dave?

Do you have any links to show some examples?

If I'm right , the desirable end of Manchester is South Manchester (Didsbury , nice parts of levenshulme (?) ) basically where Cold Feet got filmed.

North Manchester was where people turned when South Manchester started getting too expensive, also helped by the tram link up thru the north side, despite all the estates etc. Basically people will wait for South Manchester prices to come within reach (either thru savings/pay rises or real falls) if that looks possible, which it may well do so now. funny , parts of North Manchester took a bath in the early 90s could a similar thing be happening again, less desirable areas crash the hardest and most spectacularly? currently, as far as I'm aware in Leeds (where the N is desirable and the S side less so, opposite way round here) I'm not aware of the equivalent happening, as yet.

HOLA444

If I'm right , the desirable end of Manchester is South Manchester (Didsbury , nice parts of levenshulme (?) ) basically where Cold Feet got filmed.

North Manchester was where people turned when South Manchester started getting too expensive, also helped by the tram link up thru the north side, despite all the estates etc. Basically people will wait for South Manchester prices to come within reach (either thru savings/pay rises or real falls) if that looks possible, which it may well do so now. funny , parts of North Manchester took a bath in the early 90s could a similar thing be happening again, less desirable areas crash the hardest and most spectacularly? currently, as far as I'm aware in Leeds (where the N is desirable and the S side less so, opposite way round here) I'm not aware of the equivalent happening, as yet.

HOLA445

i think i pressed wrong button, the area is Whitefield 8 miles north cit centre, good location. some parts have million pound houses. flats that i mentioned had banner up last year from 189000, called the atrium. look in rightmove M45.

terraces 5 years ago about 45k, now 120-130, but have noticed last 12 months harder to sell, local to me was 137 now reduced 117k. still not sold. next door to me 12 months to sell. btls have gone ithink and flats were more expensive than semis not anymore.

• 1 month later...
HOLA446

i think i pressed wrong button, the area is Whitefield 8 miles north cit centre, good location. some parts have million pound houses. flats that i mentioned had banner up last year from 189000, called the atrium. look in rightmove M45.

terraces 5 years ago about 45k, now 120-130, but have noticed last 12 months harder to sell, local to me was 137 now reduced 117k. still not sold. next door to me 12 months to sell. btls have gone ithink and flats were more expensive than semis not anymore.

one of the flats is now in an auction

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA447
HOLA448

not sure that consitutes a crash! the drop in price of £20k for one house in North Manchester is hardly scientific is it - it couldnt be down to any number of reasons.

As for your assertion that you "have noticed last 12 months harder to sell" - give this guy a prize!!!!

HOLA449

not sure that consitutes a crash! the drop in price of £20k for one house in North Manchester is hardly scientific is it - it couldnt be down to any number of reasons.

As for your assertion that you "have noticed last 12 months harder to sell" - give this guy a prize!!!!

He prob dropped the price as it was inflated anyway, the agent they went with most likely was the one that gave them the highest valuation. North manchester market is hugely varies, look at moston...some very nice houses fetching high prices, 250 metres away boarded up squats.