House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest UK Debt Slave

Boris Johnson In Telegraph Yesterday

Guest mattsta1964

Boris mentioned in his assessment of the poor academic standards in the UK that the ridiculous pass rates reminded him of the Stalinists in Russia congratulating the workers for meeting their tractor production quota

I suddenly realised, the way Nu Labour lies to us about academic standards, the inflation rate and pretty well everything else is EXACTLY the same! Truly scary when you think about it ain't it!!!!!

Boris mentioned in his assessment of the poor academic standards in the UK that the ridiculous pass rates reminded him of the Stalinists in Russia congratulating the workers for meeting their tractor production quota

I suddenly realised, the way Nu Labour lies to us about academic standards, the inflation rate and pretty well everything else is EXACTLY the same! Truly scary when you think about it ain't it!!!!!

How true................Sheeple! Wake up before its too late.

Exactly the same? <_<

Comparing a modern, prosperous, democratic country to a regime which killed 20 million of its own citizens in the gulag, allowed other citizens to starve, and punished dissent with a long prison sentence at best (and a summary execution in the bowels of the lubyanka at worst) is actually quite offensive.

As I've tried to say many times on this site, try not to be so hysterical <_<

Exactly the same? <_<

Comparing a modern, prosperous, democratic country to a regime which killed 20 million of its own citizens in the gulag, allowed other citizens to starve, and punished dissent with a long prison sentence at best (and a summary execution in the bowels of the lubyanka at worst) is actually quite offensive.

The point being made was that the way Nulab lies is exactly the same as the way Stalin lied not that everything about the two societies are identical <_<

Exactly the same? <_<

Though the analagy of what he mentions isn't up for debate is it? Who's being hysterical here.

Clearly he did not compare the death figures - just academic standards.

Exactly the same? <_<

The use of faked or manipulated targets and a self-congratulatory pat on the back for achieving them-and attacks on anyone who questions their veracity- is similar, not the overall picture.

Boris Johnson is a buffoon. He was brilliant on 'Have I Got News..' and should stay there because half the fun of the programme is to take the p|$$ out of the chairman. No-one is more suitable to be made a fool of than Boris.

As to his opinions, even if I had proof positive that every word he uttered was true, I would still go round to my psychatrist to check whether I had lost my marbles.

Brilliant court jester - he is. Serious political commentator - he is not.

p

Boris Johnson is a buffoon. He was brilliant on 'Have I Got News..' and should stay there because half the fun of the programme is to take the p|$$ out of the chairman. No-one is more suitable to be made a fool of than Boris.

As to his opinions, even if I had proof positive that every word he uttered was true, I would still go round to my psychatrist to check whether I had lost my marbles.

Brilliant court jester - he is. Serious political commentator - he is not.

p

The NuLab monkey pops up again to defend its masters! :rolleyes:

The point being made was that the way Nulab lies is exactly the same as the way Stalin lied not that everything about the two societies are identical <_<

To be honest, this forum is no better.

Twice now I've tried to start a topic which concerns the BTL market and twice it's not been put on the board. It concerned the areas of the BTL market in which a LOT of LLs are making those legendary yields so often alluded to in yeasteryear. Guess the mods wanna keep the number of bulls down relative to the bears.

How can you suggest such a thing.

I think there needs to be an over sight committee where the government *(and other parties) can be held accountable for what they say.

Direct lying, bending the figures to shape opinion, attempting to deceive... all should be bought to light and if need be punished.. but certainly stopped.

It won't happen, for it is not only the government who has forgotten who it works for, so have the people.

Until they are held accountable then they will act as if they have free reign to do as they please, for the only people that empower a government are the people.

Unfortunate, no matter how intelligent a person is as an individual, the herd is a complete moron.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenew...C1-ArticlePage3

Twice now I've tried to start a topic which concerns the BTL market and twice it's not been put on the board. It concerned the areas of the BTL market in which a LOT of LLs are making those legendary yields so often alluded to in yeasteryear. Guess the mods wanna keep the number of bulls down relative to the bears.

Yeah, that really takes away from the board.

One sided, self congratulating debate gets really old really quick. People don't come here for comfort, they come for debate.

No wonder I scarcely come here anymore. It gets duller by the day.

There is another forum on the internet that will let you post the bull side of an argument, but I am not allowed to tell you where is it. Just think global.

Guest mattsta1964

Thankyou!

Blimey! And Europa is accusing me of being hysterical!!! LOL

Guest AuntJess

Well Boris Johnson can be slagged off by whoever feels like it, distracting attention from the facts of his report does not make them any the less true. He sends himself up, but there is a keen brain behind that clownish demeanour, coupled with the ability to see the wood for the trees.

I agree that academic standards are falling and I feel sorry for those embroiled in it all. I could give several accounts, first hand experience, not culled from a favourite tabloid/broadsheet, of how things are slowly inching down the scale.

Topics left off exam papers because they are difficult to learn - and teach - today, driven by the rot at the bottom of the academic tree - lack of memory skills being one.

At higher levels, students rolling up to university, particularly in subjects involving Science and Maths, without the requisite A level skills of yesteryear. University Lecturers who spend the first term, at least, teaching students the A level skills which no longer are in the A level syllabus. This is actually happening at Masters level now :o where PG students don't have the rudiments of certain mathematical/scientific knowledge.

Edited by AuntJess