House Price Crash Forum

Estate Agent

HOLA441
HOLA442

house prices go up and have been doing so for ever. its a good time to buy. it has been so it always will be.

when that changes.

house prices falling, bad time to buy,wait and see. one year on still falling, houses bad investment. have been for some time now. best not buy yet.

this is the bit the bulls dont quite get,when the sentiment and market changes prices keep going down, till it changes again.

HOLA443

Bar last night EA friend of a friend looks at me and says "why dont you buy now"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

absolutely no idea of whats around the corner F****** idiot

just smiled, ordered another pint and moved on to "look at her shes fit type of conversation"

Two of my mates bought early this year. They both continually tell me I should be jumping on too.

Mate 1: bought a crappy flat in stoke newington, really run down, but dirt cheap at £105K. He has spent the better part of a year and £25K doing it up. It may be ready for habitation by xmas. Tracker mortgage.

Mate 2: bought a nice flat in edgware, for £190K, on an IO mortgage fixed for 3 years

In my estimation, Mate 1 will be fine whereas Mate 2 is tooootally farked.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Why don't I buy now? pahhh ahhhh hhhhaaaahhhahhhahh a

mix a few p's h's and a's and you should be fine..

It does not take a nobel prise in economics to predict a bust after a boom, although there is kudos for getting the timing right..

But no educated man will claim there can be a boom without a bust, not and understand economics..

and bulls, that reply to my above statement.. its smoke that has been succesfully blown up your collective arses... I am not bent over anywhere near far enough for it to work on me.

Edited by apom

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

So I asked the milkman. And he did a shit job. So, cheers for that gem. ;):D

It actually means that the barbar is making his money from selling the haircut, and it would be foolish to ask his opinion on if you should have one or not.

Your milkman, if you were to ask him if you should oreder three times as much milk as you had last week, he will say yes..

The mortgage broker, he is not in the business of selling houses, he sells credit, and if you were to ask him if you should borrow a great deal of money over a very long term in a period of low inflation (money supply inflation is low.) he will say…?

What do you think he will say??

I know you knew what I meant... :)

HOLA4410

It actually means that the barbar is making his money from selling the haircut, and it would be foolish to ask his opinion on if you should have one or not.

Your milkman, if you were to ask him if you should oreder three times as much milk as you had last week, he will say yes..

The mortgage broker, he is not in the business of selling houses, he sells credit, and if you were to ask him if you should borrow a great deal of money over a very long term in a period of low inflation (money supply inflation is low.) he will say…?

What do you think he will say??

I know you knew what I meant... :)

An excellent rebuttal! But yes, I did get what you were saying - I was just trying to be funny. Soz. :)

HOLA4411

Bar last night EA friend of a friend looks at me and says "why dont you buy now"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

absolutely no idea of whats around the corner F****** idiot

just smiled, ordered another pint and moved on to "look at her shes fit type of conversation"

one can only hope that you are correct in your predictions.

often on here talk of the crash implies that all property accross the country will reuce by an exact amount at the same time. Some parts of the country are likely to feel a huge change in price, whereas other parts may hardly notice.

My point being it all depends on where you are planning to buy...

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

one can only hope that you are correct in your predictions.

often on here talk of the crash implies that all property accross the country will reuce by an exact amount at the same time. Some parts of the country are likely to feel a huge change in price, whereas other parts may hardly notice.

My point being it all depends on where you are planning to buy...

exactly. people make a common mistake of treating a house like a commodity or a share, and they aren't , they behave completely differently, so any "crash" will not "appear, look and feel like , say, a stock market crash. Mature property markets just do not work like that.

HOLA4414

exactly. people make a common mistake of treating a house like a commodity or a share, and they aren't , they behave completely differently, so any "crash" will not "appear, look and feel like , say, a stock market crash. Mature property markets just do not work like that.

Are you quite sure about that?

HOLA4415

Are you quite sure about that?

When the Daily Mail and Sun are saying "House Prices Crash!!!" it wont matter where you live people arent going to be paying asking price for your property. They are going to be wanting big discounts as they will know it is a buyers market and you are going to want to sell at that discount because you wont know how far the prices are going to plunge even if they say your area is going to be unaffected (can you take the risk).

HOLA4416

When the Daily Mail and Sun are saying "House Prices Crash!!!" it wont matter where you live people arent going to be paying asking price for your property. They are going to be wanting big discounts as they will know it is a buyers market and you are going to want to sell at that discount because you wont know how far the prices are going to plunge even if they say your area is going to be unaffected (can you take the risk).

Hi Adi,

I was actually challenging Cuckoo's post. I do not agree with his POV.

I do agree completely with yours. I should have made my sarcasm clearer - apologies ;)

HOLA4417