House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shedfish

Mid Staffs

Nice Graphs, :D

My area is similar http://www.home.co.uk/guides/house_prices_...&lastyear=1

Not much going on really Re: HPI

And with the repos coming in and continuing to do so the upward rise will not be happening for at least another year. Keep saving folks and get good communication going with the EA's as time in on our side.

Edited by music man

Guest Shedfish

damn right

mind you i am getting impatient.

must

not

crack

need... garden, ah

frustrating that terraces in my neck of the woods don't seem to have budged a groat... but definitely a lot of red, especially in the volumes

sale signs appearing all over lately. can't move for em

Edited by Shedfish

mmmm lots of red there , and i thought property only went up :D

Shedfish , have you changed your picture ?

Edited by grey shark

Guest Shedfish

mmmm lots of red there , and i thought property only went up :D

Shedfish , have you changed your picture ?

yeh, i get restless... :)

(distant harp... felicity kendal)

must have garden... fake lake on runners... monorail... japanese women in furry bikinis

reckon by 2008 i can pick up a 4 bedroom lair of some kind for about £115k (500,000 USD by then..)

(wavy dream sequence ends with a bump. harp now played by zoe wannamaker. my cartoon structural afterthought of a flat swims back into view. the only good thing about it is its size, and that it's currently not being bombed)

but irritatingly, terraced houses in my neck of the woods seem static. my ambitions are low - i'd settle for not seeing a big factory that buzzes like a fridge night and day, when i open the door, and for that door to be at ground level. and for a main road to be further than 7 feet from my bedroom window.

(harp... russel grant this time.. "Scorpios... some ******* nicked your planet today"

ah, it was all a dream... :)

Guest Shedfish

more price reductions... a couple of 5 % -ers

a bunch of crap flats on for a year. no movement.

and one place i watched for a year. for sale for 9 months at 120k

sold for 100k this may

now in the rental section of RM, still there today, 425 pm

local EAs now majoring in LTB

i wait. ironing my pointy collar...

Edited by Shedfish

Guest Shedfish

as apparent sole spokesthing for mid staffs on here i'll continue to represent it more accurately in a couple of minutes than my local MP has done all his life.

update since the last post:

- several houses i've been watching have been reduced at least once. only one has an offer

- several that sold over the last year or so have appeared as 'to let', and are still vacant. the rough yield figs based on my memory of sold prices are mostly sub-4%

- a couple of STCs have fallen through and reappeared at the same price (for now)

- the number of disappearances from the market, with no sale, is off the scale

- a really shit flat has suddenly jumped from 120k to 160k asking price. yeh right.

- property section in the local rag is huge (RR alone has 5 pages). somewhat ironically the front page of said rag has a tulip promotion

there's one i've been watching for a while, a beautiful 3 storey listed building, between the church and a busy road. now IIRC...

time on market, at least 6 months

initially saw it on at 140k

mysteriously up to 150k after no offers

then up to 160k after no offers at 150k

now at auction, guide 150k

i'm so tempted to make an offer 'unseen', 100k. at worst it would give them all a laugh. no garden as such but it's beautiful inside. they took the pics down now it's on at auction, but i remember from earlier this year... loft rooms, beams...

- (edit) completely forgot to mention, the very first one i went to see, well over a year ago. house in need of TLC, fab garden. on at 122k. worth 90. i 'offered' 90 - more like suggested - after we gave the EA the slip. he said no. still on at 122k. nice chap... but stubborn apparently. the place needs work, and by now even he must realise it will never sell for that. i still have his phone number - but i wouldn't be offering 90

Edited by Shedfish

Guest Shedfish

this is the first house i ever went to see. it has been STC for at least 8 months now. it started out at 120k

a RM search with the STC box ticked still turns up the same sh!tty houses that were on STC 6 months ago. the few that sold are up for rent and still empty.

flying off the shelves indeed

is there any other Staffs folk on here? talkin to myself... be nice to get another perspective. mine is that the market is dead and prices are static at best, but my thoughts are starting to echo...

Guest Shedfish

....drivel babble yadda...

there's one i've been watching for a while, a beautiful 3 storey listed building, between the church and a busy road. now IIRC...

time on market, at least 6 months

initially saw it on at 140k

mysteriously up to 150k after no offers

then up to 160k after no offers at 150k

now at auction, guide 150k

...drivel babble yadda

the world has gone insane. then this one went like so

(continued)...now at auction, guide 150k

kept on auction advert at 150, and readvertised as a straight sale, 160k. no interest

price moved UP to 170k. no interest

currently on at 175k

link

it doesn't even have parking, or a garden

Edited by Shedfish

this is the first house i ever went to see. it has been STC for at least 8 months now. it started out at 120k

a RM search with the STC box ticked still turns up the same sh!tty houses that were on STC 6 months ago. the few that sold are up for rent and still empty.

flying off the shelves indeed

is there any other Staffs folk on here? talkin to myself... be nice to get another perspective. mine is that the market is dead and prices are static at best, but my thoughts are starting to echo...

Stoke here. I wonder if we're seeing the 1st signs of prices stalling in Stoke. I see a few places sitcking and being reduced, plus some new places coming on to the market at slightly lower prices than I'd expect. Still, way more expensive than a couple of years ago though, and too much for me to justify moving up to something bigger and better.

One set of properties I follow closely are the new(ish) builds on Trentham Lakes. There's a ruck of them for sale now (I think a lot were bought up by investors who found that they don't rent for much). What amazes me is that most are now on at 165k, however, some (seemingly identical ones) have just been bought at 175k+. Don't these people look at the prices of places for sale nearby? Hmm, which would I choose to pay!?

Guest Shedfish

i've noticed some movement in parts of Stoke too - though i've not been following it as close as stafford and stone, friends and family all around there and in south staffs.

though there are some relative bargains in and around Leek! been seriously considering it, cheddleton / wetley rocks / brown edge, but i don't know the area well. it's just far enough away to be an unknown quantity

whereabouts in Stoke are you? good to see another staffs HPC-er, my voice was starting to echo.. :)

i've noticed some movement in parts of Stoke too - though i've not been following it as close as stafford and stone, friends and family all around there and in south staffs.

though there are some relative bargains in and around Leek! been seriously considering it, cheddleton / wetley rocks / brown edge, but i don't know the area well. it's just far enough away to be an unknown quantity

whereabouts in Stoke are you? good to see another staffs HPC-er, my voice was starting to echo.. :)

I'm in Fenpark, near Longton. It's nice enough where I am but I'd prefer somewhere a little greener, so I've been looking at Barlaston, Stone, Stafford. Also, I work down South and Stafford has a good train service to London. Stafford prices do seem very high though - were they always that high in relation to Stoke or has the toll road and fast train service to London caused a bit of extra speculation, I wonder? Any idea what the average wage is in Stafford? In Stoke, it's 17k which makes the average price of 95k seem high. That said, I read in The Sentinel that more people are moving from Stoke to Stafford than vice versa.

I always tend to screen out Leek and nearby as being too far out, but some bits are quite nice n semi rural. Probably not right for me, but not a bad bet if you don't need to be too centrally-located.

Guest Shedfish

I'm in Fenpark, near Longton. It's nice enough where I am but I'd prefer somewhere a little greener, so I've been looking at Barlaston, Stone, Stafford. Also, I work down South and Stafford has a good train service to London. Stafford prices do seem very high though - were they always that high in relation to Stoke or has the toll road and fast train service to London caused a bit of extra speculation, I wonder? Any idea what the average wage is in Stafford? In Stoke, it's 17k which makes the average price of 95k seem high. That said, I read in The Sentinel that more people are moving from Stoke to Stafford than vice versa.

I always tend to screen out Leek and nearby as being too far out, but some bits are quite nice n semi rural. Probably not right for me, but not a bad bet if you don't need to be too centrally-located.

stafford is quite expensive i think for what it is... a friend of mine had a theory that you can always tell a staffordian on holiday, as they're subconsciously leaning in its direction in case they're missing something (i.e. nothing ever happens). it's ok, but nightlife in Stone is much better! go figure...? places for bands to play, friendlier people i think too. pricewise there isn't much in it between the two.

some great places for rent out in the sticks, and if nothing happens by next autumn i'll be renting a barn or something!

i believe it's been more expensive compared with Stoke for a while, but i've only been watching the market for a couple of years tops. never been in a position to buy, up until recently. they're chucking the new builds and riverside flats up like stink round here. many are still empty, so they build more. the latest lot are at the back of the 'nightclub', on the old Espleys Yard (which was a useful free car park until Knight Frank rode into town with their budgets and their bodg-its)

wages... dunno, i'll look into this. probably about the same, i get the impression the spread is quite polar, certainly all the local jobs i've ever had were near slavery. worked in stoke for a few years too, same thing. there's a lot of money in stafford, but i never saw any of it :)

i've seen some real bargains in Brown Edge and nearby. such bargains i assumed the place was a warzone or something, though looking round there it looks anything but. it (and Leek) is a bit far out for me too, i'd either like to be a drunken taxi away from family and friends, or just move away all together. stone is perfect in that respect

Guest Shedfish

data finally in... only went up to may 06 up til recently, now got august at least -

lots of red there... and the all important volumes. these are for spring / summer sales! booming my @rse

Stone

http://www.home.co.uk/guides/house_prices_...&lastyear=1

Stafford

http://www.home.co.uk/guides/house_prices_...&lastyear=1

meanwhile back in lala land, the 175k terrace that started at 130k and went up every time it got no interest is up for rent at 575 pm, unfurnished. and still on for 175k. hardly worth moving in with all me sofas...

so they've put the price up 35% in a year of 7% falls for that town. genius