House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boom'n'Bust

Overvalued' Housing Market To Cool Next Year

Overvalued' housing market to cool next year

http://investing.reuters.co.uk/news/articl...OUSING-POLL.xml

Nearly 80 percent of the analysts who answered the question -- 17 of 22 -- said the market was overvalued, up from two thirds three months ago. The rest said house prices, which have more than doubled since the late 1990s, were fairly valued.

With a shift from 66% bear to 80% bear the trend line is positive! :) It shows how sentiment is turning very much toward the negative. Soon they will be sounding like the US former Uber-Bull, David Lereah, the president of the Realtor's Association, who is now admitting a hard landing after months of soft landing ramping.

Nearly 80 percent of the analysts who answered the question -- 17 of 22 -- said the market was overvalued, up from two thirds three months ago. The rest said house prices, which have more than doubled since the late 1990s, were fairly valued.

With a shift from 66% bear to 80% bear the trend line is positive! :) It shows how sentiment is turning very much toward the negative. Soon they will be sounding like the US former Uber-Bull, David Lereah, the president of the Realtor's Association, who is now admitting a hard landing after months of soft landing ramping.

Please, RB - read the article a little more carefully :rolleyes:

The expectation is gradually increasing prices (3.5 pc increase in 2007); not a crash :)

It also says puts the chance of a harsh correction at one in five; less than the 14pc suggested last year.

Again, relax - very little to worry about :)

The expectation is gradually increasing prices (3.5 pc increase in 2007); not a crash :)

It also says puts the chance of a harsh correction at one in five; less than the 14pc suggested last year.

Nearly
80 percent
of the analysts who answered the question -- 17 of 22 -- said the market was overvalued, up from
two thirds
three months ago

Looks like 80% from 66% to me? :blink:

Reminds me of the order to relax and listen to the band playing as the Titanic was sinking. The market is a dynamic thing and sentiment drives prices--we are seeing the big shift from bull to bear occur before our very eyes! Its not a time for relaxation but rejoicing! :D

Edited by Realistbear

Its not a time for relaxation but rejoicing! :D

Ok, if the market does crash (note the if) I'll come up to the West Midlands and we can dance in the streets :P

Until then, retain sense of perpective

Ok, if the market does crash (note the if) I'll come up to the West Midlands and we can dance in the streets :P

Until then, retain sense of perpective

I am still a Bear--that's my perspective. When the market begins to bottom out I will have a more bullish perspective. IN the meantime, I see nothing but bad news for the most over-inflated property market in modern times. Up 300% since NuLabour came to power and wages left in the dust. I accordingly retain my perspective. :)

As much as i hate to say it i am not seeing a crash round my way. House on my street (mid terraced 2 bed 1980's estate, postage stamp garden) have never sold for more that £185,000 (nethouseprices) One a few doors up went on the market a montha go for £210,000 not in great condition. My husband and I laughed saying it would never sell. A month earlier one a few doors down was on the market for 9 months and sold in June for £175,000 in better condition and end of terrace with bigger garden.

Well the house at £210,000 sold for full asking price on second viewing - the neighbours are crowing about the price of thier houses and they will only go up (im renting) The buyers are in late 20's, wages aren't great in dorset - who on earth are these people? Will this sort of person just keep propping it up?

Edited by renter1

As much as i hate to say it i am not seeing a crash round my way. House on my street (mid terraced 2 bed 1980's estate, postage stamp garden) have never sold for more that £185,000 (nethouseprices) One a few doors up went on the market a montha go for £210,000 not in great condition. My husband and I laughed saying it would never sell. A month earlier one a few doors down was on the market for 9 months and sold in June for £175,000 in better condition and end of terrace with bigger garden.

Well the house at £210,000 sold for full asking price on second viewing - the neighbours are crowing about the price of thier houses and they will only go up (im renting) The buyers are in late 20's, wages aren't great in dorset - who on earth are these people? Will this sort of person just keep propping it up?

What is your post code/county?

Isnt one in five equal to 20%?

We tallk of a HPC. Which is coming at the spead of a bull at a red cape, BULL - haha.

When its here and in our grasp, what next? Whats the likely long term outcome. As I look at the graphs of previous crashes, the start of level, before the crash, is alway reached late on and beyond. How can this be stopped, so we don't see high prices again. Cause we can't rely on sheeple to keep them low.