House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest UK Debt Slave

Interesting Article On The Us Figure Fudging

Guest mattsta1964

Quite an interesting read

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/P146055.asp

There can be no doubt. The US and British governments are lying through their teeth about the true state of our economies. The inflation figures being bandied about by Gordo Brown and the MPC are blatantly fraudulent.

Keep an eye on the dollar folks! I reckon the yanks have got a maximum 5 years left before the dollar completely collapses. Sterling will follow shortly thereafter.

the REAL rate of inflation in the UK is probably nearer 7% than 2.5%.

These figures can only be fudged for so long - being constantly told 'you are well off' when your pockets are bare doesn't carry much weight.

The guy has a point. In the US real unemployment must be higher than the figures suggest because their employment rate is pretty low, plus the homelessness problem in a lot of areas is appauling. Our employment rate is one of the highest in the developed world (5% higher than the US I think), and comparitively we don't have a problem with homelessness.

The real rate of growth in the US must be negative because although it is rising in dollar terms the dollar has been falling faster than the growth.

Don't know about CPI, but I know I am reluctant to go to the US because the same holiday I had last year would cost 66% more (everywhere else is pretty much the same price as before).

Edited by Della

The guy has a point. In the US real unemployment must be higher than the figures suggest because their employment rate is pretty low, plus the homelessness problem in a lot of areas is appauling. Our employment rate is one of the highest in the developed world (5% higher than the US I think), and comparitively we don't have a problem with homelessness.

The real rate of growth in the US must be negative because although it is rising in dollar terms the dollar has been falling faster than the growth.

Don't know about CPI, but I know I am reluctant to go to the US because the same holiday I had last year would cost 66% more (everywhere else is pretty much the same price as before).

I thought we were all quids in at the moment due to the £ almost equalling $2?

I thought we were all quids in at the moment due to the £ almost equalling $2?

We were when the exchange rate first got to this level, now I don't think so. When I buy food in supermarkets it seems to be cheaper here, and my brothers girlfriend whose American says that clothes cost more in the US generally, particularly nice stuff. Even electoronics have become pretty comparable in prices if you buy stuff off the Internet.