House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shedfish

Watching Bloomberg...

I cant get Bloomberg on my Freeview box for some reason so, no, I'm not as dull as you.

Mind you, good find....

It's subscription on Freeview, you need to get a TopUpTV card and a STB with a TopUpTV compatible decoder or CI slot.

If you want dull I can tell you how it's encrypted... :lol:

the bears have the whiff of salmon

video clip

Great stuff , the yanks quite unbelievably are more upfront and honest about how they report housing , unlike our media , that guy waving his hands throughout the clip is just what we need on the 6 o'clock news to put the sh1t up the allbelieving british public .

Excellent article. It's what I have been arguing for some time: we are in a CRASH NOW. As Bloomberg points out, downward momentum is building. YoY in the US is still up--by a paltry .9% which does not mean the market is not crashing. The US, like us, had double digit inflation a short while ago and the market is coming to a sudden and screeching halt. Eaxample, to go from 12% up to 5% up is severe downward momentum and the beginning of a crash.

The analyst also mentioned that the houses likely to suffer most are 2nd homes. A form of rough justice here as it is the 2nd home buyers who have ridden the wave of greed the most and their speculation is about to be "rewarded."

Can't happen here? When has it NOT happened here when the US market tanks? The Bulls have been saying, yes but we are a global market now............. Exaclty. Everywhere in the world that has had abubble market is correcting with OZ and the US going first. IMO, we will suffer the most because we went up the most.

The other interesting point Bloomberg make is that the US crash may well be limited to houses with the rest of the economy headed for a soft landing. The US economy is 32% dependent on housing related spending. We are over 70%. That spells a lot of trouble for us and less for the US. Sterling? I wouldn't want all my money in pounds and now might be the top of the market for CABLE.

Edited by Realistbear

Bloomberg is on Freeview, but if you read the small print it is only available 6am-9am. This seems absurd, but a number of Top-Up channels are only available for part of the day despite broadcasting 24-7.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/08/23/home-pric...tml?partner=rss

FORBES

Economy

A Soft Landing For Housing

Jessica Holzer, 08.23.06, 1:30 PM ET

WASHINGTON, D.C. -
Is the once red-hot housing market headed for a crash landing?
A report released Wednesday would seem to bolster that view: The median price of an existing home rose by just 0.9% in July from a year ago, the smallest year-over-year increase since May 1995, according to the National Association of Realtors. Meanwhile, sales slumped 4.1% from a month earlier to their lowest level in more than two years.
Last summer, few would have predicted a broad decline in home prices across the country. After all, history shows that rises in home values tend to stick: Aside from a fleeting dip into negative territory in 1990, prices haven't fallen on a national level since the Great Depression.
But many economists are now betting on an outright decline in home values (as opposed to a fall in the median price, the point at which half sell for more and half self for less). And while the majority of economists still expect prices to glide to a soft landing, several are warning that the slowdown could have dire consequences for the overall economy...../

That "C" word is becoming more and more frequent. Its entering the national psyche now and once it has taken hold....... :o

That "C" word is becoming more and more frequent. Its entering the national psyche now and once it has taken hold....... :o

The other "C" word thats been thrown about on Bloomberg is "Collapse" - I like that one also:-)

Edited by jp1

Guest Shedfish

...meanwhile BBC News24 is running an article on whether Pluto is a planet or not...

fingers on the pulse