House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

R I C S Quickly Respond To Rightmove's Bearish Report

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/23082006/214/house...ise-7-year.html

Wednesday August 23, 03:00 PM
House prices to rise 7% this year
LONDON (ShareCast) - British house prices will rise 7% this year, predicted the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors today.
The trade body said prices would likely show an annual inflation rate of 7% by the end of 2006, given the current strength in the market.
However RICs suggests this rate will likely slow to around 3% in 2007, as further interest rate rises dampen demand.
It comes two weeks after Nationwide revised its 2006 projection, predicting prices to rise some 5% in 2006, from a previous forecast made in December for growth of between 0% and 3%.

EAs, what would we do without them! :lol::lol::lol:

Just For Men have stated that profits are likely to increase 200% by year end of 2006.

A spokeswoman for JFM commented "With IR likely to rise, house prices incredibly high and job losses on the

horizon, we anticipate more stress, and thus more men going grey. JFM is flying off the shelves, we don't

know if we can meet demand. Buy now before you 'miss the boat'"

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/23082006/214/house...ise-7-year.html

Wednesday August 23, 03:00 PM
House prices to rise 7% this year
LONDON (ShareCast) - British house prices will rise 7% this year, predicted the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors today.
The trade body said prices would likely show an annual inflation rate of 7% by the end of 2006, given the current strength in the market.
However RICs suggests this rate will likely slow to around 3% in 2007, as further interest rate rises dampen demand.
It comes two weeks after Nationwide revised its 2006 projection, predicting prices to rise some 5% in 2006, from a previous forecast made in December for growth of between 0% and 3%.

EAs, what would we do without them! :lol::lol::lol:

I've read this 3-4 times now, and cannot find anything that says this prediction is from an EA...! It states quite clearly it is from the RICS, which does not boast many EA's amongst its membership.

As soon as surveyors come up with something you agree with they're the voice of reason, yet they put forward a not wholly unrealistic prediction and suddenly they become EA's??!! i'm sorry but i'm not following you there.... :unsure:

I've read this 3-4 times now, and cannot find anything that says this prediction is from an EA...! It states quite clearly it is from the RICS, which does not boast many EA's amongst its membership.

As soon as surveyors come up with something you agree with they're the voice of reason, yet they put forward a not wholly unrealistic prediction and suddenly they become EA's??!! i'm sorry but i'm not following you there.... :unsure:

Most RICS shops I have seen advertise houses for sale. Its odd that they pull a number out of the air like 7% just when a flurry of bad news has hit the street. I am not sure I agree with much of anything RICS or EAs say unless it is against their VI in which case it may have some credibility. IMO, they are panicking after the FT-Index, LR and RM reports together with the T** & knicker press reports on "plummeting" prices etc.

Most RICS shops I have seen advertise houses for sale. Its odd that they pull a number out of the air like 7% just when a flurry of bad news has hit the street. I am not sure I agree with much of anything RICS or EAs say unless it is against their VI in which case it may have some credibility. IMO, they are panicking after the FT-Index, LR and RM reports together with the T** & knicker press reports on "plummeting" prices etc.

Do you not have a VI in property prices? Then you must be one of the few people in this country who doesn't...

House prices have risen this year by somewhere between 5 and 9% in all the major surveys and they don't look to be falling off a cliff just yet.

So I don't see RIC's 7% prediction as being an unreasonable one (although not welcome).

Just For Men have stated that profits are likely to increase 200% by year end of 2006.

A spokeswoman for JFM commented "With IR likely to rise, house prices incredibly high and job losses on the

horizon, we anticipate more stress, and thus more men going grey. JFM is flying off the shelves, we don't

know if we can meet demand. Buy now before you 'miss the boat'"

:lol:

Ford and Vauxhall have stated that their Mondeo and Vectra models are likely to rise in value by approximately 40% over the next twelve months. Customers will no longer suffer 20% instant depreciation when they buy the cars, instead enjoying significant profits on these exciting new assets. The BBC reported that with all the economic growth that there is, thanks to the wonderful Gordon Brown, the 'feel good' factor was bound to spill over to run-of -the-mill cars, and besides, people on ordinary wages need something to live in.

:lol:

Ford and Vauxhall have stated that their Mondeo and Vectra models are likely to rise in value by approximately 40% over the next twelve months. Customers will no longer suffer 20% instant depreciation when they buy the cars, instead enjoying significant profits on these exciting new assets. The BBC reported that with all the economic growth that there is, thanks to the wonderful Gordon Brown, the 'feel good' factor was bound to spill over to run-of -the-mill cars, and besides, people on ordinary wages need something to live in.

Exactly! :lol:

I kind of agree with you here. The RICS is made up of all types of surveyors - not least quantity surveyors. They do incorporate property surveyors, however.

Bottom line is any report they compile will be taken from info from their members who are in the field ie. EA's. So I wouldn't trust any report they came out with, just as I wouldn't trust an EA.