House Price Crash Forum

H P I Now At 300% In 10 Years According To Nationwide

HOLA441

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/23082006/325/alte...rices-soar.html

Alternatives sought as house prices soar

Reuters Wednesday August 23, 06:59 AM

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's housing boom may be a blessing for homeowners, but with prices trebling in a decade, first-time buyers are being forced to dream up increasingly complex arrangements to get a foot on the property ladder.
Would-be buyers are asking parents for financial help, buying with friends or agreeing to buy just a share in their future home. And mortgage providers have responded-- by branching away from traditional loans and lending criteria.
In early 1996, the average price of a British home was
51,367 pounds
, according to building society Nationwide. Last month, that price was
167,733 pounds
......../
The building society allows up to four individuals buying together to take out one of its mortgages

And NuLabour expect anyone under 35 to actually vote for them? :lol:

What a disaster Gordon'e policy of ramping HPI to allow MEW to keep borrowing going to prop up his "buy now, pay later" policies. :lol:

HOLA442

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/23082006/325/alte...rices-soar.html

Alternatives sought as house prices soar

Reuters Wednesday August 23, 06:59 AM

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's housing boom may be a blessing for homeowners, but with prices trebling in a decade, first-time buyers are being forced to dream up increasingly complex arrangements to get a foot on the property ladder.
Would-be buyers are asking parents for financial help, buying with friends or agreeing to buy just a share in their future home. And mortgage providers have responded-- by branching away from traditional loans and lending criteria.
In early 1996, the average price of a British home was
51,367 pounds
, according to building society Nationwide. Last month, that price was
167,733 pounds
......../
The building society allows up to four individuals buying together to take out one of its mortgages

And NuLabour expect anyone under 35 to actually vote for them? :lol:

What a disaster Gordon'e policy of ramping HPI to allow MEW to keep borrowing going to prop up his "buy now, pay later" policies. :lol:

These schemes are crazy. Unfortunately, however, people will go for them.

HOLA443

But I am sure I am the only person amongst my group of friends who even think about the concequences of what NuLab have done to the younger generations.

Most of my friends are Guardian readers who are more concerned by foreign policy and whether or not minority groups are being treated fairly - not alot of thought goes into the fact that possibly they are the ones getting well and truely shafted by Tony and Gordon. Most of my friends are even looking forward to Brown being Prime Minister as he has done such a good job on the economy.....

The brainwashing has gone deep and Mr Brown will still come out smelling of roses

HOLA444
But some experts advise first-time buyers to wait.
"Shared equity, shared ownership are all viable opportunities, but there is nothing wrong with renting -- it gives you flexibility,
it's cheaper than buying
and you can save up money," said Richard Donnell at consultancy Hometrack, adding many of those targeted in the government scheme could afford a regular mortgage if they were to wait a couple of years.
"We're going to end up having a big debate on where is government assistance needed most. At the end of the day, the housing market is so big, there are so many people priced out of the market, that you could spend billions of pounds, hundreds of billions of pounds to help people get on the ladder."

Wow, never thought i'd read that from a VI.

HOLA445

Most of my friends are even looking forward to Brown being Prime Minister as he has done such a good job on the economy.....

The brainwashing has gone deep and Mr Brown will still come out smelling of roses

My experience is different. I dont know anyone who wants Brown as PM!