House Price Crash Forum
patprimer74

Xenophobes Carry On Lying About Immigrants.

The war left England mostly intact, apart from a few bombed out areas of London during the blitz.

Is that a joke ? Have you heard of Coventry ? Did you really used to live in the UK ? I thought that you said that you studied at school obviously not at history.

once again scoobydoo shows his racist colours.

In what way, please explain? I stated a fact, are you denying that a small minority of 2nd and 3rd generation Muslims have not comitted acts of terroism? Are you saying that the dozen or so Muslims recently arrested have been fitted up? Are you suggesting that recent polls that showed a marked increase in the proportion of Muslims wishing to live under sharia law is a lie?

#scoobydoo#

:ph34r:

Edited by #scoobydoo#

However as has already been pointed out on these treads, as a Brit I will have to prove my worth to the countries I am interested in living in and of course take capital with me.

Not the same for the current crop of immigrants is it? <_<

Do you believe that the increases in house prices in London have been fuelled by foreigners? I'm sire it was mentioned more than once on here. Therefore some of these people will be imigrants and have capital that they have brought with them.

So that doesn't really tie in with your last comment. To me you are saying "I will be welcomed anywhere as I take my capital with me and, as a Brit (God bless us!!) I'll prove my worth (Like we did in the blitz!!).

But all immigrants into this country bring nothing (except perhaps Aids?)"

If you can't see thet your last comment is at the most optomistic unintentionally bigotted.

Was the brain drain down to ethnic tensions? I thought it was due to high taxes and other reasons such as the strikes, three day week? Just out of interest Poland is suffering a brain drain at the moment. The young and highly educated are moving to Britain.

So please explain why we are the fifth richest country on this planet? Even though the country was bankrupted in 1945 at the end of the second world war in the dying days of the Empire! Could it be the grit and determination of the hardworking civilised majority outsmarting and outworking the majority of the rest of the world, of course it blo*dy is!!!! And yes we do deserve a better quality of life because the majority of us work our arses off to try and achieve it. You are a condesending racist 'at your own kind, the English' and by the way I am a fully integrated Scottish immigrant living quite happily within the English community working together to put the Great back in Britain.

#scoobydoo#

That and finding a ton of oil off the coast.

Is that a joke ? Have you heard of Coventry ? Did you really used to live in the UK ? I thought that you said that you studied at school obviously not at history.

I used to live in Coventry - often thought it would have been best for everyone if the Germans had finished the job they started... :ph34r:

That and finding a ton of oil off the coast.

So why is the majority of the Middle East such a sh*t hole???

The UK is resource poor and imports more than it exports, I think the last time the UK was resource rich was before all the coal mines closed.

#scoobydoo#

I think you're supposed to add IMHO when you make such a biased claim about somewhere you've clearly never visited... <_<

I think you're supposed to add IMHO when you make such a biased claim about somewhere you've clearly never visited... <_<

Guess what, I work for an OIL company, I spend a lot of time going on jollies doing site inspections in the Middle East!!!

#scoobydoo#

Edited by #scoobydoo#

The UK is resource poor and imports more than it exports, I think the last time the UK was resource rich was before all the coal mines closed.

#scoobydoo#

It must be because everyone there is a funny colour.

Never argue with idiots....

I spend a lot of time going on jollies

#scoobydoo#

I see why you are worried about some one nicking your job....

Guess what, I work for an OIL company, I spend a lot of time going on jollies doing site inspections in the Middle East!!!

#scoobydoo#

I imagine if all you saw of Britain was on 'jollies' and site inspections you'd think it was a sh*thole too... :lol:

Edited by IamSpartacus

It must be because everyone there is a funny colour.

Never argue with idiots....

I see why you are worried about some one nicking your job....

It was sarcasm, unless it is Saudi, with a nice 5 star hotel going on a site visit to the middle east is not a nice experience. Things like running water, electricity that is on 24hrs, not having to go everywhere with several armed guards make it a less then pleasant experience. When I started the job last year, my boss tried to explain how grim it can be visiting some countries. I tried to be optimistic but have now seen the sad reality for myself on a number of occasions. I am amazed that oil outages like those in Prudhoe bay are not more common, partially explained by third world countries not having health and safety / environmental policies and quite happy for millions of barrells of oil to be lost.

#scoobydoo#

Edited by #scoobydoo#

It was sarcasm, unless it is Saudi, with a nice 5 star hotel going on a site visit to the middle east is not a nice experience. Things like running water, electricity that is on 24hrs, not having to go everywhere with several armed guards make it a less then pleasant experience. When I started the job last year, my boss tried to explain how grim it can be visiting some countries. I tried to be optimistic but have now seen the sad reality for myself on a number of occasions. I am amazed that oil outages like those in Prudhoe bay are not more common, partially explained by third world countries not having health and safety / environmental policies and quite happy for millions of barrells of oil to be lost.

#scoobydoo#

I'm not sure what you mean by the sad reality but if it is the general living conditions of the majority that is more to do to the distribution of the oil wealth (or lack of it) and the fact that most of it is sourced by Western companies.

I'm not sure what you mean by the sad reality but if it is the general living conditions of the majority that is more to do to the distribution of the oil wealth (or lack of it) and the fact that most of it is sourced by Western companies.

Not true, why do you think the Saudi Royal family or the King of Jordan are so rich? They are non democratically elected, steal the countries oil wealth to lavish on their own lifestyles, tax the western countries need for oil, putting the big oil companies in competition with each other to see who will offer the country the best terms and conditions. I get a general sense of malaise each time I visit the middle east, people are scared of the police and government and dare not voice their opinion on the matter of oil revenue as it is all about backhanders, bribes and payoffs. All of which is conveniently hidden (poorly) from the Western oil companies.

#scoobydoo#

Not true, why do you think the Saudi Royal family or the King of Jordan are so rich? They are non democratically elected, steal the countries oil wealth to lavish on their own lifestyles, tax the western countries need for oil, putting the big oil companies in competition with each other to see who will offer the country the best terms and conditions. I get a general sense of malaise each time I visit the middle east, people are scared of the police and government and dare not voice their opinion on the matter of oil revenue as it is all about backhanders, bribes and payoffs. All of which is conveniently hidden (poorly) from the Western oil companies.

#scoobydoo#

I mean Western companies source most of the oil. And most revenue returned to the country of orgin goes to the ruling class like you say.

#scoobydoo#

Your claim that we're the 5th richest country in the world is only true when you ignore relative population sizes. If you look at GDP per capita rankings we're a much more lowly 13th behind those hard-working Qatar citizens... :ph34r:

I mean Western companies source most of the oil. And most revenue returned to the country of orgin goes to the ruling class like you say.

Sorry, i got you now, been on the defensive a lot recently.

#scoobydoo#

Your claim that we're the 5th richest country in the world is only true when you ignore relative population sizes. If you look at GDP per capita rankings we're a much more lowly 13th behind those hard-working Qatar citizens... :ph34r:

The UK has a huge black market economy not taken into account, also immigrants working on or below minimum wage would distort the UK figure further + what do you expect in Qatar, it is the playground and financial heart of the oil barons of the middle east. A few super wealthy individuals will easily distort the GDP per capita of a small population.

#scoobydoo#

The UK has a huge black market economy not taken into account, also immigrants working on or below minimum wage would distort the UK figure further + what do you expect in Qatar, it is the playground and financial heart of the oil barons of the middle east. A few super wealthy individuals will easily distort the GDP per capita of a small population.

#scoobydoo#

But you claimed that we'd reached the dizzy heights of 5th richest country through the hard graft of the population not through resource wealth such as North Sea oil and gas. If you're right then why is that not reflected in the GDP per capita figures? You'd expect us to do relatively better than other countries there as not all the resource-rich nations have tiny populations.

If you really want to humble yourself take a look at what happens when you correct for the cost of living...

Edited by IamSpartacus

I've liked all the Poles i've met.......Generally the most adaptable and young and ambitious people have moved over here but having no limit on the numbers is plain daft.....when the likes of France and Germany and Italy have close their doors.

But you claimed that we'd reached the dizzy heights of 5th richest country through the hard graft of the population not through resource wealth such as North Sea oil and gas. If you're right then why is that not reflected in the GDP per capita figures? You'd expect us to do relatively better than other countries there as not all the resource-rich nations have tiny populations.

If you really want to humble yourself take a look at what happens when you correct for the cost of living...

Erm, you seem to have got your knickers in a twist. Yes I said that the UK had made to No.5 through the hard graft of the UK population. Do you think the oil rigs designed and built themselves?, do you think the technology and science that allowed oil exploration just appeared one morning. No, literally hundreds of thousands of engineers, geoligists, physicists, chemists, mathematicians, naval architects etc made it all possible. Many of whom are still working away, in the industry they started in the 70's.

Also 18th out of a 179 countries in respect of purchasing power is pretty dam good for a country that was bankrupt at the end of the second world war. Plus we are an island nation therefore we have to pay more to import goods etc

#scoobydoo#

Edited by #scoobydoo#

Erm, you seem to have got your knickers in a twist. Yes I said that the UK had made to No.5 through the hard graft of the UK population. Do you think the oil rigs designed and built themselves?, do you think the technology and science that allowed oil exploration just appeared one morning. No, literally hundreds of thousands of engineers, geoligists, physicists, chemists, mathematicians, naval architects etc made it all possible. Many of whom are still working away, in the industry they started in the 70's.

#scoobydoo#

Do you think those hundreds(!) of jobs would have been necessary if we didn't have all that oil and gas sat just off our coast?

(I don't wear knickers under a toga... :lol: )

Do you think those hundreds(!) of jobs would have been necessary if we didn't have all that oil and gas sat just off our coast?

(I don't wear knickers under a toga... :lol: )

If we did not have the Oil and Gas they would all have ended up down a pit or building nuclear power stations ten a penny.

#scoobydoo#

Edited by #scoobydoo#

If we did not have the Oil and Gas they would all have ended up down a pit or building nuclear power stations ten a penny.

#scoobydoo#

And the other 55-60 million people?

#scoobydoo#

As a relatively neutral bystander on this topic, I have observed the following;

This whole mass-debate on immigration issues has been based on wild sweeping generalisations on both sides of the argument. All are willing to say literally anything to get their point across whilst not realising that it will fall on deaf ears to the opposition. Then you have the more reasonable posters that try to see both sides of the story in a reasonable manner.

There are also many screams of racism on here, some of which have no basis whatsoever and some that do!

The use of derogatory sweeping generalisations on these threads about races and religions that reside in this country is embarrassing to say the least. These extremists make remarks about all the minorities that have settled here (and incidentally have as much right as they do, to live here), without keeping their focus on the mass immigration issue.

Many hypocrites talk down upon immigration with one statement and then talk about moving abroad themselves in another statement and simply can’t answer to the inconsistencies they spew out on here.

As some decent posters have pointed out already, Britain has always been multicultural and IMO hopefully always will be multicultural in nature. Some ask how this actually adds to our society and can only think of negatives making unintelligent statements about minorities raising street crime etc. Imagine, if you will, a typical Friday night scenario (based on my experiences of British society in day to day life);

An English* guy with his mates (two English*, one Welsh*, one French* and one Indian* … * replace with any country or number you wish) decide to go out for a few drinks and dinner. All friends have decent jobs having studied hard. They go to a local pub for a pint of local ale. All enjoy and decide to go and try some Belgian/German beer. Several beers are had by all and they decide to go for a curry! – They sit down and indulge in what is the British favourite kind of food … the curry. They all have a laugh and ask questions about the food they’re eating which the Indian friend helps answer. The French guy backs himself as a bit of an expert in wine and they order some French red which he helps explain goes with the spicy meal they’re about to enjoy - Even though these chaps have known each other for years they’re still learning new things about each persons background.

On the table behind them sits a group of Englishmen …. They’ve been drinking heavily too but appear rather loud. “Inger-land, Inger-land, Inger-land” they’re singing. “We’re all gonna feel this curry burn our ar$es tomorrow weh-hey … 2 more lamb boo-nuz here” says one guy. “These refugee waiters can’t understand English can they, you have to speak slooooower” says his mate. “Tooooo mmmmooooooore laaaaammmm boooooooonaaaaaazzz heeeeear & 8 pints of kingfishhhhhher … in fact make that 16 pints will ya, as that saves me asking again” replies another dude and continues “they come over here to our country and what have they done exactly? … flaming freeloaders!”. They finish their meal having upset a few people. They stumble out and go for more beers as they’ve not had enough yet and decide to pi$$ against the wall on the road side whilst one guy pukes in the gutter. They eventually pull over a taxi cab and jump in. 1 of the guys eventually pukes in the cab, so the driver tells them to get out. This is met with vile obscenities and racial insults as the driver is of ethnic origin (Sikh in this case but these guys aren’t cultured enough to know the difference) and proceed to call him a p*ki.

So, which of the above group of mates would you prefer to represent Britain as we know it today? – They both exist in plentiful supply I can assure you. I realise that many other ‘groups exists aside from these two, though chances are you fit into one of these 2 groups or have done sometime in your past. Or perhaps there are some on here that have only English mates and never touch products/food/clothes/equipment unless it’s English/British?!

So we have the group of chavs that are as cultured as a plank of wood and don’t seem to realise that they’re eating a foreign food that has been accepted into Britain as the nations favourite dish and cooked and served to them by the very ethnics they despise. They have been drinking beers which are not British but I suppose they don’t care as long as it has alcohol in it right?! – They also caught a taxi home driven by … you guessed it, an ethnic minority.

These are the jobs that the ethnics do and they work hard and all hours to provide a service for English society in most cases listening to general rudeness at best and racial abuse at worst. They even have to clean the puke out of their cars as a tip. These are the very same people that are being abused daily on these forums and it’s truly embarrassing.

Let’s not argue about the positives that multicultural society brings to this country as the list can go on…

Some people on here (you know who you are!) keeping saying things like “they are wrecking my country”, “they don’t belong here in my country” … “they’re insulting the culture of our country”. Because the Brits set such a good example when abroad; binge drinking, puking, violent conduct, shouting, swearing, insulting, sex on the beach etc. etc.

Firstly, what culture exactly are we protecting?

Secondly, what’s all this ‘MY’ country rubbish. Show me a title deed to the country that has your name on it !! … is it people like you that go out pi$$ing in the streets of Britain to try and ‘claim your territory’ as animals do. The only thing that is ‘yours’ is your house (if you own one that is). You don’t have a right to decide who lives next door to you, let alone who lives in this country. If a minority has an English passport then it’s the same as your and they have as much right to be here as you !!! – Please accept this !!!

On the flip side of the balanced view:

A very, very few minority of muslims are extremists and these people are ‘ill’ in the head there is no denying this fact. At the same rate there are racist red-necked KKK people that are clearly living among us who are also ‘ill’ in the head and need to be removed with the extremists. But how would we do that exactly? - We can’t make sweeping generalisations about all muslims that live among us in the same way as we can’t call all English racists. The majority aren’t … Accept it !!

This country shouldn’t let too many immigrants in because there is a fine balance of jobs that the lazy sponging chavs of this country won’t do and how many people come in to do those jobs. Any more people coming in than jobs/houses available and we’re in for a world of trouble. The list of issues/problems again are endless.

But remember as people have already mentioned on here … this is down to government policies, not the immigrants who are simply looking to better their lives.

Not sure why i bothered writing all this, as I know that it will fall on deaf ears like most debates on here. I guess I just needed to let it out after reading some of the extremist views on here. No names mentioned as you know who you are!! - You may have the union jack tattoed on your ar$es but that doesn’t make you more British!

The scenario above with a multicultural group is a much better image for Britain than the chav group. I have a mix of friends and think there’s nothing better than this form of mixing in society.

Please quit the moaning and bitching on here because from where I’m standing it’s creating way too much misdirected resentment and anger towards other people.

Well I think we know the answer to that one, about 25 million are civil servants lol...

#scoobydoo#

So in fact the original poster was right and much of the UK's wealth is from mineral resources not the hard work of the average man on the street... as he's actually in the public sector! B)