House Price Crash Forum
patprimer74

Xenophobes Carry On Lying About Immigrants.

The ignorance on the issue of why we 'need' immigrants makes my blood boil. I've just watched Digby Jones claim that British people "have decided not to do those kinds of jobs" (the sort that immigrants do). HAS HE EVER HEARD OF THE BENEFITS TRAP? :angry:

And then a resturant owner in Cambridge said he "didn't know" why only 1 in ten applicants for a part time job were British. HAS HE EVER HEARD OF THE BENEFITS TRAP? :angry:

I saw that load of rubbish reporting. Made me mad.

minimum wage part time nightshifts and he can't get anyone to work from the UK. I am not surprised.

Do you know it is amazing what racists can do isnt it? Some of these posts are disgusting.

Leave the poor old immigrants alone, they just want to work.

I saw that load of rubbish reporting. Made me mad.

minimum wage part time nightshifts and he can't get anyone to work from the UK. I am not surprised.

I saw part of it. This country survived perfectly well 3 years ago without this massive influx but not according to these idiots. We should apparently be thankful that they are keeping down the interest rates and wages. It's good to think that it's yet another nail in Labour's coffin. Result! :lol:

Do you know it is amazing what racists can do isnt it? Some of these posts are disgusting.

I feel a tear forming. :lol:

Why was it OK for you to migrate to Germany and earn '3 or 4 times' what you could at home but it's not OK for other EU citizens to do exactly what you did? Spot the inconsistency?

p

:lol:

Ahhh, that's the bit that many people miss when it comes to this argument. Never, ever is a thought spared for the French, Spanish, Australian etc when it comes to Brits moving overseas.

:blink:

How would the UK cope if the millions of ex-pats were forced to come back?

I saw part of it. This country survived perfectly well 3 years ago without this massive influx but not according to these idiots. We should apparently be thankful that they are keeping down the interest rates and wages. It's good to think that it's yet another nail in Labour's coffin. Result! :lol:

I feel a tear forming. :lol:

Did the shadow bloke say there's a million under 25s not in training, education or employment too?

Prob is its a nail in the coffin of the UK rather than the housing market. If we have immigrants doing all the work then UK peeps will not be able to compete if they want the same standard of living.

I know self employed builders (ceramic tile fixers) in the London area who were earning £200/day up until December 05. Their work is now being done by Poles for £70/day.

Ask any self-employed builder in the London area

It's good to think that it's yet another nail in Labour's coffin. Result! :lol:

You're probably right, Xurbia. This subject could lose Labour a quite a few seats. But, there again, they have a lead of 159 (that's one hundred and fifty nine) over their nearest rivals. Plenty to spare! Now that's a real result - not wishful thinking!! :D:D:D

p

Did the shadow bloke say there's a million under 25s not in training, education or employment too?

Prob is its a nail in the coffin of the UK rather than the housing market. If we have immigrants doing all the work then UK peeps will not be able to compete if they want the same standard of living.

Yes that's right. Isn't it great to have all those young disgruntled unproductive people around. People here talk about racists here so loosely that they haven't an idea what it really means. I abhor racists but being anti-immigration is now racist. The true racists are those that want to prevent free speech. Perhaps we should all just share everything and live in bliss like the Russians used to!

Funnily enough there are some proper racists from East Europe coming over here but let's embrace them all anyway. They can fight over here instead.

Edited by Xurbia

You're probably right, Xurbia. This subject could lose Labour a quite a few seats. But, there again, they have a lead of 159 (that's one hundred and fifty nine) over their nearest rivals. Plenty to spare! Now that's a real result - not wishful thinking!! :D:D:D

p

Labour is a joke - opinion poll anyone? :P

I know self employed builders (ceramic tile fixers) in the London area who were earning £200/day up until December 05. Their work is now being done by Poles for £70/day.

That really isn't fair! Tile fixers who have had a full month's training deserve to be on fifty grand a year, at least. Plus company vehicle. Plus company mobile phone. Plus 'Use of Home' allowances.

p

there are some proper racists from East Europe coming over here but let's embrace them all anyway. They can fight over here instead.

well, quite, if they're proper racists too, then they might feel quite at home what with all their racist friends here tonight!!

well, quite, if they're proper racists too, then they might feel quite at home what with all their racist friends here tonight!!

Well that's a threesome between an immigrant, a cuckoo and a patprimer sorted then.

That really isn't fair! Tile fixers who have had a full month's training deserve to be on fifty grand a year, at least. Plus company vehicle. Plus company mobile phone. Plus 'Use of Home' allowances.

p

Many people think they can do all sorts of building work. But working quickly enough to earn a living from it, and do a professional job of it, is different.

Ask Dames, I believe he's a tiler.

"I think its been proved that multi-culturism doesn't work."

I am always intrigued when people say this sort of thing. (As if it is some modern lefty invention.)

So when exactly was Britain a pure monoculture? Before the Romans? Or the Vikings? Do we count the fact that some Cornish people believe they are a seperate nation? Maybe it was before we brought slaves onto our shore? Was it before the British Empire which at its peak had colonies covering a quarter of the globe? Was it before we started drinking tea, eating sugar, wearing cotton? Maybe it was before we started speaking English, because lets face it our language has all sorts of stuff in it, bits of french, latin, french, greek, german, celtic, american etc. Or maybe it was before we started using numbers (0-9), because those are Arabic.

So does multiculturalism work? Suppose you could ask the opposite question - does monoculturalism work? Does it exist?

If I wanted to live in a monoculture then some real backwoods of America springs to mind... maybe an Amish farming community. But then that is only a few hundred years old so don't think we can count this. Maybe Eskimos, no probably not. Or there are those Andaman Islands where the hunter-gathers live.

My point is that to say multiculturism is "bad" or doesn't work is to ignore our history and the history of most of the world. Next time you sit there sipping your tea (or coffee) and doing a crossword puzzle think about how many cultures have fed into that simple thing (pasteurised milk for starters). Or lets go a bit further and say lets face it most of wouldn't bloody be here if wasn't for multiculturalism.

So multiculturalism isn't automatically bad. It already "is", and certainly some of it is good. What (I think) people really mean to say is that they are concerned about some of the consequences of multiculturalism. These could include (1) increasing globalisation of trade including job markets, (2) high house prices(!!!!), (3) ghettoisation/tension/conflict. My opinions on these are:

(1) yup globalisation is a big (but not new) force for change. Pisses me off though when people moan about it but binge on cheap imports instead of paying a bit extra to buy British - if you are bothered then do something about it.

(2) more to do with credit cycles this one

(3) yes these are issues (although a bit off the topic from house prices). I personally think religion has got a lot to answer for in relation to the conflicts of this world, which is a shame. That's another whole debate.

I don't blame the immigrants for taking these opportunities

I blame the government for allowing it to happen at the expense of the rest of the British population, and mostly the working class.

Many people think they can do all sorts of building work. But working quickly enough to earn a living from it, and do a professional job of it, is different.

Ask Dames, I believe he's a tiler.

Of course it's a professional job, just like plumbing and other artisan skills. I don't do the 'trades' but it's really nice to see someone making it look easy.

Of course it's a professional job, just like plumbing and other artisan skills. I don't do the 'trades' but it's really nice to see someone making it look easy.

It seems 'Cuckoo' and 'Pat Primer' believe themselves to be better than everyone, elitism is just another form of racism.

#scoobydoo#

:ph34r:

Edited by #scoobydoo#

OK Pat,

Lets approach this from a different angle.........

We keep having to explain ourselves, for being "anti mass immigration"

Will you explain why you are so "Pro immigration" and what level of control if any is acceptable to you ???

Thanks.

OK Pat,

Lets approach this from a different angle.........

We keep having to explain ourselves, for being "anti mass immigration"

Will you explain why you are so "Pro immigration" and what level of control if any is acceptable to you ???

Thanks.

I am pro choice - I believe that as long as you accept the laws of the country you should be able to live there without fear of racial harrassment from anyone. I can live in any country in the world and believe everyone else should have that right. The rubbish spewed out by racist ignorant posters claiming that all immigrants come here just for benefits is clearly just that. Try giving some facts rather than rabble rousing claptrap :ph34r:

I can live in any country in the world

Really, maybe you can enlighten us on how you can live wherever you please.

Are you related to Tony Blair or know people on the inside?.

It seems 'Cuckoo' and 'Pat Primer' believe themselves to better than everyone, elitism is just another form of racism.

#scoobydoo#

Definitely beginning to look that way. They probably get their tiling done professionally and then inspect it with a microscope and their school geometry-set trying to rip the builder off.

Really, maybe you can enlighten us on how you can live wherever you please.

Are you related to Tony Blair or know people on the inside?.

I have bothered to get off my **** to learn skills that can be used anywhere in the world so I am free to choose where I live and work. It's the promotion of Nationalism that encourages fear and mistrust and hatred to spread. It's already a poison in this country and it's about time everyone grew up and accepted that irrespective of colour, country of origin or creed we all have an equal rights and obligations to all others in the world

I have bothered to get off my **** to learn skills that can be used anywhere in the world so I am free to choose where I live and work. It's the promotion of Nationalism that encourages fear and mistrust and hatred to spread. It's already a poison in this country and it's about time everyone grew up and accepted that irrespective of colour, country of origin or creed we all have an equal rights and obligations to all others in the world

Try telling that to Iran, North Korea, China, Columbia etc

LMAO

#scoobydoo#

I don't blame the immigrants for taking these opportunities

I blame the government for allowing it to happen at the expense of the rest of the British population, and mostly the working class.

Best post on here!

Both sides in this arguement are going to extremes. I'd rather have a hard working Pole for a neighbour than a scrounging British Chav.

The solution? Stop incapacity benefit and they will sudeenly need to get a job, so we won't need any immigrants. Both sides can then live happily ever after.

Edited by Jimothy