House Price Crash Forum
patprimer74

Xenophobes Carry On Lying About Immigrants.

Independent truth.

The headlines ... and the truth

HALT THE TIDE OF EU MIGRANTS ... HIV CHILDREN BRINGING TIMEBOMB TO BRITAIN - Sunday Express, 20/8

Claim: Britain is confronted with an HIV time bomb when Romanian teenagers descend on our over-stretched health service.

Reality: There are 15,850 Romanians with HIV/Aids, according to the UN. Two thirds were infected while living in children's state institutions during the late 1980s. The infection rate is 0.7 per cent of the population - slightly less than in the UK.

* EAST EUROPE MIGRANTS HELP TAKE JOBLESS TO SIX-YEAR HIGH - Daily Mail, 17/8

Claim: Unemployment has soared to its highest level for more than six years as thousands of workers arrive from eastern Europe.

Reality: While the unemployment rate rose last month, the number of people in work grew by 42,000 over the three months to March 2006 and by 240,000 over the year, to reach 28.94 million - the highest number of people in work since records began in 1971.

* MIGRANTS GET BRITS' PAY SLASHED BY 50 PER CENT - The Sun, 18/8

Claim: Earnings of British builders and other manual workers have slumped by 50 per cent as a flood of east European migrants drives down wages.

Reality: The annual growth rate in average earnings excluding bonuses, was 3.9 per cent in June 2006, up 0.1 per cent on the previous month. Including bonuses wages grew by 4.3 per cent, up 0.2 per cent on the previous month.

* UNCHECKED IMMIGRATION IS PUTTING BRITONS OUT OF WORK - Daily Telegraph, 18/8

Claim: The unprecedented influx of newcomers has had an impact on the availability of social housing.

Reality: The shortage of homes in Britain pre-dates the arrival of east European workers. Accession state workers do not qualify for council housing.

* CHEERS, WE'RE COMING TO RIP YOU OFF - People 20/8

Claim: Mafia chiefs in Bulgaria are plotting to flood Britain with heroin, prostitutes and guns when they join the EU in January.

Reality: The Centre for the Study of Democracy, a Sofia-based think-tank, found the crime rate in Bulgaria was lower than the European average with crime rates falling by half between 2001 and 2004. It is now safer than Denmark and Australia.

* HOW THE NEW FAGINS ARE BRINGING CHILD SLAVERY TO BRITAIN - Sunday Telegraph 4/6

Claim: The UK is likely to surge up the league of favoured destinations for trafficked women and children once Romania and Bulgaria join the EU next year.

Reality: The US State Department recently welcomed Bulgarian efforts to crack down on trafficking, offering witnesses protection and allowing suspects to be extradited to stand trial abroad. The number of trafficking convictions in Bulgarian courts increased nearly fivefold in 2005 - up to 34.

* NHS AND SCHOOLS 'AT RISK FROM SURGE IN EU IMMIGRANTS' - The Times 31/07

Claim: A leaked government report warned that schools and hospitals will struggle to cope with an influx of people from eastern Europe.

Reality: Immigrants make up 8 per cent of the workforce but contribute 10 per cent of the UK's GDP. Ernst & Young reports they are net tax contributors - rather than a burden - to the public purse, easing the pensions bill through tax and keeping interest rates at least 0.5 per cent lower - equivalent to £500 a year on the average mortgage.

* IMMIGRANTS TO FLOOD IN - Daily Star 24/07

Claim: Britain will be swamped by up to 145,000 poverty-stricken migrants from Bulgaria and Romania who are expected to flock here once they join the EU.

Reality: Think-tank the IPPR estimates 56,000 will arrive from both countries in the first year - 41,000 of them from Romania. A Bulgarian government survey revealed only 2.9 per cent of its nationals planned to migrate.

Poor old Doodlydoo - he'll go ballistic, poor demented little person.

p

Couple of dodgy ones there p old boy...

Independent truth.

Reality: The Centre for the Study of Democracy, a Sofia-based think-tank, found the crime rate in Bulgaria was lower than the European average with crime rates falling by half between 2001 and 2004. It is now safer than Denmark and Australia.

Two of my colleagues and close friends are Bulgarian and will tell you that corruption is rife, almost endemic in their society. This includes the police so placing much faith in Sofia-generated crime statistics doesn't seem very clever...

Reality: Think-tank the IPPR estimates 56,000 will arrive from both countries in the first year - 41,000 of them from Romania. A Bulgarian government survey revealed only 2.9 per cent of its nationals planned to migrate.

Didn't the government estimate only 14,000 people would emigrate during the last wave of EU expansion. More than an order of magnitude out there...

I (like you) dislike the racist attitudes that lie behind many anti-immigration posts on here. However, I also belive that unchecked immigration does pose big challenges for society and it's important not to be dogmatically in favour or against it without a careful assesment of reliable evidence.

Having said that - good post!

Independent truth.

Claim: Unemployment has soared to its highest level for more than six years as thousands of workers arrive from eastern Europe.

Reality: While the unemployment rate rose last month, the number of people in work grew by 42,000 over the three months to March 2006 and by 240,000 over the year, to reach 28.94 million - the highest number of people in work since records began in 1971.

The reality doesn't contradict the claim here. The total number of people in employment has risen by less than the number of migrants, and unemployment is up. Therefore, it's very likely that the migrants are taking jobs which could have been done by British workers.

No axe to grind here - just pointing it out.

Yes everyone is wrong except the Independent. We should all await the thought correction team to arrive so that we may be able to understand why we are all wrong.

Random example why this is ******** propaganda:

Claim: Earnings of British builders and other manual workers have slumped by 50 per cent as a flood of east European migrants drives down wages.

Reality: The annual growth rate in average earnings excluding bonuses, was 3.9 per cent in June 2006, up 0.1 per cent on the previous month. Including bonuses wages grew by 4.3 per cent, up 0.2 per cent on the previous month.

Two totally irrelevant points. One is regarding manual wages. The rebuff uses national averages..yeah l'm sure the rich fux on top of the pile in big business are seeing some nice returns/bonuses for cutting their labour costs. Feel free to hide behind stats if thats what you are good at. By the way this isnt a go at left or right, the independent has a whole new third way of thinking..one thats only possible from the ivory towers of Islington. Film Actor Guild members the lot of them.

FFS even Polly Toynbee wrote about the impact of immigration, and she's a proper lefty pillock with no exposure to real life.

The ignorance on the issue of why we 'need' immigrants makes my blood boil. I've just watched Digby Jones claim that British people "have decided not to do those kinds of jobs" (the sort that immigrants do). HAS HE EVER HEARD OF THE BENEFITS TRAP? :angry:

And then a resturant owner in Cambridge said he "didn't know" why only 1 in ten applicants for a part time job were British. HAS HE EVER HEARD OF THE BENEFITS TRAP? :angry:

Independent truth.

The headlines ... and the truth

HALT THE TIDE OF EU MIGRANTS ... HIV CHILDREN BRINGING TIMEBOMB TO BRITAIN - Sunday Express, 20/8

Claim: Britain is confronted with an HIV time bomb when Romanian teenagers descend on our over-stretched health service.

Reality: There are 15,850 Romanians with HIV/Aids, according to the UN. Two thirds were infected while living in children's state institutions during the late 1980s. The infection rate is 0.7 per cent of the population - slightly less than in the UK.

* UNCHECKED IMMIGRATION IS PUTTING BRITONS OUT OF WORK - Daily Telegraph, 18/8

Claim: The unprecedented influx of newcomers has had an impact on the availability of social housing.

Reality: The shortage of homes in Britain predates the arrival of east European workers. Accession state workers do not qualify for council housing.

* CHEERS, WE'RE COMING TO RIP YOU OFF - People 20/8

Claim: Mafia chiefs in Bulgaria are plotting to flood Britain with heroin, prostitutes and guns when they join the EU in January.

* HOW THE NEW FAGINS ARE BRINGING CHILD SLAVERY TO BRITAIN - Sunday Telegraph 4/6

Claim: The UK is likely to surge up the league of favoured destinations for trafficked women and children once Romania and Bulgaria join the EU next year.

Reality: The US State Department recently welcomed Bulgarian efforts to crack down on trafficking, offering witnesses protection and allowing suspects to be extradited to stand trial abroad. The number of trafficking convictions in Bulgarian courts increased nearly fivefold in 2005 - up to 34.

* NHS AND SCHOOLS 'AT RISK FROM SURGE IN EU IMMIGRANTS' - The Times 31/07

Claim: A leaked government report warned that schools and hospitals will struggle to cope with an influx of people from eastern Europe.

Reality: Immigrants make up 8 per cent of the workforce but contribute 10 per cent of the UK's GDP. Ernst & Young reports they are net tax contributors - rather than a burden - to the public purse, easing the pensions bill through tax and keeping interest rates at least 0.5 per cent lower - equivalent to £500 a year on the average mortgage.

* IMMIGRANTS TO FLOOD IN - Daily Star 24/07

Claim: Britain will be swamped by up to 145,000 poverty-stricken migrants from Bulgaria and Romania who are expected to flock here once they join the EU.

Poor old Doodlydoo - he'll go ballistic, poor demented little person.

p

If you want the truth talk to those who live in areas flooded with east Europeans.

The statistics on both sides of the argument are unreliable.

Sorry Pat

I know this is a pet subject of yours, and that anybody who is in favour of controlling immigration is a racist but.......

Forget racism.

Any sensible person can see that this continual inflow of people is having an overall negative effect on the country.

- We are a crowded island with limited, housing, utilities, and public services, how do more people improve our quality of life ?

- Immigration simply must have an effect (howerver small) on the availability of housing, and therefore the prices.

- Also I just do not believe the argument that if immigrants weren't here "the job" would not get done.

- My last point is the dilution of British culture, people take there own culture with them whoever they are and wherever they

go, ( British people being the worst culprits ) and do not tend to mix. Result - division, ghettos, resentment etc.

- Religious extremism, terrorism, and additional crime, are a whole separate issue.

I think its been proved that multi-culturism doesn't work.

My argument really is that there are probably positives and negatives for immigration, but I believe the negatives outweigh the positives, especially with immigration on this scale.

Independent truth.

You really are a complete moron, the UK population is at its highest level ever!!! In 1971 the UK population was 55.9million, today it is approximately 60 million. The proportion of the workforce in work could fall significantly yet with the constant deluge of immigrants (473,000 Polish people in two years) it could still result in a larger number working than at any other time in our history.

Oh yeah and the government National Statistics people expect the uk population to grow to 67 million by 2031 largely due to immigration. I for one will be the first to throw you off a cliff to make room...

Here are the stats you tw*t...

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=1352

#scoobydoo#

:ph34r:

Edited by #scoobydoo#

blah blah blah.... immigrants bring labour, create and fill vacancies, keep the economy ticking.... yes. alright but if we play that game, we need to import hundreds of thousands more immigrants every month just to stand still. Where are we going to house them? Feed them? Who is going to pay their pensions? Immigrants get old too beliveve it or not, their healthcare? Where is their water and electicity going to come from? where is the extra capacity on our roads, railways and buses going come from?

We simply cannot continue to import foreign workers to keep the economy going. There are already far to many people on this island. Scandanavian countries manage without mass immigration because they look after their own. Perhaps if we did the same we wouldnt need a squillion immigrants a day - who need to be assimilated - just to keep things going.

Bulloxs.

Edited by jonewer

Guest X-QUORK

Jesus H Christ!!! Four threads and a poll on the front page of HPC, all dedicated to immi-f**king-gration.....ENOUGH ALREADY!!

I don't see what your point is Pat. Perhaps if you didn't live with your head up your ar*e you might actually see the changes on the street. Do you compete with Indians in Bangalore to earn a crust? Do you compete with Polish cheap labour to earn a crust? Do you work in manufacturing doing something useful? I suspect you do actually work in the civil service in some emasculated uncompetitive world dressed from head-to-foot in grey.

The UK is crap because of your type, the weak cretins who would have us all believing that we should embrace every foreigner. I don't see every other country opening up their arms to embrace us. Loads of these immigrants are ambivalent at best i.e. they like our money but hate our culture.

You'll get your wish one day and be stuck in the UK with all the benefit cheats, the immigrant extremists and all your human rights. Those that once cared about the UK will be long gone. Just look at the numbers leaving the tired little island already.

Sorry Pat

I know this is a pet subject of yours

Wrong, FaTB. I'm the one who suggested that this subject be dropped. I've no problem with migration (whether inward or outward) and see no point in going on about it. I can't, though, just sit here and ignore the vile, uninformed puke that some people are pouring out of their gobs. And, whether deliberately or from ignorance, claim that that they're not racists. The fact is - THEY ARE! They start from the base that they don't want dirty foreigners to join us pure Aryans, then crawl around in the gutters to look for supporting 'evidence'. They find it in the fascist press. Every piece of this 'evidence' can easily be countered, for the simple reason that it's just racist tripe and lies!

p

Few questions PatPrimer:

Do you think that their should be any checks on immigration at all? For instance do you think the UK could handle a population of say 100m or 200m?

Do you think the free immigration should be allowed from Africa and Asia as well?

I think that mass immigration is bad for the country that loses most of its young people and bad for people that live in the destination country. Wages will basically go down in the destination country. This may not effect doctors, lawyers, politicians etc. because they have 'restrictions' caused by trade bodies on who can work in their jobs. However for builders, plumbers, I.T. Staff, factory workers etc. it is bad because lets face it most companies would pay their staff a pound an hour if they could get away with it. Mass Immigration is clearly designed to suppress wages and make bigger profits for company owners it is not good for the average worker.

Also Unemployment is up. Interesting article in 'The Business' this week saying real unemployment is 5 million+ and it backed this up with a well researched and referenced statistics. I can see that in 50 to 100 years the fact people can freely move and work around Europe is a good thing especially when the inequalities of Europe have been ironed out. The problem is now though during the transition period and no-one can argue that movement on such a large scale poses problems.

I work in the building industry as a bricklayer,although house prices have shot up since 2000 my wages have hardly gone up at all,and in the last 3 years my wages have been static.I used to go and work in Germany in the early to mid 90s earning 3 or 4 times what I could here,that came to an abrupt end when the place got flooded with cheap eastern european labour,now they have flooded this place.I remember telling my work mates when I came back here in 1998 that before long these eastern europeans would flood the UK aswell.I for one wish the iron curtain was still in place ,all we have now is a never ending wave of migrants coming over competing with people like myself on all fronts .I always remember reading an article in a tabloid newspaper before the general elections in 1997,"if labour get into power they will open the flood gates on immigration"it said, how true that was .

I work in the building industry as a bricklayer,although house prices have shot up since 2000 my wages have hardly gone up at all,and in the last 3 years my wages have been static.I used to go and work in Germany in the early to mid 90s earning 3 or 4 times what I could here,that came to an abrupt end when the place got flooded with cheap eastern european labour,now they have flooded this place.I remember telling my work mates when I came back here in 1998 that before long these eastern europeans would flood the UK aswell.I for one wish the iron curtain was still in place ,all we have now is a never ending wave of migrants coming over competing with people like myself on all fronts .I always remember reading an article in a tabloid newspaper before the general elections in 1997,"if labour get into power they will open the flood gates on immigration"it said, how true that was .

Why was it OK for you to migrate to Germany and earn '3 or 4 times' what you could at home but it's not OK for other EU citizens to do exactly what you did? Spot the inconsistency?

p

Edited by patprimer74

Wrong, FaTB. I'm the one who suggested that this subject be dropped. I've no problem with migration (whether inward or outward) and see no point in going on about it. I can't, though, just sit here and ignore the vile, uninformed puke that some people are pouring out of their gobs. And, whether deliberately or from ignorance, claim that that they're not racists. The fact is - THEY ARE! They start from the base that they don't want dirty foreigners to join us pure Aryans, then crawl around in the gutters to look for supporting 'evidence'. They find it in the fascist press. Every piece of this 'evidence' can easily be countered, for the simple reason that it's just racist tripe and lies!

p

The pure profundity of your posts. You are the racist. You want to deny people their right to keep immigrants out of THEIR country. You don't want Britain to be a race; you'd prefer some diluted unproductive country. Back in the real world people are really losing their jobs because they cannot compete. We are talking about a rapid cultural shift overnight and you cannot see the problem. :ph34r:

Why was it OK for you to migrate to Germany and earn '3 or 4 times' what you could at home but it's not OK for other EU citizens to do exactly what you did? Spot the inconsistency?

p

I don`t give a toss what you think pal,they obviously have no effect on your life at all otherwise you wouldn`t be fighting their corner all the time,you are probably a slum lord filling up your BTLs with poles 4 to a room ,in which case its probably a case of more the better for you. ;)

The pure profundity of your posts. You are the racist. You want to deny people their right to keep immigrants out of THEIR country. You don't want Britain to be a race; you'd prefer some diluted unproductive country. Back in the real world people are really losing their jobs because they cannot compete. We are talking about a rapid cultural shift overnight and you cannot see the problem. :ph34r:

I'm not sure whether to pity your lack of knowledge or damn you for your disgusting beliefs.

Where did you get the idea that Britain is a 'race'? Britain is a country - a geographical concept. Some would claim that the British people are a race but it's a fairly stupid belief. We're all descended from immigrants - every one of us - the place was empty just a few thousand years ago. Until about 100 years ago, there were no migration rules whatsoever, so people came in and out of the country as they felt like. So, our British 'race' is as mongrel as all the other peoples of Europe.

Some people refer to the purity of the Anglo-Saxon blood. Where the hell do they think the Angles and Saxons came from? Aylsbury? Aberdeen? Prats!

Add together the Celts, Romans, Angles, Saxons, Normans plus all the various peoples who came here over the following centuries, unhindered. Then mix the English, Welsh, Irish and Scots together and pour in the odd few thousands American GI sons and daughters. What have you got? Not your imaginary 'Britain is a race', that's for sure!

However much your pathetic mind wishes for you to belong to some sort of racial group, it can't be done. You're a mongrel. I'm a mongrel. Our head of state, in particular, is a mongrel. So, don't worry about it. Try and find something else to give you some modicum of pride because your 'race' wont provide it.

p

Guest AuntJess

I am not an economics specialist - far from it. I have seen governments come and governments go - each has made its own particular boo-boos. I have voted for them all at one time or another. But I have been aware over the last 10 years of a growing dissatisfaction: sitting in the hairdressers, standing in a supermarket queue.. people muttering.

No point in taking the moral high ground and saying it is racist, xenophiobia or just plain "not naice", too many intermingling cultures don't work - especially when combined with high density population.We get ghettos, cliques, etc. " Birds of a feather, (DO want to )flock together" My cuz in France lives in a gang of ex-pats. People prefer their own kind. To negatively label it as xenophobia is counter-productive as EVERYone does it. All the Asians, I know live in large family groupings and colonies. Why?... because they like it that way. :)

Humans do have a tendency to form allegiances on the basis of group membership, no matter what the criteria for membership are. So for example the local Labour club and conservative club, tend to cleave to each other for social 'dos' as they prefer their own kind. It isn't segregationist, it is a fact of life.

I don't know what Tony Blair's agenda is for sure: I can make a guess B) but it isn't a noble altruistic reaching out to impoverished countries to help them.He isn't pro multi-culture either.

This is an interesting article

I'm not sure whether to pity your lack of knowledge or damn you for your disgusting beliefs.

Where did you get the idea that Britain is a 'race'? Britain is a country - a geographical concept. Some would claim that the British people are a race but it's a fairly stupid belief. We're all descended from immigrants - every one of us - the place was empty just a few thousand years ago. Until about 100 years ago, there were no migration rules whatsoever, so people came in and out of the country as they felt like. So, our British 'race' is as mongrel as all the other peoples of Europe.

Some people refer to the purity of the Anglo-Saxon blood. Where the hell do they think the Angles and Saxons came from? Aylsbury? Aberdeen? Prats!

Add together the Celts, Romans, Angles, Saxons, Normans plus all the various peoples who came here over the following centuries, unhindered. Then mix the English, Welsh, Irish and Scots together and pour in the odd few thousands American GI sons and daughters. What have you got? Not your imaginary 'Britain is a race', that's for sure!

However much your pathetic mind wishes for you to belong to some sort of racial group, it can't be done. You're a mongrel. I'm a mongrel. Our head of state, in particular, is a mongrel. So, don't worry about it. Try and find something else to give you some modicum of pride because your 'race' wont provide it.

p

It might have been empty a few thousand years ago but it's not empty now pal. Britain, The British whatever, pedantic twerp that you are. You are a mongrel but there are still a few of us with pedigree around. You lack identity and obviously don't belong.

I don`t give a toss what you think pal,they obviously have no effect on your life at all otherwise you wouldn`t be fighting their corner all the time,you are probably a slum lord filling up your BTLs with poles 4 to a room ,in which case its probably a case of more the better for you. ;)

So, it was OK for you to be an economic migrant to Germany but not for Eastern Euros to come to work here? Having trouble answering a straightforward question? Pal!

p

It might have been empty a few thousand years ago but it's not empty now pal. Britain, The British whatever, pedantic twerp that you are. You are a mongrel but there are still a few of us with pedigree around. You lack identity and obviously don't belong.

Wrong. You don't have pedigree. At least, I hope to God that you don't because by now you'd be just a blithering inbred.

Now, come to think of it...

p

So, it was OK for you to be an economic migrant to Germany but not for Eastern Euros to come to work here? Having trouble answering a straightforward question? Pal!

p

I would imagine it's proscrastination; whether to type that you're a c*ck, cu@t or a t#at.

Guest AuntJess

p

Racially yes we are mongrels, no point in denying its truth. As someone who has researched her family tree I can attest to this. The problem is not so much race as in genetic basis, but in "culture" - what we expect of other members of OUR culture, what others expect of theirs. When there is a wide chasm betwixt, then there is trouble. Customs and culture is what divides people - normal people - not colour or race.

It's very simple, pat.

This country is full.

It does not have the resources to sustainably support further growth in the population.

It does not have the resources to support the current population into old age.

I can't believe I'm explaining this on a site for those unable to afford a home because supply is outpaced by demand!