House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unexpected

Property Guru Turns Bear

The market has peaked, this summer has seen the suckers rally.

The media / economic house price pundits after calling the market "peak" wrong in 2004 are now to nervous to make predictions of falling prices.

I just want to make an exact prediciton for the record:

"In 2007 the Land Registry figure for the average property price in Eng & Wales will go Year on Year negative."

I suspect it will happen in Q3 or Q4 2007 Land Reg Figures (but it could happen in the first 2 QU figures of 2007)

At the moment Land Reg HPI is 7.71% Y on Y based on Q2 06 figures.

This will go negative in 2007 Y on Y, the market has peaked.

PG

:D:D:D

Got to hand it to him though. He's seen whats coming and rather than slinking off hes decided to stay on as a bear. :)

i want to carry on and talk about ******** taking UK jobs ............

PG has also consistently maintained that the average price will not fall below the average price of Q1 2004. He thinks we are already 2 years into a soft landing.

Prices may drop, but will they crash?

Good on PG for being prepared to stick his neck out and make a precise prediction, with a date attached.

Would any bears on here like to do the same thing? Personally I'm tired of the "crash has already started!" and "prices will fall by 70%" type posts, where the poster will never admit he was wrong because "just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't happen".

The 'other place'..... ;)

You mean it came from the dark side - where the bears use the force to guide them –

I like PG’s predictions – so far he has been right – much more so than others who seriously think the HPC started years ago

I agree with him i think we are seeing a suckers rally, but i think prices will

eventually drop to 2000/2001 levels adjusted for inflation

:D:D:D

Got to hand it to him though. He's seen whats coming and rather than slinking off hes decided to stay on as a bear. :)

Ach....hes covering his ass so we can't enjoy ripping the proverbial after him being so wrong for so long.

Its not going to work.

I'm sorry, where is this quote from? I'm seeing lots of allusions to it but no-one is just coming out and saying where PropertyGuru said this......

Pete

I'm sorry, where is this quote from? I'm seeing lots of allusions to it but no-one is just coming out and saying where PropertyGuru said this......

Pete

I did post a link but for some reason it's being censored. (probably since it's from another house price discussion board which might be considered a rival to hpc)

I did post a link but for some reason it's being censored. (probably since it's from another house price discussion board which might be considered a rival to hpc)

Please PM me the name of the site.

Thanks.

Pete

Please PM me the name of the site.

Isn’t this the way things went wrong last time- I believe lot’s of people got there PM rights removed for doing just that – but the site is easy to find as there are not many house price crash sites – just do a search in google

I'm not sure why PM'ing isn't working for me.

However, I have managed to do some searching and located what I needed to find.

Dr. Google gave the right prescription.... :)

Pete