House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

More Gas Pain To Come This Winter Hitting Discretionary Spending

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22082006/325/tigh...ly-forseen.html

Tight winter gas supply forseen
Reuters
Tuesday August 22, 03:57 PM
STAVANGER, Norway (Reuters) - The supply of gas this winter will be uncomfortably tight despite billions of pounds of investment by energy firms on projects to boost imports, Energy Minister Malcolm Wicks said on Tuesday.
Wicks told Reuters the UK market, Europe's biggest, will be as tight as the last two winters because rising demand and falling output from ageing North Sea fields cancel out the impact of new gas pipelines from Norway and the Netherlands.
"It's not going to be the easiest of winters and we need to manage this with care and make sure we get it right," Wicks said on the sidelines of an energy industry conference.
"It's looking the same as the last two or three years," he added.
Household energy bills have doubled in three years
to record levels and utilities have warned of further increases as pressure on gas supplies forces up wholesale costs.

Good thing fuel costs are not included in Gordon's miraculous non-inflating CPI basket or the world would see that inflation IS a problem in this country requiring dramatic and punishing IR hikes.

Sounds like I should keep my gas company shares then.

RB - do you know wnywhere where you can look at the historical price of natural gas?

Bring it on. The more the average late-comer buyer is squeezed into repossession the better. For those who can't afford houses that is.

I'm not being emotional about it. I reckon gas is too cheap anyway. I mean, it's BRILLIANT isn't it?

Sounds like I should keep my gas company shares then.

RB - do you know wnywhere where you can look at the historical price of natural gas?

Sorry--not sure. I would look into buying UKC (Coal) up 25% since June with a takeover rumour of some credibility. I bought in at 1.41 earlier this year. No brainer with the energy "crisis" going on.

Thanks for the link Durch - I am disappointed that the gas price is not going up as much as I feel it should! May be it will go up come winter. Thx for the tip RB. My best recent share is IG Group - spread betters - impressive financials - may be worth a peek!