House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Home Office: 427,065 Immigrants Approved By June

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../uimmigrant.xml

Record immigration from eastern Europe

(Filed: 22/08/2006)

Your view: Should Britain limit EU immigration?

More than 427,000 eastern Europeans have come to work in Britain since the expansion of the European Union in May 2004, more than twenty times official predictions.
The figures, released by the Home Office this morning, have fuelled demands for an end to Britain's "open-door" immigration policy.
The total number of immigrants who applied to the Government's worker registration scheme from the eight former Communist countries which joined the EU in May 2004 rose to 447,000 by the end of June. Of those 427,095 have been approved.
This figure does not include self-employed workers - thought to cover a significant number of eastern Europeans in the building trade.
If they were counted, analysts believe the overall total would be closer to 600,000...../
Britain was alone among the major European economies in declining to adopt restrictions
when ten countries - Poland, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Cyprus and Malta - joined the EU in 2004.
:lol:

The government should, at the same time, order the immediate construction of at least 100,000 new homes for the new arrivals or the existing shortage of homes for FTBs and those already in the country will be made worse. These could be sold cheaply with government subsidies and to allow the immigrants to sell them on for a huge profit as they become settled in the country. :lol:

Edited by Realistbear

More than 427,000 eastern Europeans have come to work in Britain since the expansion of the European Union in May 2004, more than twenty times official predictions.
The figures, released by the Home Office this morning, have fuelled demands for an end to Britain's "open-door" immigration policy.
The total number of immigrants who applied to the Government's worker registration scheme from the eight former Communist countries which joined the EU in May 2004 rose to 447,000 by the end of June. Of those 427,095 have been approved.
This figure does not include self-employed workers - thought to cover a significant number of eastern Europeans in the building trade.
If they were counted, analysts believe the overall total would be closer to 600,000...../
Britain was alone among the major European economies in declining to adopt restrictions
when ten countries - Poland, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Cyprus and Malta - joined the EU in 2004.

The government should, at the same time, order the immediate construction of at least 100,000 new homes for the new arrivals or the existing shortage of homes for FTBs and those already in the country will be made worse. These could be sold cheaply with government subsidies and to allow the immigrants to sell them on for a huge profit as they become settled in the country. :lol:

even I, inveterate leftist and "one world one people" multiculturalist am concerned about what is going on. I say this from the perspective of a would-be FTBer in an area of East London not unadjacent to the Olympic site.

I see so many lovely family houses offered up to buyers as "investment opportunities" never as a place to live, or raise a family. The price is such that normal working families cannot sensibly afford the houses, and the market rent for them is far lower than the mortgage payment. Therefore, they can only be made to work, economically, by stuffing them with a dozen Poles, or breaking them into flats.

Neither of these things is particularly good for the wellbeing of the community - which families are the glue of.

edit: the articles often talk of "pressure on public services" but rarely seem to raise concern about a far more dangerous pressure, at the height of this bubble... "pressure on housing"

Edited by Fancypants

Man, this really winds me up. We get all this crap about how stretched the health service is, councils struggling to meet expenditure targets, and then we have a government letting unlimited numbers of people into the Country just to add insult to injury. If the rest of the major Countries evaluated it and came to the conclusion that open borders were not a good idea, why the hell did TB and the muppets think they had such superior judgement on the issue. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

AFP

THERE ARE 5.7 MILLION RECEIVING STATE AID

-includes MILLIONS ON INCAPACITY (Depression, Obesity, alcoholism, other cr4p)

-Also includes 2.7 Million on state Aid for over 5 continuous years....!!!

This is the statistics we have to target!!!

1 in 8 !!! We are Supporting 1 in 8 working people!!!

This Government SUCKS

Edited by delboypass

THERE ARE 5.7 MILLION RECEIVING STATE AID

-includes MILLIONS ON INCAPACITY (Depression, Obesity, alcoholism, other cr4p)

-Also includes 2.7 Million on state Aid for over 5 continuous years....!!!

This is the statistics we have to target!!!

1 in 8 !!! We are Supporting 1 in 8 working people!!!

This Government SUCKS

Exactly - immigration is a red herring and a soft target. The Home Office figures showed that only 680 immigrants from the EU have claimed income-related benefits. Hardly stretching the system to breaking point... :ph34r:

Exactly - immigration is a red herring and a soft target. The Home Office figures showed that only 680 immigrants from the EU have claimed income-related benefits. Hardly stretching the system to breaking point... :ph34r:

I agree, but remember it is the pressure being put on housing that is adding to the BTL / HPI nightmare in this country. If you average 6 immigrants per house / flat, thats approximately 100,000 (going on 600,000 new immigrants) homes not available to the UK indiginous population.

#scoobydoo#

:ph34r:

I agree, but remember it is the pressure being put on housing that is adding to the BTL / HPI nightmare in this country. If you average 6 immigrants per house / flat, thats approximately 100,000 (going on 600,000 new immigrants) homes not available to the UK indiginous population.

#scoobydoo#

Only if nobody is building houses or flats - the bastards are springing up all over the place round my way! Your figures are definitely a worst case scenario...

#scoobydoo#

THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!

1/ PEOPLE GO BACK INTO WORK

2/ WE CAN STOP WASTING TAXES SUPPORTING THEM

3/ IMMIGRANTS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET ANY WORK!!

HOW MANY WIN / WIN scenarios does cutting benefits give us!!!!

Will stop gym slip mums for a start!! (which we have failed on out 2010 target already!!)

Only if nobody is building houses or flats - the bastards are springing up all over the place round my way! Your figures are definitely a worst case scenario...

Scooby doo is quite rabid in his views about immigrants and immigration in general - he doesn't like the darkies, know what i mean guvnor.

THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!

Will stop gym slip mums for a start!! (which we have failed on out 2010 target already!!)

appealingly logical... however, this is what WILL happen...

1) recession

2) tories get in

3) tories cut benefits, but there are no longer jobs for people to go to. Jobless Poles fight with skinted scroungers in the streets

4) I buy Buck Pal outright with savings (invested in gold in meantime)

:blink:

I bet more people left the uk than came here.

The more non-fanatical religious types who come to this country the better in my opinion.

Edited by zag2me

Scooby doo is quite rabid in his views about immigrants and immigration in general - he doesn't like the darkies, know what i mean guvnor.

actually, we have the rather interesting and ironic situation in my neck of the woods where the people holding British passports are invariably those whose skin is of a darker hue.

It's ****** that's causing the problem. Both at the top of our military-industrial complex, and down here in the gutters of East London.

edit: While there are many "sons of immigrants" busily building their own property empires, I tend to find that most of the slumlords are white too. First generation immigrants tend to have more traditional attitudes toward debt - they may just emerge from the forthcoming debt D-day rather stronger than they currently are...

and while I'm on the subject, it is clear that it is the feeling of "entitlement" that causes resentment, dissatisfaction, envy and bitterness. Fresh off the boaters love this country more than the indigenous people, and will gladly do more for it. People who were born here seem to think that they are owed something - in spite of the fact that they already received their jackpot by being born pretty damn close to the pinnacle of modern civilisation...

Edited by Fancypants

THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!

But immigrants from poor EU countries will always be able to undercut wages / living standards so they will always been a more attractive prospect to employers than someone with a 10 year history of dole money bludging!

I think we need to do the following...

1. Shut our borders completely and operate a 2 out 1 in system

2. Reduce the popultation to 50 million or less through managed reduction (will sort housing, social services overload and road congestion problems in one swoop)

3. Do not give any sort of unemployment benefit / child benefit until you have paid at least £10K in taxes (this will stop the gym slip mums)

4. Stricter incapacity benefit criteria (no whinging I am a bit stressed)

5. Set tax at 30% across the board (this will hit immigrants wage packets working at the low end of the pay scale making the UK less attractive to them)

#scoobydoo#

Edited by #scoobydoo#

Welll im definately not in favour of immigration either nor a great supporter of anything else other than middle class including colours/lower class/criminals.

But immigrants from poor EU countries will always be able to undercut wages / living standards so they will always been a more attractive prospect to employers than someone with a 10 year history of dole money bludging!

I think we need to do the following...

1. Shut our borders completely and operate a 2 out 1 in system

2. Reduce the popultation to 50 million or less through managed reduction (will sort housing, social services overload and road congestion problems in one swoop)

3. Do not give any sort of unemployment benefit / child benefit until you have paid at least £10K in taxes (this will stop the gym slip mums)

5. Set tax at 30% across the board

#scoobydoo#

Who cares if they cut wages???

I understand the fittest only survive so instead of hanging out on street corners, i got an education, a degree and a job rahter than waiting for the Government to cover my a55.

If there is no supporting benefits, people will have to go back to work, this will drive down the economy and hence prices..

Maybe their parents will educate kids that they get nothing for free and that they should actually go to school to learn..

And yes of course we should stop immigrantion but if there is nowhere for them to live and their wages are so bad that they are forced to live badly im pretty sure they wouldnt come...unfortunately that is not the problem just now!!

Please point to one single post where I have said i do not like people of a darker colour????

If you used your brain and read my posts you would see I have no problem with people from around the world coming to live here. My beef is with housing problems, social care problems, congestion problems, population resource density problems, integration and community harmony problems. Please do not imply that I am a racist, I am merely a realist whilst you seem to live in cloud 'Cuckoo' land quite literally.

#scoobydoo#

I don't like flat tax, but I can't argue with your (4). Dependency on benefits makes people ill, as much as the other way around. I have met a staggering number of people who are "on the sick" and there's little to stop most of them working - apart from the fact that they don't have to, because I'm paying for their little Monday Club visits to Wetherspoons.

Please point to one single post where I have said i do not like people of a darker colour????

My beef is with housing problems, social care problems, congestion problems, population resource density problems, integration and community harmony problems. Please do not imply that I am a racist, I am merely a realist whilst you seem to live in cloud 'Cuckoo' land quite literally.

#scoobydoo#

no it isn't , you merely use these as a front for thinly disguised racially prejudiced comments, particularly about Eastern Europeans. Just like Hitler.

no it isn't , you merely use these as a front for thinly disguised racially prejudiced comments, particularly about Eastern Europeans. Just like Hitler.

As I thought, you have no proof, so now because you are too thick to defend yourself, you will just imply that I am somehow the second coming of Adolf Hitler because I care about my country. Grow the fu*k up...

#scoobydoo#

If you used your brain and read my posts you would see I have no problem with people from around the world coming to live here. My beef is with housing problems, social care problems, congestion problems, population resource density problems, integration and community harmony problems. Please do not imply that I am a racist, I am merely a realist whilst you seem to live in cloud 'Cuckoo' land quite literally.

#scoobydoo#

You forgot to mention the increased crime being imported by unchecked immigration, the destruction of teaching standards in schools in the affected areas and and the re-importation of diseases that we had cured 50 years ago. :)

You forgot to mention the increased crime being imported by unchecked immigration, the destruction of teaching standards in schools in the affected areas and and the re-importation of diseases that we had cured 50 years ago. :)

probably because such claims would be almost wholly baseless.

Again, associating and focusing on immigrants as disease bringers, slovenly and unmanageable at school, and criminals.

What next, labour camps? You need to take your small minded prejudices elsewhere. I'm proud to live in a multi cultural vibrant country, long may it remain so in fact the more the merrier as far as i and most people i know are concerned. the sooner there's an integrated ethnic majority from all over the wold the better, then we can put all this racial trouble behind us

Ask a panel of 1000 experienced teachers, doctors and police officer of 30 years or more service and by god they will give you a base to work from.

#scoobydoo#

Again, associating and focusing on immigrants as disease bringers, slovenly and unmanageable at school, and criminals.

What next, labour camps? You need to take your small minded prejudices elsewhere. I'm proud to live in a multi cultural vibrant country, long may it remain so in fact the more the merrier as far as i and most people i know are concerned. the sooner there's an integrated ethnic majority from all over the wold the better, then we can put all this racial trouble behind us

LMAO

#scoobydoo#

Really obviously your total PC blindness obscures facts. Educate yourself a bit or better still go and chat to someone who lives in an area with children presently being enriched by immigration.

Ask a panel of 1000 experienced teachers, doctors and police officer of 30 years or more service and by god they will give you a base to work from.

#scoobydoo#

LMAO

#scoobydoo#

that's like, the completely unbiased institutionally racist police you're talking about and the teachers and doctors over 50 years old, nearly all who are white and male. Representative panel ! About as unbiased as you are.