House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dmrc

Forecasted Interest Rates

Expected Rate Declines in the US - Further tighteting in UK

I find it interesting though that after the Spring of next year, IRs are predicted to fall back again all the way to 2010.

Do they think that 5% is going to be enough to completely contain CPI inflation for the next 4 years ??

:unsure:

I find it interesting though that after the Spring of next year, IRs are predicted to fall back again all the way to 2010.

Do they think that 5% is going to be enough to completely contain CPI inflation for the next 4 years ??

:unsure:

Clearly they do. But they have underestimated inflationary pressures for some time now - see the "surprise" the recent hike was greeted with. In the city, there is an endemic bias toward low rates - they're all part of the gravy train and they know it.

There is also a widespread acceptance of official inflation stats. I don't know what it was like down here in the 80s/early 90s, but back in the North, no-one accepted that the official government stats on unemployment were anything other than aggressively massaged. I think we are seeing that people are finally waking up to the fact that CPI/RPI are distorted in the same way...